forum

A bit more of a warning [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Alright, so we dont have the dancing 3D models yet. I know. But I came up with an idea that'll be an even greater warning when a player reaches the <!>/<No!>/<!!> area, until we get the dancers to lose their breath.

How about forcing the background to add a tint of red to itself, making it more intense as the player continues to fail? Its hard to keep an eye on the bar and what you're doing at the same time (esp. with the faster beat maps), so this would really add more warning and suspense.
devkit4384
its a good idea
P-Drogan

RemmyX25 wrote:

Alright, so we dont have the dancing 3D models yet. I know. But I came up with an idea that'll be an even greater warning when a player reaches the <!>/<No!>/<!!> area, until we get the dancers to lose their breath.

How about forcing the background to add a tint of red to itself, making it more intense as the player continues to fail? Its hard to keep an eye on the bar and what you're doing at the same time (esp. with the faster beat maps), so this would really add more warning and suspense.
Can i add a thing to your idea?
not only the background turns red as you get closer to failing,
but it slowly pulses (turns red and then normal and so on...) as well, and it gets faster as you're about to fail.
Cecilthemos
Cool idea and all, but what would it do for a red background? Just get a darker red and flash?
MegaTailzChao
I think it should also zoom in a bit, like it does in EBA.
awp

MegaTailzChao wrote:

Zoom in on what
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaTailzChao

awp wrote:

MegaTailzChao wrote:

Zoom in on what
The background, of course!
Vic
What about blank backgrounds or black ones T.T
chan

Vic wrote:

What about blank backgrounds or black ones T.T
Aren't black backgrounds the same as blank ones?
adamskii_uk

RemmyX25 wrote:

Can i add a thing to your idea?
not only the background turns red as you get closer to failing,
but it slowly pulses (turns red and then normal and so on...) as well, and it gets faster as you're about to fail.
I'm fine with this idea as long as it can be turned off in the options, since I'm epileptic.

chan

adamskii_uk wrote:

I'm fine with this idea as long as it can be turned off in the options, since I'm epileptic.
OMG, don't play James' Better Off Alone beatmap, he used lots of strobing lights
adamskii_uk

chan wrote:

adamskii_uk wrote:

OMG, don't play James' Better Off Alone beatmap, he used lots of strobing lights
Thanks for the warning since I'll be playing that beatmap some time in the future.

I guess I'll have to use the 'no video' option in the MODs section for the beatmap you mentioned. :)
peppy

adamskii_uk wrote:

I guess I'll have to use the 'no video' option in the MODs section for the beatmap you mentioned. :)
Its actually storyboarded. Remove the png file from the beatmap folder before playing. Because seriously, I almost got an epileptic fit playing that song, and I'm not epileptic.
Sinistro
I wonder if there should also be a "No Storyboard" Mod. I guess there'll be more point to it when more storyboards exist, though.
adamskii_uk

peppy wrote:

adamskii_uk wrote:

Its actually storyboarded. Remove the png file from the beatmap folder before playing. Because seriously, I almost got an epileptic fit playing that song, and I'm not epileptic.
Ok, thanks for the info. :D

It's a shame I can't check it out, it sounds like a fun beatmap. It's hard to believe that 15 years ago I owned my own portable strobe light since I used to be a DJ, although, I admit, I wasn't a very good one. It was from the continuous use of strobe lights and drugs that I became epileptic. Oh well, I guess I only have myself to blame for my condition. :(