forum

Post your Artwork!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theowest
Original content, so no rage comics, photography or shitty off-topic posts.

So post any good drawing of yours, fan-art, sculptures, origami, paintings, amazing photoshop artwork, simply anything we might find visually pleasing.
Feel free to give constructive feedback to posts and give support to artists.

Edit: This is not where you post your social medias, just artwork.
Bweh
First

Edit: Dumping

I claim this thread as a 10/10, would post again numerous times.
Arvess
Aeidxst
Fresh.

I think this thread should be attached to top.
N A L U

sometimes draw but often spend time playing games lol
Sakura
^

That's pretty cute, i like :)
armorbreak
Pure Origami (meaning one sheet of square paper no glue no cuts just folds)

More on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tohs_origami/
Bweh
Mother of God
Arvess
Wow. armorbreak, is this you? :P

armorbreak

asakuraShinji wrote:

Wow. armorbreak, is this you? :P

haha
deadbeat

N A L U wrote:

OMG....so cute *-*
Jazz
oh my god armorbreak that is so good

and it's just one sheet of paper????

wow
Kunieda

armorbreak wrote:

Pure Origami (meaning one sheet of square paper no glue no cuts just folds)

More on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tohs_origami/
Epic handiwork
Teach me please~ :>

Edit:
fartownik

Aeidxst wrote:

Fresh.

I think this thread should be attached to top.
This is too awesome.
Birdy
I make things with fractal techniques,

though usually it just becomes random mess instead of objects,

but here's the coolest selfmade thing in my opinion, and also the most recent, I hope dA allows hotlinking.

Gonzvlo

Brian OA wrote:

Amazing, you're so creative!

This is one of my first compositions, it's an axial one inspired in Libeskind.

This one is an abstract one made with charcoal and lacquer, based on leaf elements. This the 2D version, I'll share the 3D version later.
blissfulyoshi
Edit: Forgot to read the no photography part, moving to another thread.
Bweh
This thread is so awesome

I can't believe it
Aoriki
Everyone so creative. This is my original, I had to take a photo of it cause my scanner wasn't working at the time and I sent the original to a friend for his birthday.

Topic Starter
theowest
How about "Post your original Artwork" as a title for this topic? Someone changed it to "Post Your Original Stuff" which doesn't look as good imo. What do you guys think?

Amazing work so far to everyone posting their stuff.
N A L U

theowest wrote:

How about "Post your original Artwork" as a title for this topic? Someone changed it to "Post Your Original Stuff" which doesn't look as good imo. What do you guys think?
yeah~
Bweh

theowest wrote:

Amazing work so far to everyone posting their stuff.
How about just "Post your Artwork"

Because "original", as far as websites such as pixiv and dA are involved, rule out things such as fan art and this includes games, anime, shows, books. It can be a bit confusing and may raise some doubts as to what can be put up here. "Your" is enough to imply artwork that you've created.
Topic Starter
theowest
That's a great title, I find it pretty obvious it should be your original stuff when it's yours and I even wrote "original content" in the post.

I think fan-art shoul be allowed in this topic even though it can't be considered very original, but because you made it.
Bweh
Pixiv does state that fan art is not original content, so I'd be a bit hesitant before I post a pic I drew of Goku in here, for example. Sure, it's not original but it's still one's work per se.

EDIT: Well to give my post a bit more of a purpose, here's a draft of my next pic I'm working on. Inking/making lineart is so tedious =w=

Izayoi the overpowered MC from Mondaiji ^. Still no idea why I'm drawing Mondaiji and not something objectively better like JoJo

Thanks to Porsche and DarkScienceLord for going through the original sketches for any mistakes
Arvess
EDIT: Well to give my post a bit more of a purpose, here's a draft of my next pic I'm working on. Inking/making lineart is so tedious =w=

Izayoi the overpowered MC from Mondaiji ^. Still no idea why I'm drawing Mondaiji and not something objectively better like JoJo

Thanks to Porsche and DarkScienceLord for going through the original sketches for any mistakes
Teach me how to sketch neatly like that, please...

Well, here's my newest piece. I'm too lazy to draw a background, ahahah....

Bweh

asakuraShinji wrote:

Teach me how to sketch neatly like that, please...

Well, here's my newest piece. I'm too lazy to draw a background, ahahah....

Use an HB pencil for guidelines, then a stronger pencil such as a 2B for the actual drawing. Try to use the least amount of strokes possible for your lines so you can keep it clean and simple. Usually when you're using too many strokes for a particular shape it means that you're not sure how to draw it. This happens with eyes, hands, and ears; things that are usually fun but hard to draw. And yeah, it'll probably take several strokes until you figure out what's the shape you want, but make sure to erase them and settle on one, not three or a whole mess of them. :)

Also make your fingers a bit thicker; they need some more meat in there.

But yeah, that's pretty good
Arvess

Brian OA wrote:

Usually when you're using too many strokes for a particular shape it means that you're not sure how to draw it. This happens with eyes, hands, and ears; things that are usually fun but hard to draw.
This is exactly my problem. I still tend to use many strokes to form a line... Looks like I have to take a break from digital and back to practicing with pencil and paper for a bit. Haha.

And thanks for the advice. :D
-FireThunder-
My Art :D
Chibi but fail :(

Someone teach me use paintool SAI with mouse :(
Kluddio
Ahh, Not really a master piece but i kinda like it ^^
Could work more with the colours if you guys have any thing to improve it be sure to post about it ;)

Aoriki

Cloudio-san wrote:

Could work more with the colours if you guys have any thing to improve it be sure to post about it ;)

Psh, master piece or not it's pretty amazing.
Kluddio

Aoriki wrote:

Cloudio-san wrote:

Psh, master piece or not it's pretty amazing.
hehe ^^
Ty for the comment :)
Sakura
That's pretty well done, and i think i remember that picture from a ztrot map.
Kluddio

Sakura wrote:

That's pretty well done, and i think i remember that picture from a ztrot map.
Yea, I needed to remake a picture in my own style for art class so and add a part of a song to it.
And follow some there line, to try to learn how other people draw those types of senarios, then you just add your own ideas to it.
So some parts are stolen but am still learning how to draw.

Kyonko Hizara

the memories of this
show more