forum

old CTB hyperdashes / dashfruits [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
ayiku
Since I'm not very used to writing forum threads, I don't really know if this is the right subforum, but I thought it would fit here best. Excuse me, if I'm wrong.

Since the new update, hyperdashes changed a lot.
Paradoxically, easy maps (easy insanes) became hard, hard maps became easy?
Ever had problems with pixel jumps? - Nows your chance! CTB update will let your dreams come true.
Well I'm drifting away.

Of course you could say the new way of dashing/hyperdashing is a matter of practice and routine.. but well.. after some years of playing it's not that easy to change. Ctb just became much too easy. In my opinion the fun is spoilt. And I really mean that.

Worst point: I don't really know why something so unfamiliar changes 3 days before cwc (catch the beat worldcup).
How representative is a tournament, where nobody is used of playing. I've been looking forward to cwc - well, not anymore.

If you want to try a map where changes definitively should be mentioned:

Renard - Rainbow Dash Likes Girls (Stay Gay Pony Girl)

Personally, I noticed a difference between dashing when hyperdashing (which would mean pressing your dash button) and not dashing (pressing) when hyperdashing. It seems easier without dashing. I would consider it being too easy / extreme.
Also, I noticed a small increase in speed when dashing (withoug hyperdashes) and generally a larger amount of hyperdashes. (maybe something is just my imagination)

I don't know if peppy does play ctb actively. If he does.. WHY these changes? Where are the advantages? I would like to know.
And if he doesn't.. well, i'd say you can't improve things, you don't know about. So why even try it.

So now I would like to here your opinions / remarks and whether you share my request or not.

I don't really care if you share this opinion, no need to flame. I wrote this since I couldn't resist expressing my gratefulness.
DoKito
Can't agree more with you.
Kitsunemimi
Sadly, this request has already been requested and shot down. p/2049830
Topic Starter
ayiku

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Sadly, this request has already been requested and shot down. p/2049830
well then just say it's in the wrong subforum.
I guess there are people who want to discuss this.

Besides, not everyone was able to play that test built. Ctb updates - getting worse each time.
Seph
No. This is actually way better, if not, the best for CtB. sure it still has its flaws, but peppy is trying to make it better for everyone, but then again not everyone will like it.

Why not give it a week? If you're still unsatisfied why not make a better timing calculation etc etc for the fix?

No one's forcing you to play this game, and complaining wouldn't get you anywhere.
Topic Starter
ayiku

Seph wrote:

No. This is actually way better, if not, the best for CtB. sure it still has its flaws, but peppy is trying to make it better for everyone, but then again not everyone will like it.

Why not give it a week? If you're still unsatisfied why not make a better timing calculation etc etc for the fix?

No one's forcing you to play this game, and complaining wouldn't get you anywhere.
I really really appreciated the old way it was.
I'm more concerned about cwc, since it's not representative with the new update at all in my opinion.
To me it seems like the worst moment to release this update.
Seph
Learn2play then
Topic Starter
ayiku

Seph wrote:

Learn2play then
It's not just me in the tournament, you know.
MrSake

ayiku wrote:

Seph wrote:

Learn2play then
It's not just me in the tournament, you know.
Yes, and everyone have same hyperdashes and time to get adjusted to them, so I don't see the problem.
And this fix doesn't even change the first round maps so much. When the maps got announced yesterday I fc'd most of them, and when this fix was released today I fc'd same maps only in couple retries at max.

Maybe in later rounds when maps gets harder this fix affects them more, but then players have also more experience in dealing with it.
TheVileOne
This should make things more interesting IMO. It will be a survival of the fitting type competition. Who can adapt and who will fail? Stay tuned.