forum

Am i making osu angry? Well, i know. Now stop that, please. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mmnah
Hi.

As you can see from the subject, i would speak about this annoying message box that appears if osu havent found BG for current map in it's folder.
I apologize for my english skills, but hope theyre enough to tell you what i think.

Yes, i find that feature pretty fair to those who is making maps, storyboards, map designs at all. I have nothing against it, although i wouldnt say i support it.
I dislike the way it forced to players.

Lets see.
For example, im just an average osu player (which i actually am, but this story isnt about me) and i like (guess what?) ranks.
I like to improve my skill, and i also like to use my skills to get better ranks.
As we all know, to get a good rank in the ladder for a particular song, we have to replay it many many times. Some of us doing it less, others do it much.
Some players, such as me, find background annoying to play with. Some also find custom skins annoying to use, but thats an other story.
So what is the best solution to get better perfomance on a particular map? Right, is to delete the background, the storyboard. (,the custom skin, the custom sounds)
After doing that, im starting getting that annoying message that informs me that im making osu angry. I feel sorry for that, but i have to.

So what i got now? The message which prevents me to see first beats (especially if playing with hidden and/or hard rock), and also making the game field uncomfortable to play on for a few seconds.
Yes, thats only few seconds, but all we know (especially osu players) how much those seconds costs.

Why was i saying that?
I want to make it less forced to players.

How to do that?
I suggest to make it shows up limited amount of times per map.

For example, im playing the map which background was deleted. Let this message shows up less than five times to me, and then leave me alone.
That would be fair, i believe.
It would still inform the player how bad he is, but wont be that annoying for those who playing the same map to get ranks. (read as: playing it many many times)

There was also some options that appeared it my head once, but i wont write them there, because found the nice one about which i already wrote above.

Sorry for that big wall of text. Hope i made the reader feels excactly what im feeling everytime im playing the map multiple times, so they could get the issue reason.

Thank you for attention, have a nice day!
TakuMii
You can fade the background to 100% now, FYI. I don't see a need for deleting the storyboard+skin+BG image, since you can disable it all.
Sure you have to play a song once first to get those options, but it's like that for a reason.
Topic Starter
mmnah

YayMii wrote:

You can fade the background to 100% now, FYI. I don't see a need for deleting the storyboard+skin+BG image, since you can disable it all.
Sure you have to play a song once first to get those options, but it's like that for a reason.
I know that, but thanks for noticing.

Just one question about this option:
What if i cant pass the map atleast once?
After that, all the problem written above turned into that i just replaying map many times to atleast pass it, but getting rank.
blissfulyoshi
A few things:

If you can't pass a map with the background the way the mapper made it, you probably aren't good enough to play the map (you can always jsut beat hte map with no fail on and beat the map again afterwrd)

Next, when osz2 comes out, it will be impossible for you to remove backgrounds and custom skins from the folders

Third, colors that are impossible to play with should have been fixed in the modding process, so please complain about it before it is ranked.

Fourth, if the map is super old and has an sb that is flashing at insae rates....just say the map is old, turn on no fail, and pass the map while not playing it. You can fix it with the sb off.

If you are wondering why you need to beat the map once, here is ppy's response p/2000836
bomber34
play Double time + No fail
Then you can dim 100% and play as you like ._.
If you play decent afterwards you don't even have to fear bad acc.

EDIT: blissfulyoshi stop ninja'ing me D: D: D:
Topic Starter
mmnah

blissfulyoshi wrote:

A few things:

If you can't pass a map with the background the way the mapper made it, you probably aren't good enough to play the map (you can always jsut beat hte map with no fail on and beat the map again afterwrd)

Next, when osz2 comes out, it will be impossible for you to remove backgrounds and custom skins from the folders

Third, colors that are impossible to play with should have been fixed in the modding process, so please complain about it before it is ranked.

Fourth, if the map is super old and has an sb that is flashing at insae rates....just say the map is old, turn on no fail, and pass the map while not playing it. You can fix it with the sb off.

If you are wondering why you need to beat the map once, here is ppy's response p/2000836
Thank you for your response.

1) What about actually insane maps such as freedom dive, big black, chipscape, etc etc etc?
3) That is personal. As for me, i cant realize my reaction skills if im having something instead of "black" on the screen. That is personal for everyone, but still not the individual issue.

My programmer's soul cant handle your "pass this map with nofail and dt". Why am i should do the things i dont want to do, but have to, to start enjoying the game? That isnt right.

Also, could you say the osz2 release date?
deadbeat

ohyou wrote:

Also, could you say the osz2 release date?
this is something that is slowly being released update my updated. it some ways, its all ready here, just not fully released.
MLGnom
Remember few days ago widesceen update? It come fairly quickly. Have you seen how many bugs it has at beginning?
osz2 will affect every map in game, it can't be done quickly. (It's just what I think...)
[Luanny]
Just download the map again, pass with nofail and use fun spoiler ._.
also, why do you care about background on such maps like tbb, freedom dive and chipscape? it is not like you will clear them only by deleting stuff but if you want to play it anyways use nofail lel
Flanster
._.