forum

improve display of online ranking [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
SNZ_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Takuma
I guess this could be okay. +1
Ekaru
I like. Support.
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jinxy
Not exacly useful.

You could be #1000/4000 and I don't think you would be like "OMG YAY I BEAT 3/4 OF THE PLAYERS"
And who actually looks at their # unless they got into the top 40 and/or do not toggle the mini scoreboard?
aRiskOfRain
It's probably COMPLETELY useless. I'd still like to know, though. +1.
Derekku
I really don't see any use other than it being a novelty feature. (e.g., "Wooo I got the lowest score on the song!" from playing as badly as possible but still completing the map)
Gemi
This is definitely useful imo, especially on the Catch the Beat side where many maps have only a few plays. A rank 30 might not be that nice when there have been only 32 plays. :P
0_o
I think that information would actually be very useful. Since different maps have different numbers of plays, so a rank of 100 on one map could mean much more than ranking 100 on another.

Support here.
Jinxy

Gemi wrote:

This is definitely useful imo, especially on the Catch the Beat side where many maps have only a few plays. A rank 30 might not be that nice when there have been only 32 plays. :P
And you can see that by clicking the arrow to scroll to the last page.

Maybe instead of a #/#, have the total show on the song selection, then make the fraction yourself.
bagnz0r
Support. :P
-SiN-
now its 10 vs 1.. yeah!
Gens

JInxyjem wrote:

Gemi wrote:

And you can see that by clicking the arrow to scroll to the last page.
Sometimes no one bothers to do that, and if the results screen shows it up your face it'd be more awesome. :P
Besides, that was just an example, how about rank 38 when there are only 43 plays? In this case you can't see there are 43 play, you only know it has >40.

JInxyjem wrote:

Maybe instead of a #/#, have the total show on the song selection, then make the fraction yourself.
I don't have an opinion on this, because... Well I don't know. Both ways would be fine I guess.
anonymous_old
I don't see this as being useful.

No support from me.
TheVileOne
Added