forum

Reworking that info screen you get after playing a map.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Wishy
Meaning this:

I'm pretty sure that most people just skip this screen. Even peppy noticed no one gave a fuck about all that and thought about changing it on some other thread (can't remember which) so here's the deal.

As you can see on the screen you get plenty of useless data, all this being:

1- Your personal rank gets compared to your old scores. I personally never give any importance to this, but I think some people may do so I think this could stay even after a rework.

2- Map Rank. This is good too and it should stay.

3- Overall. This is just plain wrong or just not up to date, you get this thing about your Ranked Score rank which is now meaningless since pp was added to the game. I'd vote for this being changed for pp ranking.

4- Accuracy. Wrong too, it displays the "old acc" status while it should (I think) display the new one. You can see on the screenshot that my acc appears to be 93,60 while it is almost 97 on that thing where my avatar is.

5- Ranked score. Again, meaningless, I support this being changed for pp, so we can get a "+x pp" on this. This should be calculated right after the map was completed, meaning:

a- My pp before starting the map was 1000.

b- My pp after finishing the map, without yet counting my pp bonus for this play (say you got a #1) my pp decreased to 998 because one of my other scores was beaten.

c- Now on this screen my pp shows as 998 (there could even be a display showing your pp decreased by 2 while playing, this would be cool) and below this you would get a "+4.583" thing (meaning you got that much pp for that score), and below this your final pp. This could just be simplified to be something like it is now on score, your updated pp shows, so it would just say 1012.583, and below you'd see the "+4.583" thing.

Proposing the decimal thing since sometimes by getting a nice score you get "0 pp", while I think it's obvious you are getting pp, but just not 1 but maybe 0.8, it would be nice if we could see pp as "1285.28" rather than "1285". This would be nice for high ranked players since they could see progress after plays that now show as no progress at all. And yeah, there are people who are like lol why I got nothing for this. :'(

I personally would like the other one since it's a little more complete than the second option, but I feel that much data would get a little cramped, but then again now we got...

6- Total score. I think this isn't really that important at all. it could even be removed and that room could be used for the pp thing.

7- Next rank. This should just get replaced by how many pp you need for your rank to raise.

Then, on the upper right corner you got stuff like saving your replay, favorites, etc. I personally almost never gave any use to his, I've been playing for two years and all I know is the favorite thing just favorites the difficulty you have just played and not the whole mapset, I'm guessing the export replay thing does the same thing as F2, and "save local replay" I'm not sure. I think this could be reworked, or at least better looking, I just find this useless but maybe that's just me.

Ok, now:

This is barely legible, but here's what we get:

We get the artist - song we just played, the mapper, how many plays it got, what mm/yy it got ranked, and the "pass rate". I doubt anyone looks at this, but again maybe it's just me, anyways mm/yy thing, play count and pass rate are all useless information I doubt many players really care about. This could be reworked.

Does this have any real use? Just change it to like/don't like. most votes are usually either 1 or 10 (1 = I'm raging because, 10 = omg omg I like the song). And I'm not even sure about how many people actually use this. And as you can see most maps get scores like 9+ and unless you map some song people don't really like or a troll map you won't get under 9.

So yeah, that's it.
deadbeat
i agree that the info screen needs some changes. it would be a lot nicer if it was more up to date with the pp system
Lunhui
I like your ideas very much o: can be very useful :3 but I have to say that I always check this screen o: I never care that the informations are useless xd and the 'how many pp for next rank' info is a bit useless because I guess (correct me when I'm wrong) you need often only 1pp for the next rank o:
jemhuntr
I sometimes need to wait for this screen to update if my connection is slow, or else my score won't be submitted. But anyways, I'm supporting most of your ideas here.
Kuro
Hmmm, nice... That screen really could use an update. I'll support most of your ideals :|
peppy
I'm still working on a vision for how things should look here. Real-time pp changes are definitely not where things are heading.

Note that if you lose pp after a play, that isn't from another score getting beaten. These kinds of changes aren't even calculated in real-time due to complexity. It was just a coincidence that you played during the daily pp updates.

Either way, I'll read feedback here but I probably won't have much use for suggestions at this point. Rather than work with other people's visions for stuff like this, I usually do what I feel works best and then accept feedback afterwards.

You won't find me denying that the whole results screen(s) need a rework, but so do a lot of other things. In due time.
TheVileOne
I disagree with almost every point you made. I actually find that screen very useful. I like knowing how many positions i've moved up, how much my real unaltered accuracy is, and do take the time to submit a score rating.

Score statistics are still important. pp is equally as important. There should be a way to view both stats in the same screen, because my score rank is often the only thing that ever changes regularly when I play. I'm sure a lot of people aren't going to appreciate it if the information screen at the end shows a bunch of +0PP, +0 ranks every song they play over and over and over. In this regard score based stats are more important and more interesting.

Only the pros of the game and those who are new will experience frequent pp changes. Everyone in the middle will barely move at all unless they go out of their way to get pp.

Also I would agree that other map related statistics would be a nice addition, but maybe not something exactly on the screen. Perhaps a show more statistics button and that will open a separate window with the extra stats. It would get spammy if you added too many stats on one screen.

Edit: Protip: It actually shows how many pp ranks you go up in multiplayer.
Tshemmp
I do actually care about the stats there. As TVO mentioned this is the only way to find out my "old" accuracy (the not-pp-based-one). I also find it interesting to see how many score ranks I moved up. So please don't remove these. But additionally adding the pp-stats to the other stats would be great ofcourse.
The map info stuff is useless though and can be removed. If anyone is realy that interested in it he can look it up on the beatmap information page on the website.
And (as you said) the rating system should be reworked to a like-dislike-system. I only use 6-9 stars anyway.

Aaand this info screen should also appear after multiplayer matches because of 2 reasons:
1. so you can rate the map (right now you will have to play it again in single player if you want to rate it and if it is a very shitty map...you know).
2. so that the replay is automatically saved like in singleplayer (if you enabled "Save local replay"). I know you can hit F2 to save it manually but sometimes I forget to do it and then I will never be able to watch my awesome replays sadface.png.
bwross
I also like that there's still a way to see the old flat accuracy on this screen. As a casual player, it gives me something to do, to try and raise it by a certain amount that day. The rank score is the same way... try to raise it to the next 100m by improving old scores (and the score on the badge is rounded on the 50m for me so it's absolutely worthless now). This doesn't really work with pp accuracy and pp... those seem to change almost randomly (in fact, recently my increases or decreases always seem to happen when I'm not online, making it impossible because I never see any results until the next day). Add in the fact that since pp accuracy isn't flat and involves hidden weighting, and it's pretty much pointless to try to fix it, because you never know how important something is... fixing old scores is particularly dangerous, because now that a score is fresher it weighs more, so it has the potential to drag your pp accuracy down unless you can get it over the average.
theowest
there's not much point in redesigning or reworking all this stuff you're "requesting" atm. I have no problem with the current screen.
jabberwockey
To be honest, I disagree with about 90% of what you said except with maybe working pp into that info.
No Support.
Kuro

Shoily wrote:

To be honest, I disagree with about 90% of what you said except with maybe working pp into that info.
No Support.
I'd probably want to just see how much pp i earned (or loss) from playing a song get added on that screen

Tbh, i skip that screen as soon as it appears, without a second thought about it :|
Topic Starter
Wishy

Kuro wrote:

Shoily wrote:

No Support.
I'd probably want to just see how much pp i earned (or loss) from playing a song get added on that screen

Tbh, i skip that screen as soon as it appears, without a second thought about it :|
So do I, since most of that data is almost completely useless. But yeah apparently some people care about Total Score and their old acc thing.