forum

Way to fix bug report spam

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
peppy mentioned in a different thread that he was interested in a way to better prioritize his activities on Tech Support. I would think this would be accomplished by adding a bug report subboard to Tech Support. That way bugs can be siphoned off from technical support threads, and so there wont be such a need to get rid of small confirmed bugs that pile up.

From my experience with the Tech Support there are more support issue than bug issues, but having the bug issues take up most of the screen is a bit spammy. I think it wouldn't be as necessary to confirm smaller bugs if they didn't have the chance of being buried underneath the support/help threads that get posted daily.

We would also be able to better manage duplicate topics, and handle resolved issues, especially the non-bug related ones. There's no sense having a sea of duplicate/old resolved issues in the older pages of Tech Support. It makes it really difficult to weed out old issues if we needed to. We should start with a brank new subboard where we can keep still relevant bugs, and people can post new relevent bugs and you can work on the bugs as you wish. The confirmed bugs can be the most important.

Additionally: If you do consider such a board, allow us the option to star/bubble non-important, but confirmed bugs in the game. Confirmed will take priority and show above star/regular reports. Star will show above regular reports. It would probably be a good idea, to have the show toggles for priority bugs, so that they don't take up pages, while newer bugs get buried.

PS -I know you should spend your time on more important things in osu rather than fixing the tiny bugs, but really I am actually quite impressed by all the bug fixes you have done thus far. I think it has made a difference.