forum

Hex mania skin version 0.39

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
I've started work on this skin again! see below - 1/28/13

This skin was originally about squares, however I have decided to change it to hexagons due to limitations

Goal of this skin: a complete skin themed on......Hexagons! maybe other, non-circle shapes too. Basically I'm taking the template skin and making everything circular to hex

What is not allowed:circles, circles are no longer your ally

Not sure if I should use which of these fonts again....
http://www.dafont.com/sinner.font
http://www.fontspace.com/honey-and-death/honeycomb/honeycombout

Here's the most recent screenshots I've had time to make and post

First version of the Hit##s

Second version of the hit###s They look much better in-game, trust me

Here's the complete version of the hex cursor on a solid black background.

Here's the default#s, etc. pngs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 , .
x % 0

And I finally offer the skin for download! See below
http://osuskins.comentarinformal.info/skin?id=48

Download: Hex Mania skin version 0.39.zip
CheeseWarlock
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Well, the hitcircles will only register in a circle anyway. You can't change any of the mechanics, so I don't think you need to worry too much about specific elements looking circular.

And is it just me, or are you making this in MSPaint? 'Cause that's what it looks like so far, and that's just not going to work.
His approach circles are transparent, so that's probably not mspaint.
Randy96
The circular timer in the top-right corner? Can that be changed?
LuigiHann

Randy96 wrote:

The circular timer in the top-right corner? Can that be changed?
nope. It's not a sprite
Randy96
Whats NOT the goal: no circles, circles are no longer your ally
Then this cannot be achieved. :?
Kitsunemimi

chaosanime wrote:

For a font for the #s and such I think I might need some help.
I vote for Tibitto.
Also, I like this skin, despite the fact that it's somewhat impossible. Update soon! ^_^
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Well, the hitcircles will only register in a circle anyway. You can't change any of the mechanics, so I don't think you need to worry too much about specific elements looking circular.

And is it just me, or are you making this in MSPaint? 'Cause that's what it looks like so far, and that's just not going to work.

LuigiHann wrote:

CheeseWarlock wrote:

His approach circles are transparent, so that's probably not mspaint.
I use photoshop CS3 extended. I wouldn't have even started this project if I had to use MSpaint -_-

On a related note, even though I don't use MSpaint, at least one person does for fun

How to paint the MONA LISA with MS PAINT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rust45
Hexagon is much better looking, good luck on this, can't wait for the finished product.
Wojjan
Whats NOT the goal: no circles, circles are no longer your ally
The goal is not to have no circles? Double negative, right there.
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
Been a while eh? I restarted work on this skin! Thoughts on this? The hair would need a small redraw, something I cant do yet. I just shopped it to look acceptable.

EDIT 1: New sliderball! made from a GNU gif
rust45
Sorta nerco-post, I feel bad. But this skin looks like it would be really fun to play with. It looks really clean. I tried using the download link though, and osu! says it's missing the .ini file.
theowest

rust45 wrote:

Sorta nerco-post, I feel bad. But this skin looks like it would be really fun to play with. It looks really clean. I tried using the download link though, and osu! says it's missing the .ini file.
just take the osu! default skin.ini, and make some changes for your liking. This skin is based on the default skin anyway.