forum

F8 while break time automatically pauses the map [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
i'm sorry if this topic is duplicate ._.

Yep, the title says it all.

Haunted by the short break time that caused no time to reply chats?
Or you want to reply on chats after the map finished but the map was too long?
Or no time pressing Escape before pressing F8? Or forget to press Esc before F8?
Or when you were typing the reply and suddenly the break ends and you weren't prepared?

Because of this, it would be very nice if pressing F8/F9 when in a break time automatically pauses the map (just like when we press Esc) and after we finished replying, the game continues. That's all.

Thanks for supporting!
deadbeat

i'm happy enough with the above

also i dunno. if you have time to press F8 then you should have time to press esc first ._.
breaks are generally more for giving your hands a break, not replying to messages :3
Topic Starter
those notification messages on the bottom right. they wants me to reply the chats uguuu

Why not? I know that some players here also know that they should press Esc first but they keep forgetting it, just like the way I do.
blissfulyoshi
I don't support this because I actually don't want the game to pause while I chat to ppl during breaks. If I know how long the break is (2nd playthrough), I can easily time how I spend the time period. Also as stated before, esc is there for you if you want it.
Kuro

deadbeat wrote:

i'm happy enough with the above

also i dunno. if you have time to press F8 then you should have time to press esc first ._.
breaks are generally more for giving your hands a break, not replying to messages :3
lol, pressing esc should be the first thing that comes to mind but apparently f8 comes first *hint, hint - sarcasm
No support...
Saten
ESC is easier accessible
You can always press F8 after that
peppy
If you had chat open before, hitting escape should open chat anyways, right?
theowest

peppy wrote:

not exactly,
you don't even have to press escape. it comes right back up whenever there's a break.
Suzumiya-H

theowest wrote:

peppy wrote:

not exactly,
you don't even have to press escape. it comes right back up whenever there's a break.
Nope, only if you had the chat open when you start a game(as in playing, not down-time breaks that you get from the start). Sir Peppy is right!

Source: I always escape and hit retry!
theowest
The title of this feature request is "F8 while break time automatically pauses the map" So it's about the breaks, not when you're trying to hit the notes.

What you're talking about is pressing escape during gameplay, as if you've failed or is going to retry the map. peppy said "If you had the chat open before", so I thought he meant when it automatically hides after (any) breaks. His statement is true if you hit escape whenever the chat wouldn't recover (during gameplay and not breaks).
In the end, this request is still valid if you're only talking about breaks, not if you're trying to chat during actual gameplay.

I experimented with a bunch of beatmaps for over 30 minute just to be certain about this. Try it and see for yourself.

but hey, who doesn't have time to press escape during a break?

Saten wrote:

ESC is easier accessible
You can always press F8 after that
tarticulate
Yeah, it's not exactly hard to press esc during breaks. I do it all the time.
deadbeat
ok, i think theres enough to deny this, if someone wishes to object, please state why