forum

AR11 as a map default setting [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aqo
Please allow mappers to choose AR11 as the default AR for a map. That is all.

Sakura
Duplicate: p/1371384
Topic Starter
Aqo
Can you please keep this thread instead of referring to Renard's old thread? Because it seems like the discussion there (in the old thread) led to this conclusion:

"nobody will make maps for ranking with AR11, so no point"

Which feels really wrong as a reason. A lot of people enjoy playing *maps that are fun for them*, not just *ranked maps*. Even if AR11 wouldn't be used for ranking, what's the problem with adding it as an option for mappers who make maps that are not necessarily for ranking?

It's an extra option that only adds for some (players/mappers) and doesn't take away anything from others. It's also super easy to implement, you'd have to do like what, a tiny GUI update and maybe adding a single variable or enum.

Also, in the previous thread people said stuff like "only 10-20 people can even read it..." which is far from true. AR10 is trivial for a lot of players today, and way more than 10-20 people can handle AR11. Pretty much all of the DT players, and there's many.

Is there really a single argument against implementing this? It's easy to implement so it doesn't really add any load of work to the dev team, I'm sure a single dev could make this update in like 15 minutes while drinking coffee; it doesn't take away anything from the existing game features, and it adds a new feature that many players would enjoy - maybe not most of the playerbase, but definitely enough players for this to matter.

The thing that bothered me the most is that ~somebody~ *ehem* in the old thread said adding a feature just for fun is pointless. WHAT? Don't people usually play games... for fun? How is this pointless.
Archangel Tirael
Just open .osu file in notepad and edit AR manualy.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Archangel Tirael wrote:

Just open .osu file in notepad and edit AR manualy.
Doesn't work. I tried it. It's capped at 10. Changing the value to 11, 12, or any number I tried that was above 10 gave the same output as 10 ingame.