forum

Steam Summer Sale 2012

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45
Picked up Recettear for 5 bucks. I'm not really interested in the other two.
awp
Chantelese sounded annoying based on the trailer. Recettear is apparently interesting but not quite interesting enough to warrant a purchase atm

basically something has to be better than Psychonauts for me to buy it since I haven't played that yet

or mass effect
Topic Starter
Mashley
£9.11 left in my wallet now after buying Dragon Age Origins this morning. Just a few more games I'm still waiting for, even though I don't have enough to afford them all.
Katze
i bough plants vs. zombies! aww yeah
Cloudy
Didn't even notice the DA Origins flash sale this afternoon. Thankfully I made it with an hour and a bit left haha

I was looking for DA II's price but then I realised it wasn't even on for sale on Steam. ><
Rantai
Got the Total War Collection and thinking about the Stardock pack.

And here I planned to spend $0 >_>
Remco32
DA:O is a great game, enjoy. Be sure to check out the available mods first. Things like breakable locks (with a chance to lose the containing loot) and auto-looting are must-haves.

I got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit yesterday, which is great. Any others that got it? Add me : Remco320

I also finished Dear Esther the day before yesterday, which was beautiful in multiple ways.
Naikaze
Bought L4D2 only..
Remco32
Plants vs Zombies is a must-have.
New Vegas is also really worth it if you haven't pirated played it yet.
Topic Starter
Mashley
6/8 repeats
Ahahaha, oh boy.
dkun
ahhhh just bitched out and bought arma II like a faggot

I hope to god it doesn't go on sale for more than it is now
awp

Mashley wrote:

6/8 repeats
Ahahaha, oh boy.
as long as Killing Floor shows up again. Got a friend of mine who needs to grab it
rust45
How good is killing floor? And do you need friends to get the best experience? Because if it shows up again I might buy it.
awp
Killing Floor is like L4D2 but goofier, faster paced, and more about stupid fun. imo it's more fun

and I'd say yeah it's more fun multiplayer but still holds its own solo

didn't realize Plants vs Zombies was a gaming staple. I'm not a huge Tower Defense fan but I do like 'em, maybe I'll grab it???
Azure_Kite
You mean, L4D2 is like killing floor. KF was around earlier :p
awp

Azure_Kite wrote:

You mean, L4D2 is like killing floor. KF was around earlier :p
did not know that. Still, I find KF a bit more fun.
Topic Starter
Mashley
Yeah KF is the better game by far, though I disagree with how you described it, Killing Floor is much slower paced than Left 4 Dead.
Remco32
I never got the KF hype. It's boring as shit, especially compared L4D(2).
Imagine UT2004, change the weapons with ones that shoot actual bullets. Make everything slow and sluggish. Add scary monsters. Bam, you have KF.
Topic Starter
Mashley
I guess you're not dosh enough.
Anyway my wallet's all empty now, so it's time to post what I got from my £60. Some of these are from trading or a bit before the sale since it came so late, but whatever.
Deus Ex GotY, Payday the Heist, Duke Nukem Forever, Borderlands GotY, Dark Messiah, Back to the Future, Tomb Raider Underworld, Alan Wake + American Nightmare, Star Wars KotOR, Prince of Persia, Fallout New Vegas + Old World Blues, all 3 FEAR games, GTA Complete Pack, Dragon Age Origins, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
Not bad, I think. Got most of the games I wanted. :D
tyrael6192
Flash sale on pro cycling manager...

steam pls
Remco32
Got Operation Arrowhead. DayZ here I finally come!
Musty
DayZ looks awsum
tyrael6192
Also bought the dungeon defenders pack... such a fun game :3
Nharox
KF better than L4D2? Holy shit guys.

Btw. I already survived 4 Steam sales, I almost have everything I want.
Gaba

tyrael6192 wrote:

Also bought the dungeon defenders pack... such a fun game :3
Yeah me too :3
Mercurial
I bought an only game (PAYDAY: The Heist) and I'm happy with it.
Drakari_old
Recettear is 50% off and I heard good things, but it had a demo so I figured I'd try it first anyway.

Turns out, I'm absolutely terrible at that game.
rust45
It was 75% off earlier, you missed your chance to get it cheaper. But keep in mind that you failed in the demo, now that you know the game better, if you actually get it, you'll probably do better. That's what happened to me.
Rantai
Wow Saints Row The Third with all dlc at 91% off. Done!
tyrael6192
Oh dear :( Bought the soundtrack edition of bastion for full price a few days ago, and now it's 75% off...
Azure_Kite

Remco32 wrote:

Imagine UT2004, change the weapons with ones that shoot actual bullets. Make everything slow and sluggish. Add scary monsters. Bam, you have KF.

I hope you see the irony in this, considering it was initially a UT2004 mod (still have it, awww yeahhh)
Lybydose
those you who didn't buy Recettear are doing it wrong
Remco32

Azure_Kite wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

I hope you see the irony in this, considering it was initially a UT2004 mod (still have it, awww yeahhh)
That was my point, yes.

Rantai wrote:

Wow, did I miss that?
I'm kinda tempted to buy that game, and it doesn't help it is on sale every two minutes.
dkun

Remco32 wrote:

Rantai wrote:

Wow, did I miss that?
I'm kinda tempted to buy that game, and it doesn't help it is on sale every two minutes.
buy it for me too and i'll co-op with you forever!
hahah
D33d

Remco32 wrote:

The point is the simplicity, while adding a little bit of realism. That's why it's so cheap.

I haven't even bothered with the sale, because I know that I'd just buy a load of games that I won't play for a while. I have enough unfinished/unplayed games from my laptop sucking too much to play them.
adam2046
Total haul from the sale:
Analogue: A Hate Story
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark
Double Fine Bundle
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Novalogic Classics Volume One: Machines of War
Satazius
Space Pirates and Zombies
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
Ys: Origin
Zeno Clash

I think that was about 50-60 bucks all up. I held back on buying every deal I even slightly wanted surprisingly well.
0_o
Binding of Isaac DLC
The Longest Journey

Spent $3.25.

Feels good, man.
Galkan

Spent: 2,73€

Anyone's up for throwing me the Harry Enfield DLC? ;-P
Lybydose
bought:

Assassin's Creed II
AC: Brotherhood
Bioshock 2
Deus Ex: HR
Hitman Blood Money
Recettear
Thief Pack
Trine 1 & 2

Everything bought with money from Diablo III
yeahyeahyeahhh
bought:
Trine 1 & 2
Alan Wake
Dota 2 stuff
Ivalset
Jesus christ why have so many people not played recettear already what the fuck is wrong with all of you
awp
it doesn't look that interesting to me

ps bring it
Ivalset
you run around with some bitch that has two knives and you summon 5 clones of yourself in a spread array and slice everything to fucking bits

recettear in a nutshell

then you listen to a bunch of people tell you they used a different character and all you can think is "wow that character sucks dick" then you watch a video and you're like "oh. but charme still fuckin' owns."

and she does still own
Remco32
I started putting it in a spreadsheet so I could keep track of how much I'd spent already and how much money I loaned to people.
Drakari_old

Ivalset wrote:

you run around with some bitch that has two knives and you summon 5 clones of yourself in a spread array and slice everything to fucking bits

recettear in a nutshell

then you listen to a bunch of people tell you they used a different character and all you can think is "wow that character sucks dick" then you watch a video and you're like "oh. but charme still fuckin' owns."

and she does still own
It probably has something to do with the title being "An Item Shop's Tale"? I did end up buying it, but the first time I read a description I thought it was going to be a grindy "Buy low, sell high, repeat until you lose interest" rather than a simple dungeon delving RPG with interesting characters and some extra layers of strategy in order to succeed in the main story. It feels like less of a grind than it really is because there are lots of interesting events and the goal isn't the same old "Kill things to get items, get items to kill different things."
Mara

awp wrote:

it doesn't look that interesting to me

ps bring it
tyrael6192
that just seriously made my day hahahahaha

might have to buy it now
awp
I saw that ages ago

I still remain unconvinced, partially because I have literally hundreds of games I've bought and haven't finished including some very good ones
Ivalset
Maybe you should play those first and finish them so that you can play recettear in 2037
awp
At the clip I'm going I'm about 2 or 3 days away from completing Resonance of Fate, and Catherine isn't 80 hours long so Psychonauts and Mass Effect 1 & 2 have a chance this year???
Ivalset
Nope