forum

Make 'Connection Failed' disappear after time [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
GladiOol

It's highly annoying to have this at the bottem of your screen all the time when you are playing a map. (especially since it's a moving animation)
I think it's better if it just pops up when you pause your beatmap or if you simply aren't playing one yet.
kriers
totemo agree. +1
-Athena-
Since I tend to experience this a whole lot (shit Internet, it gets so bad that I can click on join match, which darkens everything but doesn't do anything else, quit multi and play a map for about a minute before getting a join match failed message)
This would be good
Mercurial
Support without stars.
Kurokami
Support. I unable to add star. ._.
Anzo
Support (even though no stars, because I don't have one)

If you use the long bar (bottom) progress bar instead of the usual pie graph, the "Connection Failed" message overlaps that bar...
Aqo
Totally agree, please do this. This thing has been bugging me every time from the day I started playing osu. It should be at least an option in the settings to choose if this shows up or not.
peppy
If this is an issue, please logout.
Papi Bear
Support...

I most often play offline and this sometimes bug me..
peppy
How do you "play offline" without logging out? This makes no sense.
ampzz
This is mainly an issue when Bancho itself is experiencing errors, peppy.
Azure_Kite
I guess this would be an "issue" if people were also experiencing temporary issues with their internet connection, and they don't want to log out because of the miniscule hassle involved in relogging in.
-Athena-
I made a mistake there, for me osu! Is seldom on connection failed.
It's always stuck on "Receiving Data" lol, but I'm not gonna explain or complain, this is something I can live with.
peppy

ampzz wrote:

This is mainly an issue when Bancho itself is experiencing errors, peppy.
Rukario
This problem also occurs when you are always logged on, on this machine, but have no network connection the next time you start. So you are technically logged in locally but it'll try to reconnect all the time, and so the animation keeps popping up.
Kurokami
The problem is not with the server, its with the internet connection. Sometimes I have the same problem. ._.
peppy
As a compromise, I'll hide it during gameplay.
-Athena-
Yay I hope you do it with "Receiving Data" as well :D
Kurokami

peppy wrote:

As a compromise, I'll hide it during gameplay.
Enough for me. ^^
Mercurial
Victory! /o/
peppy
I have changed the behaviour of this during play time.
Kurokami
Arigatou ppy. :3