forum

Xi-Style G2 1.1 — (Taiko & osu!mania Supported)

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45

Xiao wrote:

I've received far more positive reception about this change than I have negative responses.
Yeah I can see that, I'm just in a small minority that likes them big for some reason. I may just take the old hitbursts and use them if they look good enough with the skin.

Xiao wrote:

http://puu.sh/4Ebg
That is actually a lot better, thank you.

Xiao wrote:

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure, I would just say make it white like most reverse arrows are. But it's your skin not mine.

Yeah, I like the skin and all, and I think I may actually import the stuff I don't like in this skin from the old one and see if it looks good.
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Enlarged score stars: http://puu.sh/4GeQ

I haven't tested them myself because I can't read them. It's not super crisp, but it shouldn't be too bothersome in-game.
I changed the reverse arrow to white, as well as black. Give either a try and see if it's any better.

Hope it helps.

D33d wrote:

I really think that you should make the default osu! skin more stylish. Make Xiao the official skinner and pack his skins. :P

That's not to brown-nose by any means. I'm sure that Xiao has the chops for such a thing.
Haha, I don't know about that. osu! default has captured the heart of most people; I don't think I can top it by any means.
rust45
Oh wow, I can't believe how awesome you are. This skin is now my default over the first one.
Mimika_old
I have all of your skins Xiao I love them all~
Highslider
cool skin!
Musty
Nice

Ranked~!

there's a joke \:D/
Nilsso
Good job.
07 Ghost
Instead of SS or SSH, why not make it an X or XH like you did for me?
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

07 Ghost wrote:

Put the X for the option instead of XH. Unless you want me to put it up for you.
What?
My1_old
,ax I use this awesome one for mixing???
[Au]-[Revoir]
Awesomeness
rust45
I just now noticed that the slider ball does not reverse direction when it hits a reverse arrow. I don't think this in intentional.
My1_old

Xiao wrote:

Angst angst angst.
are you from, germany, or why are you using the german word for fear 3 times in a row???
Firo Prochainezo

My1 wrote:

Xiao wrote:

Angst angst angst.
are you from, germany, or why are you using the german word for fear 3 times in a row???
Angst is also an English word, which means dreadful feeling.
My1_old
oh, I am 1337 in english but I never heard that...
Firo Prochainezo
Really? I am pretty sure it's a really common word in the English vocabulary, but oh well.
My1_old
maybe for US people, but I hadnt this In my 9 and 1/2 years of scool
Ijah_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Really? I am pretty sure it's a really common word in the English vocabulary, but oh well.
Yeah, I hear it pretty often, never looked up what it actually meant though xD
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Taiko players need some love, too.

NEW! Taiko Add-on: http://puu.sh/cDfd

I'm starting to get interested in Taiko. Catch the Beat can still blow my ass, though.
Gon
nice bump feget (downloaded, woop woop for less kiai flash)
Sander-Don
Taiko...Xi style.. love ♥

Xiao wrote:

I'm starting to get interested in Taiko. Catch the Beat can still blow my ass, though.
I love you for this.

Is their anyway to make the numbers go below the blue lines?

I'm not sure how that works with skining, but if you could do that it would look a lot better in my opinion.

Also, a Don to match the skin. Like a metal looking Don with blue lights around the rims or something. xD
Wineandbread
Wow hate on CtB more pls ):

Nice taiko skin !!
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

Sander-Don wrote:

I'm not sure how that works with skining, but if you could do that it would look a lot better in my opinion.

Also, a Don to match the skin. Like a metal looking Don with blue lights around the rims or something. xD
I would have shifted them if I could, but I don't believe I can. It's stuck that way.

I might get around to making a Don. I'll leave that for another day though.
Verdisphena
Xiao I love you, this is awesome!
Copter-kun

Verdisphena wrote:

Xiao I love you, this is awesome!
Exactly what I was about to say. Taiko addon looks just awesome.
Keep up the good work!
roleykatsu
The taiko add-on is just...*sigh* I can't even describe in words how awesome this is

Thank you so much for making this; it adds a refreshing new way to play osu!Taiko :D

Sander-Don wrote:

As aforementioned by Xiao, it can't, unfortunately. I tried shifting the score numbers myself, and I get this happening.

The score-numbers do shift down accordingly, but they still end up centered on the drum-area. Don't know why >:

No matter, this is a minor issue that really doesn't change my opinion on how great this add-on is, thanks again!

Edit: @sander (post below this one): lol nah I just reset the score numbers back to original state and everything was okay :3
(lol too lazy to make a new post)
Sander-Don
OH GOD, ROLETH. YOU BROKE IT AAAAA
crystalsuicune
DAT TAIKO SKIN
IT'S SO....SO....IIDX-Y <3

Though I briefly went WTF with the keys (current headcanon:white keys=Don black keys=Katsu)
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

Sander-Don wrote:

Robo-don!

(yo i know it's shit but i took 45 minutes cuz i'm a lazy fuck ok)
Hika

Xiao wrote:

well shit
1. I see my name down on the ticker
2. I came of sexiness
crystalsuicune
>No headphones

:<
Sander-Don

Xiao wrote:

Robo-don!

ohhhhmyyygodddd
Coro
What it needs is Mekadon. :3
Sander-Don

CoroQuetz wrote:

What it needs is Mekadon. :3
That's a good idea xD
ziin

Roley wrote:

Sander-Don wrote:

As aforementioned by Xiao, it can't, unfortunately. I tried shifting the score numbers myself, and I get this happening.
you can only shift them up. From the looks of it the score numbers (and thus combo numbers) are bottom centre oriented. You could put them over robo-don, but it will wreak havoc on the right side of the map with your accuracy and such. Will be tough to find a happy medium where the score and accuracy don't interfere with the bar.
Cristian
OH MY GOODNESS... I LOVE THE SKIN.
CookieMon
i think im in love :)
recoveryyy
good job , I like this skin ^^
Topic Starter
Xiao_old
Xi-Style G2 v1.1 [11/04/12]
- Added mod icons for Perfect, Nightcore and osu!mania 4k through 8k.
- Added a small tab on top of all mod icons to read when multiple mod icons are stacked.
- Taiko is now bundled in the skin download.
- osu!mania has been skinned and is also bundled in the download. (Also available for download separately).
- Special game mode pictures have been skinned.

Download it here (v1.1): http://puu.sh/1mydV (.OSK)

osu!mania Add-on Only: http://puu.sh/1myiM

Gundam-Dude
outta nowhere

mfw skinning instead of doing work
show more