forum

osu!wiki launch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
In an attempt to have more reference material and also make editing it easier for everyone, we are working towards creating an osu! wiki. This is the second attempt at doing so, and will hopefully be more successful than the last one :). The end goal is that it replaces the existing FAQ section, and allows it to become a much more exhaustive resource.

Editing is open to all users registered on the forums, and you can login using the same login you use for osu!. Feel free to chip in in any way you can, by providing new content or helping move the existing FAQ content over. You can also use the mediawiki discussion pages to figure out formatting/organisational issues, and bring up any concerns you may have in this thread.

More information on editing protocol can also be found here: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title=WikiFAQ:Editing (also includes information on how to localise to different languages)

osu!wiki
Mara
I have been doing some stuff in there already, mostly translating and adding screenshots.
RMello
oh, a nice addition to further develop the osu! media =]]
aston_old
Please try to keep stuff unbiased and comprehensive. And don't make assumptions on game mechanics without proof.
Miya
I hope osu! wiki can be a good resource for all people of osu! in the future :D

Edit : Oh yes, peppy, don't forget to add it into Help link, if Osu! wiki has been well established. :3
Topic Starter
peppy
Added a link.
Ekaru

peppy wrote:

This is the second attempt at doing so, and will hopefully be more successful than the last one :).
Considering the rate at which things are progressing, I would not worry about that at all. ^_^ I'm quite impressed, actually.
Topic Starter
peppy
It is progressing quite fast :). I'd say we should try and move as much content from the forums as possible, for example:
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/formatpost&id=21575
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3815
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37194

Edit: maybe it'd be good to make a wiki page of stuff waiting to be converted :P.
dkun
working on porting a few guides myself
already did yours, ekaru. :o
SkyDevil
Thank you for making this, It makes editing already alot of easier :3
Breeze
I think I can start a Chinese one when I'm free :D
And I should learn how to use it first /o/
lepidopodus
I once was a quite capable editor in Korean Wikipedia so I'm familiar with wiki grammer, but unfortunatly, I'm not that good at writing something in English as I'm not a native or something. orz orz orz
raxar
Already made Indonesian's Main Page and ID:Beatmapping..Hope there would be another Indonesian help in translating it :)
btw, seeing that the author got a url in their signature, in a way this wiki could be used as a user page eh(it will be forbidden I guess)? xD]
one more thing, why don't we insert the definition of glossary into pages like this?
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title=Beatmap
rather than making a new definition, I think it's better if we use the one from the glossary. Except if the glossary and wiki page must not be the same.
Lilac

lepidopodus wrote:

I once was a quite capable editor in Korean Wikipedia so I'm familiar with wiki grammer, but unfortunatly, I'm not that good at writing something in English as I'm not a native or something. orz orz orz
Please write in Korean then, it's fine and preferably some of the templates and categories might have to be written in Korean or in any other language preferably.
Haseo_old
This is great. Time for me to start editing~
akrolsmir
I just ported over the glossary. My idea was basically to create redirects to that page rather than a new page for each term. If someone wants to format it better, be my guest.

Also, how about using the current events page as a TODO list? It's easily accessible for everyone and there isn't a much better use for it atm.
Haseo_old
Making a signature so this wiki will get exposed more.

I'm sorry for using Lilyko's fanart. It looks so sexy and thought of it as a nice touch to the sig.
Quaraezha
lol dkun works on Tagalog osu!wiki

I hope this osu!wiki goes swell
akrolsmir
Oh, it'd be cool if we could link pages that are translations of each other together, like you can do in wikipedia.

Zekira
Hrrrgh, I really wanna contribute... it's just that I don't know what I can actually add :< Obviously Taiko related since that's my field of expertise but IDK...
Elly-chan
I wish the best for this wiki!

/ has already been adding stuff to it /
P o K e
I'm not good at writing stuff, so I'll just try and find grammar mistakes to fix.
bomber34
I could helping for some german translation but i never worked on a wiki before
I think about that.
Sakura
One thing i've been noticing is the lack of links on the different pages of the wiki, it's not that hard to do, just [[text]] and it will link to a page called "text" additionally you can use [[name|text]] and it will add a link on "text" to a page called "name".

Now why are links useful? because they are there to help people go and do a quick check on what a word/term means for instance if someone is reading about mapping, and it says "jumps" or "etna sliders" a new user will go wtf, linking to the def. of the term will help the user understand what the words/terms mean.
NoHitter

Quaraezha wrote:

lol dkun works on Tagalog osu!wiki

I hope this osu!wiki goes swell
I already edited some not-so-good word choices for the Tagalog pages >.>
show more