forum

Can't import beatmaps-possible UAC problem?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mink_Car
Today, poking around in the options and noticing the "Force folder permissions" option, I decided to click it. Now, I can't import maps.

If I download a map and drag it into osu!, it just goes to the song selection screen, but doesn't add the new map to the list.

I reset osu!, and it gave me a message saying that the beatmap database appeared to be corrupt, so it had to rebuild it from scratch. Still, it didn't work.

I checked the osu! folder, and found that there were some read-only files in there, so I undid that... and nothing.

I'm running 64 bit Vista on an administrator account.

Anything else you need to know?

Reinstalled, everything's hunky-dory. LESSON LEARNED: DON'T CLICK FORCE FOLDER PERMISSIONS!
Lj Hammett
i have exactly the same damn problem, pleaaaseee anyone, just a little help

Download: DWB feat. NIRGIRLS - SHINY SHINY (Fuuko) [Normal].osu
peppy
goto program files. right-click your osu! folder. choose properties. goto the security tab. select "Users" from the list and take a screenshot. upload that screenshot in this topic please.
Topic Starter
Mink_Car
It's working now, but here you go anyway.

peppy
Could you possibly share how you got it working?
Topic Starter
Mink_Car

Mink_Car wrote:

Reinstalled, everything's hunky-dory. LESSON LEARNED: DON'T CLICK FORCE FOLDER PERMISSIONS!
Yeah. Just reinstalled it. It wasn't a big deal, do you want me to see if I can recreate the problem and do another screencap of the user permissions?