forum

Score submission screen: Retry button

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mm201
It's a fact of life that the internet is unreliable, so sometimes, score submissions can fail randomly.

To help with this, it would be good if there was a Retry button on the score submission screen which is shown if the score upload fails. The user would be able to retry the score upload as many times as he likes until it works.
peppy
This is already handled internally - resubmission is tried two times after failure. I may increase this number, but I don't wish to give the user control over submission.
Topic Starter
mm201
I can see a feature like "synchronize my local scoreboard" being abused by cheaters, but I can't see the same level of abuse happening with something so limited as a button on the score screen which is gone forever once you've dismissed it.
peppy
It's nothing to do with cheaters - just the way I want to handle things really.
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cyclone
Yeah, just lengthen the amount of times i think. I lost a score once, and apparently my internet was down for the exact length of time it tried to submit a score.
anonymous_old
I think the game should queue the whole thing somewhere so submissions are made even when you're riding the train and playing Osu!. That is, if you are offline, your scores are saved until you get internet access, in which case the scores are uploaded. This may be abused, yes, if someone figures out how the submissions are stored locally. (The current implementation probably keeps it in RAM.)
Echo
That is exactly why it is only stored in RAM and never saved to disk.