forum

Mafia Game [Town Win]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Two_old
icantthinkofaname Mafia Game

Hi, this is my first time hosting a mafia game. Roles will function fairly traditionally, with slightly more emphasis on playing well. In the setup, I hope to have successfully incorporated all of the things that I've learned from playing games from Ace of Hearts, LadySuburu, etc. I'm also hoping we can get 15 players total, but will rearrange things if we don't. I am going to mostly copy the rules of LadySuburu since I'm lazy and I don't want to miss something either.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you are new to something like this, mafia is a psychological game where the uninformed majority is pitted against the informed minority (thx wiki). The majority, town, does not know who is a part of their team. The minority, mafia, knows exactly who they are teamed with. Every day both factions must, together, vote a player out of the game through lynching. At night, the mafia will kill a member of the town. This continues until one faction remains.

Link to Day 1: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=62154&p=1029470#p1029470
Link to Day 2: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=62154&p=1036090#p1036090
Link to Day 3: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=62154&p=1038169#p1038169
Link to Day 4: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=62154&p=1039198#p1039198
Link to Day 5: mia
Link to Day 6: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=62154&p=1045691#p1045691
Link to Day 7: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=62154&p=1048801#p1048801

Living Players:

1. 0_o
2. Chris
3. pieguy1372

Dead Players:
1. Mashley - Pure Soul (town)
2. akrolsmir - Paranoid Cat Lady (town lie detector)
3. NoHItter - Mafia Graverobber
4. Rolled - Townsperson
5. Wojjan - Mafia Leader
6. Swiftwolf Yellowtail - Fanatic Worshipper (Cop/Psychic)
7. DeathxShinigami - Townsperson (modkilled)
8. Rantai - Know-it-all (Seer)
9. Lybydose - Townsperson
10. animask - Innocuous Townsperson
11. foulcoon
12. LadySuburu
13. pieguy1372 - Mafia Detective

Rules

1. No talking out of thread unless allowed by your role PM. This includes PMs, irc, and messengers.

2. Don't quote anything in your role PM or show anyone your role PM.

3. Votes must be cast and uncast in bold font to be counted. vote: Two, unvote: Two

4. Days last exactly 72 real-world hours from when I announce the start of the day. Any votes or actions performed after that point, whether I have started the night phase or not, will not be counted. Nights last 24 real-world hours.

5. The day will end prematurely if any player has a majority of votes on them. Reaching vote majority will also make all actions after that point ineffective, as the day is over.

6. Night actions resolve in this fashion: roleblock > nightkill > everything else. If you are killed, you will not perform your action (unless it was a roleblock).

7. A tied vote will go to the player who reached the tie first. Example:
SPOILER
Lilac: vote Two
0_o: vote LadySuburu

:arrow: Two dies

0_o: vote LadySuburu
LadySuburu: vote Two
Chris: vote LadySuburu
Lilac: unvote Two

:arrow: LadySuburu dies

8. If the mafia fails to choose a night kill target, I will choose the least advantageous target possible for them. If for some reason you don't want to night kill anyone that night, state that in a PM.

9. Do not post in the thread during the night phase or while dead.

10. don't try to exploit things pls

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you violate the rules I am probably going to kill you :(. If a player dies because of this, the day will end without a lynch.

Please read every post in the thread, it's very important for the health of the game. I will try to be as prompt as possible with phase shifting and vote counts. Roles will be chosen with a random number generator, in a random order.

Anyone want to join? :D
Rolled
Closed setup?

join

gl hosting ^___^
Topic Starter
Two_old
yeah it's closed
Rantai
Sure, I'll play.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Two wrote:

7. A tied vote will go to the player who reached the tie first. Example: vote:Two, vote:LadySuburu, vote:Two, vote:LadySuburu, vote:Two, unvote:Two would result in LadySuburu being lynched.
Your example seems to be a bit misleading to me. In this example, Two was the first to get lynched, not LadySuburu. Unless you meant to say that person 1 was the one to unvote, making LadySuburu the first to start the tie.
Topic Starter
Two_old
2(two) 2 (ls)
3(two) 2 (ls)
2(ls) 2 (two)

it's not set in stone though so if people don't want it to be that way before the game starts I don't care
Topic Starter
Two_old
and I just changed it
LadySuburu
I don't allow roleblocks to stop the mafia team's kill. If you choose to allow it to do so that's up to you though.

I might /in, put me in for now I guess.

Edit:

8. If the mafia fails to choose a night kill target, I will choose the least advantageous target possible for them.

Also up to choice, but generally mafia's difference from WW other than lynches at majority is that mafia can choose not to kill.
Wojjan
Sure why not
0_o
HOLY CRAP A TWO GAME

YES

that means I'm in
Topic Starter
Two_old

LadySuburu wrote:

I don't allow roleblocks to stop the mafia team's kill. If you choose to allow it to do so that's up to you though.
I didn't mean it that way but I can see why it's confusing. I just meant that if someone who can roleblock gets night killed, their action will still go through.
Also up to choice, but generally mafia's difference from WW other than lynches at majority is that mafia can choose not to kill.
I meant that as a punishment for inactivity, so I don't have a problem adding that
LadySuburu

Two wrote:

I didn't mean it that way but I can see why it's confusing. I just meant that if someone who can roleblock gets night killed, their action will still go through.
Normally all night actions go through even if killed. Roleblock is all that stops them. (Though, I usually choose not to give cop results or anything if someone dies.) Actions like a doctor protection (in the event of multiple killers) still go through if the doc is killed.

Edit: Just making sure I know what the rules are. As of now a kill basically acts as a roleblock.
Chris_old
I wish someone would host a WWG, jeez.

in
Topic Starter
Two_old

LadySuburu wrote:

Edit: Just making sure I know what the rules are. As of now a kill basically acts as a roleblock.
that's the intention yeah
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Two wrote:

2(two) 2 (ls)
3(two) 2 (ls)
2(ls) 2 (two)

it's not set in stone though so if people don't want it to be that way before the game starts I don't care
That still doesn't make sense. Two was the first to get lynched, not LS.
Topic Starter
Two_old
I'm going to do it the opposite way at your request

two
two
ls
ls
two
unvote two
=two lynched
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Better, but it still doesn't make any general sense. Who voted then later unvoted? (I'm specifically talking about the previous posts that you made)
0_o

Swiftwolf Yellowtail wrote:

Better, but it still doesn't make any general sense. Who voted then later unvoted? (I'm specifically talking about the previous posts that you made)
I think what Two means is that the person who had the highest number of votes directly prior to the tie is lynched.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
No. Look at his second example. Only one person each has been voted.
NoHitter
Man I think I overcomplicated stating my rules, so no one copies them.

/in
show more