Another month rolls by, another contest to test your mettle on. Ever tried catching fruits for fun? How about arranging them for once?
The MBC series continues with (actual) monthly installments as promised! While the Aspire voting is prepared, why not whet your teeth on something new - namely osu!catch mapping?
Here's a taste of the song for this contest - HYPER★DRIVE from our wickedly talented Featured Artist, nanobii:
(Please note that the above track is a sample of the full song - the actual track is 3:19 in length!)
- 3 months of osu!supporter (for yourself, a friend, or many friends, it's up to you!)
- The winning map will be featured by the osu! media team, including a video preview and potentially much more.
- The winning map will also be fast-tracked for ranking.
All contestants who enter a valid map will receive a number of points towards the Elite Mapper rankings based on their map's end position in the contest scoring. We'll explain more of this system in the upcoming development meeting.
All submissions must be for the osu!catch gamemode only.
All submitted difficulties must adhere to the Ranking Criteria as closely as possible.
You must map at least three (3) difficulties in an appropriate spread as per the Ranking Criteria. ENH (easy, normal, hard) or NHI (normal, hard, insane) are acceptable. You may add an Expert or Extra difficulty if you wish when making a NHI spread for a total of NHIE.
- No more than four (4) difficulties can be submitted under any circumstances, and ONLY if your spread is NHIE, otherwise you may only submit three.
- Collaboration is allowed, but the contest entrant will receive the title and feature prizes.
- Maps and entries submitted must not be uploaded to the BSS until the contest has concluded.
- Difficulty names must only be the name of the respective difficulty. Things like 'Deif's Bad Apples' or 'Zak's Melons' are not allowed.
All entries will be judged by a panel of experienced osu!catch players from the Beatmap Nominators and Quality Assurance Team. They will be assessed as a complete set, not as individual difficulties.
Depending on the number of entries, we may open the contest for public voting as well.
Download the contest osz file and read the rules in more depth over at the Contest listing page!
The contest will run for 24 days from the date of this post. Consult the countdown on the contest listing page if you're unsure.