This page will roughly tell you how to get osu! working on your macOS device.
- A decent computer running macOS.
The macOS version of osu! is experimental. The game may not function properly or even boot at all. This tutorial video will help you understand the process below.
- Go to the unofficial download page, download
osu!.app.zip and unzip it.
- You will see the
osu!.app folder, which will look like an application. Right click it, and select
- Double left clicking on the file may not open it, since macOS may recognize the app as developed by an unidentified developer. Right clicking and selecting
Open will solve this problem.
- The installer will automatically run. The installation location cannot be changed and will be installed directly to
osu!.app will move all of the files that come with it. You can also right click it and select
Show Package Contents to view the files within the folder.
- When the installer is completed, osu! will start up right after. osu!direct will be used to download some starter beatmaps for you.
- osu! will prompt you to sign in or register.
- If you have an account already, sign in.
- If you need to register, see Registration, then sign in.