forum

Orange Heart(cv:Honda Mariko) Neptune(cv:Tanaka Rie) - Mouso

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
udon337
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 6:03:04 PM

Artist: Orange Heart(cv:Honda Mariko) Neptune(cv:Tanaka Rie)
Title: Mousou Katharsis
Source: 新次元ゲイム ネプテューヌVⅡ
Tags: Game 2 VII Neptunia Victory Hyperdimension Heartdimension Heart
BPM: 82
Filesize: 1728kb
Play Time: 00:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2 stars, 73 notes)
  2. Insane (3.06 stars, 88 notes)
  3. Normal (1.25 stars, 43 notes)
Download: Orange Heart(cv:Honda Mariko) Neptune(cv:Tanaka Rie) - Mousou Katharsis
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
<3
First Ranked (If Ranked)
Topic Starter
udon337
Btw this isn't a dead map.

Open for mods
Kimi
Insane

First of all, the map's spacing is flawed
Like for example here
00:08:756 (4,5) - Spacing is huge between the notes, even tho there is no real loud sound to support this kind of spacing and to make matters worse 00:10:220 (2,1) - This is a similar sound to the ^ above mentioned one, and the spacing here is so different even tho the sound is very similar. Why?

Spacing is supposed to emphasis the rhythm of the song and the loudness of sounds. 2 similar sounds cannot be spaced completely differently

00:18:268 (1,2,3) - And here. How is a half beat gap spaced the same distance as a 1/4th beat? Again like i said, "Spacing is supposed to emphasis the rhythm of the song". You can't do this kind of spacing since it completely goes against the rhythm.

Pay attention to your spacing in the future. Read and watch some tutorials one it. Its something you can quite easily improve on :) Just make sure your spacing has reason and that it always complements to music. <3
Taoshi
What i noticed
[Normal]
00:46:073 (1,1) - the spinner and circle are very close together (timing wise) - Newer players might not have time to get ready for the spinner.
[Hard]
00:01:805 (2,3) - consider using the blanket technique here.
[Insane]
00:46:073 (1,1) - same with the spinner but these players have time.

This is my 3rd ever mod. So if anything is wrong you know why.
Topic Starter
udon337
Writing his from my phone, but thanks I'll get to those fixes as soon as I can :D

Edit: Fixes done, feel free to tell if those fixes weren't what you had in mind
Phos-
Hey, m4m from my queue!

[Normal]
The main problem within this difficulty is the lack of consistent distance snap, which is the distance between each note in relation to the timeline. Look at what I've highlighted in this image. At the top right, you can see two numbers that present the current distance snapping of a note. Here, it's at 1.00x and 1.02x, which is fine. However, look at the next slider (00:10:951 (1) - ) and you will see that these values are different. For a normal difficulty, this is very bad, because a consistent distance snap is needed to maintain a balance of structure within the map, and newcomers need a consistent distance snap because they are still learning about time distance equality. So, what you need to do here is go over the entire difficulty, and make sure that the distance snap is consistent throughout. The second thing I highlighted in my image is the distance snap tool, which you should use to make sure that the distance between notes is correct. (I would suggest snapping every note to a value of 1.2x, as you will avoid 1/2 overlaps this way).

Also, I can't seem to find a consistent NC pattern in this map. What you should normally do is place an NC on every downbeat (the big white tick), because that will be consistent and it'll appropriately segregate chunks of the map. So, go over each NC and make sure that they're in the proper places.

1. 00:00:708 (1,2,1) - With patterns like this, you should generally form a regular polygon using circles and the ends/heads of sliders. Here, the triangle you've formed is a bit off, so I would amend this to make it look nicer. This also applies to patterns like 00:09:488 (1,1) - (the circle shape is a bit off, so you should move 00:10:951 (1) - a bit to the left to make it perfect), 00:35:829 (1,2,1) - (again, this triangle could be made into a perfect equilateral), etc.
  2. 00:21:195 (1,2) - Can't say I'm a fan of these horizontal 1/2 sliders. They seem quite boring, and the map would look nicer imo if you did something else with them. In a general sense, here are some examples of nice patterns you can do instead: 1, 2, 3. Just use your imagination.
The spacing in this difficulty is so flawed that I can't give specific advice here, as you're probably going to have to remap most patterns.

[Hard]
Like I mentioned in normal, you should base your difficulty around a certain distance snap. However, with hards and insanes you can break distance snap if a certain strong sound in the music calls for it. For example, a jump would be appropriate at 00:18:268 (1) - , since it lands on a very strong sound compared to it's predecessors.

1. 00:05:098 (1) - What do you notice about the end of this slider, compared to the start? The end of the slider lands on a downbeat; i.e. a very strong sound. To better represent the music here, you should make this sound clickable, which is done by placing a circle or slider head over this sound. This will be better because the player gains a sense of gratification when actively clicking on an object, meaning that it is better emphasised. So, what you could simply do here is get rid of the repeat on the slider, and place a circle on the downbeat instead.
  2. 00:13:878 (1,1) - These two notes are structured pretty poorly. This is because the curvature of the two sliders are different, and the two sliders aren't exactly forming a pattern together. A good pattern consists of symmetry and polygons. So, here you could instead like this or this, as they are perfectly symmetrical.
  3. 00:19:732 (1,2) - The flow within these two sliders are rough, because they mislead each other. The cursor exits the slider on (1), and then has to do a sharp angle to begin following the slider on (2). The following images should express this idea clearly. Pattern 1 (what you have right now) shows what rough flow looks like, and pattern 2 shows you what smooth flow looks like. Pattern 1, Pattern 2.
[Insane]
  1. 00:05:098 (1,2) - Although you're probably going to change this due to what I've mentioned in hard, I would avoid complete overlaps like this, since they can be hard for players to read and they don't look nice.
  2. 00:07:293 (2,4) - This small overlap that make a large difference in terms of overall neatness. It doensn't look good structure wise, or visual wise, so I would iron all of these out. Unintentional overlaps like this just look messy. (this applies in a general sense, not just in this spot. My next suggestion will probably make you change this overlap anyway.)
  3. 00:10:951 (1,2,3,4) - This is similar to what I mentioned about in hard. When the sound is stronger, you want to increase the spacing to reflect on that. Here though, you use the exact same sort of spacing to reflect a completely different part of the song (the vocals). Normally, when the song changes, you can reflect it in your map in various ways. You can increase the spacing, change the angle of the notes, or change the direction of circular flow (can't provide an image on this one, as four circles is too small to provide an example. This is general advice, so it doesn't just apply to this pattern). All three of these methods are a good way of representing change in the music, whilst maintaining a circle based rhythm.
  4. 00:34:366 (1) - Here you should make it so that the beginning and the end of the slider are perfectly stacked, as it'll look nicer.
I think this map has a lot of potential. Despite the things I've had to say, I like the aesthetics and flow of the map. Just follow my advice here, and the mapset would probably become much better. Good luck!

Here is the link to my map for M4M: positive MAD-crew - Mynarco Addiction. When I respond to your mod, I'm going to specify what I accept and reject, along with reasons why. I feel that this information will help you improve as a mapper and modder. (I felt like pointing this out, since you didn't give a specific mod reply to the previous modders up there.).
Topic Starter
udon337
Reply for -Faded
SPOILER

-Faded- wrote:

Hey, m4m from my queue!

[Normal]
The main problem within this difficulty is the lack of consistent distance snap, which is the distance between each note in relation to the timeline. Look at what I've highlighted in this image. At the top right, you can see two numbers that present the current distance snapping of a note. Here, it's at 1.00x and 1.02x, which is fine. However, look at the next slider (00:10:951 (1) - ) and you will see that these values are different. For a normal difficulty, this is very bad, because a consistent distance snap is needed to maintain a balance of structure within the map, and newcomers need a consistent distance snap because they are still learning about time distance equality. So, what you need to do here is go over the entire difficulty, and make sure that the distance snap is consistent throughout. The second thing I highlighted in my image is the distance snap tool, which you should use to make sure that the distance between notes is correct. (I would suggest snapping every note to a value of 1.2x, as you will avoid 1/2 overlaps this way).

Also, I can't seem to find a consistent NC pattern in this map. What you should normally do is place an NC on every downbeat (the big white tick), because that will be consistent and it'll appropriately segregate chunks of the map. So, go over each NC and make sure that they're in the proper places.

1. 00:00:708 (1,2,1) - With patterns like this, you should generally form a regular polygon using circles and the ends/heads of sliders. Here, the triangle you've formed is a bit off, so I would amend this to make it look nicer. This also applies to patterns like 00:09:488 (1,1) - (the circle shape is a bit off, so you should move 00:10:951 (1) - a bit to the left to make it perfect), 00:35:829 (1,2,1) - (again, this triangle could be made into a perfect equilateral), etc.
  2. 00:21:195 (1,2) - Can't say I'm a fan of these horizontal 1/2 sliders. They seem quite boring, and the map would look nicer imo if you did something else with them. In a general sense, here are some examples of nice patterns you can do instead: 1, 2, 3. Just use your imagination.
The spacing in this difficulty is so flawed that I can't give specific advice here, as you're probably going to have to remap most patterns.

[Hard]
Like I mentioned in normal, you should base your difficulty around a certain distance snap. However, with hards and insanes you can break distance snap if a certain strong sound in the music calls for it. For example, a jump would be appropriate at 00:18:268 (1) - , since it lands on a very strong sound compared to it's predecessors.

1. 00:05:098 (1) - What do you notice about the end of this slider, compared to the start? The end of the slider lands on a downbeat; i.e. a very strong sound. To better represent the music here, you should make this sound clickable, which is done by placing a circle or slider head over this sound. This will be better because the player gains a sense of gratification when actively clicking on an object, meaning that it is better emphasised. So, what you could simply do here is get rid of the repeat on the slider, and place a circle on the downbeat instead.
  2. 00:13:878 (1,1) - These two notes are structured pretty poorly. This is because the curvature of the two sliders are different, and the two sliders aren't exactly forming a pattern together. A good pattern consists of symmetry and polygons. So, here you could instead like this or this, as they are perfectly symmetrical.
  3. 00:19:732 (1,2) - The flow within these two sliders are rough, because they mislead each other. The cursor exits the slider on (1), and then has to do a sharp angle to begin following the slider on (2). The following images should express this idea clearly. Pattern 1 (what you have right now) shows what rough flow looks like, and pattern 2 shows you what smooth flow looks like. Pattern 1, Pattern 2.
[Insane]
  1. 00:05:098 (1,2) - Although you're probably going to change this due to what I've mentioned in hard, I would avoid complete overlaps like this, since they can be hard for players to read and they don't look nice.
  2. 00:07:293 (2,4) - This small overlap that make a large difference in terms of overall neatness. It doensn't look good structure wise, or visual wise, so I would iron all of these out. Unintentional overlaps like this just look messy. (this applies in a general sense, not just in this spot. My next suggestion will probably make you change this overlap anyway.)
  3. 00:10:951 (1,2,3,4) - This is similar to what I mentioned about in hard. When the sound is stronger, you want to increase the spacing to reflect on that. Here though, you use the exact same sort of spacing to reflect a completely different part of the song (the vocals). Normally, when the song changes, you can reflect it in your map in various ways. You can increase the spacing, change the angle of the notes, or change the direction of circular flow (can't provide an image on this one, as four circles is too small to provide an example. This is general advice, so it doesn't just apply to this pattern). All three of these methods are a good way of representing change in the music, whilst maintaining a circle based rhythm.
  4. 00:34:366 (1) - Here you should make it so that the beginning and the end of the slider are perfectly stacked, as it'll look nicer.

Tbh I understand where all of your suggestions come from and I used all of them because even if they weren't perfect, they were better than what I had going on. I would have wrote on the mod suggestion, but I didn't feel there was a need on this one.
Topic Starter
udon337
I'm sorry to everyone who shot this map a kudosu star, now that I'm playing it again, everything is bad and I'm not gonna keep building this map, there is too much to fix :(
I'm working on another map that could redeem my mapping status, but it is 4 minutes for each diff and I don't have all my time for osu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.