forum

Animated skin elements won't override static skin elements [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theowest

As you can see, the static play-skip and scorebar-colour skin elements are still showing even after disabling the skin, which should be replaced by my animated play-skip-x and scorebar-colour-x

Version b20130131

Does this apply to all animated skin elements? Make a reply if you're having ignore skin problems with your animated skin element.

edit: Only the scorebar-colour remains a problem after making them static.
RBRat3
Doesnt matter if animated or not, It just doesnt use it at all.
Topic Starter
theowest

RBRat3 wrote:

Doesnt matter if animated or not, It just doesnt use it at all.
Just the scorebar?

I removed my scorebar-colour-x animation, it's still there for some reason. Now called "scorebar-colour"

removing the animation from my skip worked:
RBRat3
Yea just the hp bar, Even the default skin doesnt even work.
(I hue shifted it in the beatmap which is why its not yellow)

Its should have been this

theowest wrote:

but isn't many of your skin elements animated?
Many yes but the hp bar isn't all that entertaining to animate being gimped in framerate I never touch it XD... Some parts have both, having a static hitburst will give you your hits for ranking screen while their framed counterparts are used in-game (Waiting for mania to support this function).
peppy
I specifically asked for this to be tested on the test build, but I guess it didn't happen :(.
Topic Starter
theowest
..sorry about that! :c
Kluddio

peppy wrote:

I specifically asked for this to be tested on the test build, but I guess it didn't happen :(.
Where can we find out what you want us to test?
peppy
Please test again on the test build now. I'm pretty sure I found the cause.
MillhioreF
Tested around a bit; seems to be all fixed now, thanks!
peppy
I hope I actually managed to push the new build before you started testing. I ended up in a really long tunnel after posting my last post and couldn't actually upload the new build. Make sure you don't have any new updates waiting for you when running test build.

Keep in mind this only applies to one specific case, where beatmap has non-animated elements and skin has animated elements.
Topic Starter
theowest
the scorebar-colour-x and play-skip-x are animated in this picture

seem to work just fine now, thanks!