forum

Arkasia - Euphoria

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sir Idea
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on dimanche 13 mai 2018 at 17:58:38

Artist: Arkasia
Title: Euphoria
Tags: Arkasia euphoria drum and bass marathon
BPM: 174
Filesize: 8074kb
Play Time: 06:10
Difficulties Available:
  1. Spirit (5,35 stars, 1351 notes)
Download: Arkasia - Euphoria
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Thanks.

Mapping & Hitsound : Done by me

Background : Victor Mosquera (https://www.artstation.com/artist/victormosquera)

Modding : Sandrew, Senery, Amos.
Sandrew
From my queue
[General]
I guess maybe you can turn the countdown off
[spirit]
I'm not good at modding diff harder than insane, I'm sorry for that
When you open ctrl+a, you can see that all the patterns are focus in the centre of the field, there are much place for you to put a pattern, maybe you should try to map in a bigger place, not to turn a round over and over
you can take a look at more dnb maps, which also have same beats in music ,to see how they map it to different patterns, like:https://osu.ppy.sh/b/443270 , their way to use the space can give you a lot of experience
Because I can't see sense from most patterns of your map, I can only give a little advice on that
You don't need to give kds if you think this mod make no help
00:44:229 (1) - you can start your mapping here, or at least delete one of your spinner at beginning, players may lose their interest with too long time for easy patterns which are almost the same
01:01:988 (1,2,3) - 1 and 3 are close in a way not appreciate
02:56:643 (1) - why not make this slider close to the corner of the mapping field
I have to say, if pick one of patterns in your map, it's ok, have less problems ,but you need to structure them in a right way, make them look in order
sorry for my poor english
good luck :)
Topic Starter
Sir Idea

Sandrew wrote:

From my queue
[General]
I guess maybe you can turn the countdown off
[spirit]
I'm not good at modding diff harder than insane, I'm sorry for that
When you open ctrl+a, you can see that all the patterns are focus in the centre of the field, there are much place for you to put a pattern, maybe you should try to map in a bigger place, not to turn a round over and over
you can take a look at more dnb maps, which also have same beats in music ,to see how they map it to different patterns, like:https://osu.ppy.sh/b/443270 , their way to use the space can give you a lot of experience
Because I can't see sense from most patterns of your map, I can only give a little advice on that
You don't need to give kds if you think this mod make no help
00:44:229 (1) - you can start your mapping here, or at least delete one of your spinner at beginning, players may lose their interest with too long time for easy patterns which are almost the same
01:01:988 (1,2,3) - 1 and 3 are close in a way not appreciate
02:56:643 (1) - why not make this slider close to the corner of the mapping field
I have to say, if pick one of patterns in your map, it's ok, have less problems ,but you need to structure them in a right way, make them look in order
sorry for my poor english
good luck :)
Thanks! I've updated :)

Actually, it helped me a lot, and i didn't realize that all my map was a little bit too focused on the center of the screen, i've fixed this and I have also fixed a lot of pattern. That was helpful, thanks!
Senery
Hi! from my queue

[Spirit]
  1. 00:54:574 (1,2) - make this the same distance and angle as 00:54:919 (3,4) -
  2. 00:57:505 (3) - copy 00:56:988 (1) - and ctrl+h ctrl+g, looks better to me if they are the same copy pasted
  3. 01:07:505 (6) - stack this with the slider end of 01:06:643 (2) -
  4. 01:11:471 (2) - blanket with 01:11:126 (1) -
  5. 01:29:574 (6) - stack with 01:28:885 (3) -
  6. 01:51:816 (1) - stack with 01:50:609 (2) -
  7. 02:39:747 (3) - blanket is a bit off
  8. 03:09:747 (1) - stack with 03:09:057 (2) -
  9. 03:27:333 (2,1) - these arent stacked properly
  10. 03:47:678 (2) - stack with 03:46:643 (1) - and move the others accordingly
  11. 03:47:333 (1) - stack these
  12. 04:49:057 (1,1) - these arent stack properly either
Most of this is visual, i didnt mention everything so i would suggest you look through the map to fix some more of these issues i have listed

Nice map though :) good luck!
Topic Starter
Sir Idea

Senery wrote:

Hi! from my queue

[Spirit]
  1. 00:54:574 (1,2) - make this the same distance and angle as 00:54:919 (3,4) -
  2. 00:57:505 (3) - copy 00:56:988 (1) - and ctrl+h ctrl+g, looks better to me if they are the same copy pasted
  3. 01:07:505 (6) - stack this with the slider end of 01:06:643 (2) -
  4. 01:11:471 (2) - blanket with 01:11:126 (1) -
  5. 01:29:574 (6) - stack with 01:28:885 (3) -
  6. 01:51:816 (1) - stack with 01:50:609 (2) -
  7. 02:39:747 (3) - blanket is a bit off
  8. 03:09:747 (1) - stack with 03:09:057 (2) -
  9. 03:27:333 (2,1) - these arent stacked properly
  10. 03:47:678 (2) - stack with 03:46:643 (1) - and move the others accordingly
  11. 03:47:333 (1) - stack these
  12. 04:49:057 (1,1) - these arent stack properly either
Most of this is visual, i didnt mention everything so i would suggest you look through the map to fix some more of these issues i have listed

Nice map though :) good luck!
Hey! Sorry, i'am late :'(

Thanks, I fixed everything and will look to fix some things as you advised me. Thanks for the modding, and I'm glad you appreciated the map! :)
Voydyra
I really love that map. I hope it will get ranked!
Topic Starter
Sir Idea

TaiPilgrim wrote:

I really love that map. I hope it will get ranked!
Thanks! I'll try my best, glad you liked it! :)

Updated! Ready for modding :3
Amos
hello, from my mod queue

[spirit]

try to spread out more and not just clustering in the middle
00:47:678 (1,2,3,4,5) - because there's no major sound in here i think you should put the objects closer to each other
01:09:229 (1,1,1) - these slidertail sounds stronger than the head, tail should be equivalent or lower to the head
01:14:574 (4,5,6) - move 4 closer to 5 to emphasize the 6
01:16:126 (1,2) - same as #2
01:46:816 (1,1) - the slider breaks the flow, rotating 180 and ctrl+g should fix it
why the sudden break lol, not finished?
02:36:643 (1,1) - why different spacing? and why so many NC?
04:31:988 (4,1) - #2
04:31:988 (4,1) - bad overlap
05:24:057 (1,1) - i think you should make different shape for different sound like this
i think that's it from me, it's a nice map, good luck :)
Topic Starter
Sir Idea

Amos wrote:

hello, from my mod queue

[spirit]

try to spread out more and not just clustering in the middle Thanks, i will try to fix that this week!
00:47:678 (1,2,3,4,5) - because there's no major sound in here i think you should put the objects closer to each other fixed
01:09:229 (1,1,1) - these slidertail sounds stronger than the head, tail should be equivalent or lower to the head fixed
01:14:574 (4,5,6) - move 4 closer to 5 to emphasize the 6 fixed
01:16:126 (1,2) - same as #2 fixed
01:46:816 (1,1) - the slider breaks the flow, rotating 180 and ctrl+g should fix it fixed
why the sudden break lol, not finished? I wanted to make a long pause for the player, i added a spinner, but yeah i will probably continue for more seconds
02:36:643 (1,1) - why different spacing? and why so many NC? fixed
04:31:988 (4,1) - #2 fixed
04:31:988 (4,1) - bad overlap fixed
05:24:057 (1,1) - i think you should make different shape for different sound like this I tried ,I wil probablyl change later, but i've tried something, thanks for the idea!
i think that's it from me, it's a nice map, good luck :)
Thanks for the modding and your support! :)
TheKingHenry
Hello mod from my queue~
Spirit
  1. First of all, I don't think it's getting to the 5 min mark (if it's supposed to be aiming for approved). Fortunately the map supports enough drain time, just map it. For that matter, the random (even relatively large) breaks inside the song were kinda meh lol. (Maybe they are there because some sections are getting remaped? I don't know)
  2. 00:55:609 (2,3) - kinda slightly overlapping, maybe move them little?
  3. 00:47:505 - these don't feel good, why not just add some objects to these gaps (just one circle is usually cool for these) A lot of these in the map tbh, next ones at 00:56:816 - 00:59:057 - 01:01:816 - and so on. Like, I see you want to follow the "main drum", but ignoring the somewhat constant background sounds just to have a pattern that plays more awkwardly just doesn't make too much sense to me.
  4. 01:04:057 (1,2,3) - broken stack btw. I have the feeling there could be others too, I'll mention if they catch my eye
  5. 01:09:229 (1,5,1) - would be better if 01:09:229 (1,5) - were stacked and the "blanket" was between 01:09:229 (1,1) - instead (well, 01:09:919 (5) - too in that case though)
  6. The NCing seems messy at times, like for example 01:13:367 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - according to what is this done? Anyways for more overall stuff, it would be preferable to have consistent NCing logic. Here, for example, either NCing just the 1st downbeats (the usual stuff) or according to the drum pattern (the same one is basically repeated for almost the whole song) would make it a lot more structured looking.
  7. 01:54:919 (3,1,3) - fucked up stacks?
  8. 02:01:471 - okay so first break inc. Please map, the song is clearly going on about the same as the section before, there is no reason to have break here (and it doesn't feel right at all)
  9. Looking at the first kiai now, I kinda feel like the map is lacking in emphasising the song through difficulty changes, as in, it's almost the same throughout so far, while the music is clearly having some ups and downs (compare 00:44:229 - vs the kiai for example, there is clearly difference, but it feels lacking. Like, I have the feeling that most changes happened in the SV lol)
  10. 02:56:643 - next break. Still not good idea at all. Like, I get you maybe aren't feeling like mapping the exact same stuff over and over again, but hey, that's what the song you chose is having, so let's live with it
  11. 03:15:609 (4,5,6) - wait a second are these triples supposed to be curved? If so then I guess it's fine (althought I wouldn't really go curving triples until relatively large spacing, see 03:16:988 (1,2,3) - for example)
  12. 03:18:712 - this shit looks actually p cool tbh. Just please have it increase in spacing when the music changes for higher pitch (as in, basically just increase it over the time as the music gets more intense) Also highly preferable that you continue with the same idea from 03:29:747 - on as well, since the music is the same (tho true enough that repeating the exact same stuff might not be too interesting, but you can make a little twist to it. Perhaps make a slightly more intense variation for the repeated section)
  13. 03:34:402 (3,1) - stack?
  14. 03:47:678 (2,3) - already the sliders before these that were cutting on sounds felt slightly lazy, now these, and god bless, break after this. Hmm (now here gotta say tho that if you really wanna have one place with break in this map, it's gonna be this one. Cut it down to like half tho, and have the break at the most quiet part or smth
  15. 04:16:471 (1,2,3) - I like how you are now using this as "normal" pattern, somehow makes it feel like there's been progression towards something greater. Now you just need to map that "something greater" in the last kiai though.
  16. 05:02:160 - okay so having come this far in the last kiai, where did you drop that pattern you used in the last kiai? There were few of them in the begining of this and then you just got rid of them lol. I don't think the jumps are the most interesting stuff you could map
  17. In the last section (both the one with still the beat and then the last, less dense one, you are ignoring a lot of sounds. Also you are skipping on keeping doing that slider thingy for the beep sounds in the song (as in, with the short sliders in similar fashion to how you did in the kiai with these 05:21:988 (1) - )
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Sir Idea

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod from my queue~
Spirit
  1. First of all, I don't think it's getting to the 5 min mark (if it's supposed to be aiming for approved). Fortunately the map supports enough drain time, just map it. For that matter, the random (even relatively large) breaks inside the song were kinda meh lol. (Maybe they are there because some sections are getting remaped? I don't know) Ahah, yeah i approve the break inside the song is waaay too long x) Yeah i didn't noticed that the drain time is lower than 5min, i will fix that, thanks! :)
  2. 00:55:609 (2,3) - kinda slightly overlapping, maybe move them little? fixed!
  3. 00:47:505 - these don't feel good, why not just add some objects to these gaps (just one circle is usually cool for these) A lot of these in the map tbh, next ones at 00:56:816 - 00:59:057 - 01:01:816 - and so on. Like, I see you want to follow the "main drum", but ignoring the somewhat constant background sounds just to have a pattern that plays more awkwardly just doesn't make too much sense to me. fixed!I see, can be counter-intuitive, fixed![/color]
  4. 01:04:057 (1,2,3) - broken stack btw. I have the feeling there could be others too, I'll mention if they catch my eye fixed!
  5. 01:09:229 (1,5,1) - would be better if 01:09:229 (1,5) - were stacked and the "blanket" was between 01:09:229 (1,1) - instead (well, 01:09:919 (5) - too in that case though) Much better, thanks!
  6. The NCing seems messy at times, like for example 01:13:367 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - according to what is this done? Anyways for more overall stuff, it would be preferable to have consistent NCing logic. Here, for example, either NCing just the 1st downbeats (the usual stuff) or according to the drum pattern (the same one is basically repeated for almost the whole song) would make it a lot more structured looking. Owww i will probably spend an entire afternoon doing this xD Yeah, i will probably change the NC structure like you advised, I also find it a bit disorganized.
  7. 01:54:919 (3,1,3) - fucked up stacks? fixed!
  8. 02:01:471 - okay so first break inc. Please map, the song is clearly going on about the same as the section before, there is no reason to have break here (and it doesn't feel right at all) fixed!
  9. Looking at the first kiai now, I kinda feel like the map is lacking in emphasising the song through difficulty changes, as in, it's almost the same throughout so far, while the music is clearly having some ups and downs (compare 00:44:229 - vs the kiai for example, there is clearly difference, but it feels lacking. Like, I have the feeling that most changes happened in the SV lol) Oh, I thought just the opposite, that people will like loose and getting bored because the difficulty spike is too hard, because i don't see any other way to emphasising without up the difficulty, but I will definitly try other things like you've suggested, thanks!
  10. 02:56:643 - next break. Still not good idea at all. Like, I get you maybe aren't feeling like mapping the exact same stuff over and over again, but hey, that's what the song you chose is having, so let's live with it Ahah you got it xD And because i want to make the player breath a little during the map, but yeah i think i'll just add some little circle, thanks! :)
  11. 03:15:609 (4,5,6) - wait a second are these triples supposed to be curved? If so then I guess it's fine (althought I wouldn't really go curving triples until relatively large spacing, see 03:16:988 (1,2,3) - for example) I didn't understand this one sorry :( Curved? Idk i see these triples straight, But I think I misunderstood, sorry.
  12. 03:18:712 - this shit looks actually p cool tbh. Just please have it increase in spacing when the music changes for higher pitch (as in, basically just increase it over the time as the music gets more intense) Also highly preferable that you continue with the same idea from 03:29:747 - on as well, since the music is the same (tho true enough that repeating the exact same stuff might not be too interesting, but you can make a little twist to it. Perhaps make a slightly more intense variation for the repeated section) Ahah, yeah I found this pattern cool too. Yeah, very interesting idea about the pitch, thanks! And yeah i will probably extend this pattern, like advised! :)
  13. 03:34:402 (3,1) - stack? fixed!
  14. 03:47:678 (2,3) - already the sliders before these that were cutting on sounds felt slightly lazy, now these, and god bless, break after this. Hmm (now here gotta say tho that if you really wanna have one place with break in this map, it's gonna be this one. Cut it down to like half tho, and have the break at the most quiet part or smth Yeah, i've fixed that and made it follow more the sound, thanks!
  15. 04:16:471 (1,2,3) - I like how you are now using this as "normal" pattern, somehow makes it feel like there's been progression towards something greater. Now you just need to map that "something greater" in the last kiai though. Thanks! yeah i like the idea of introduce a pattern and use it on the whole map! :) And yeah, thanks for the advice, I will try to be creative for the end!
  16. 05:02:160 - okay so having come this far in the last kiai, where did you drop that pattern you used in the last kiai? There were few of them in the begining of this and then you just got rid of them lol. I don't think the jumps are the most interesting stuff you could map I though that this pattern would have annoyed people, but yeah i was wrong, that's jump that annoy people :D Thanks, i will surely develop this pattern all around the map, thanks!
  17. In the last section (both the one with still the beat and then the last, less dense one, you are ignoring a lot of sounds. Also you are skipping on keeping doing that slider thingy for the beep sounds in the song (as in, with the short sliders in similar fashion to how you did in the kiai with these 05:21:988 (1) - ) Yeah i know, i screwed up a lot with the end, i will fix that.
Good luck!
That was what we call a pretty solid modding :) Thanks, i really appreciate your modding, And helped a lot about mapping. Now i have a lot of work with all the advice you gave me. Thanks! :)
JustKrisso
nice song, nice map, love it!
Topic Starter
Sir Idea

JustKrisso wrote:

nice song, nice map, love it!

Thanks! I appreciate!

Updated after a long time, ready for a litte bit more modding! :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.