forum

Rate the Mapping Technique - Round 44 : Central Anti-Jumps

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love Them!
11.27%
4 -
20.59%
3 -
25.49%
2 -
23.53%
1 - Hate Them!
19.12%
Total votes: 204
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Round 44 : Central Anti-Jumps

Nominated by NoHItter. Basically, a note or slider placed in the center of other notes and/or sliders but spaced the same in the timeline as a form of anti-jump.

Map(s) that use this technique
SPLAY - Drawing Days (TV Size) mapped by JInxyjem
Norikazu Miura - Traces of the Sindar Civilization mapped by Dusty
Christophe Mae - On s'attache mapped by Sushi

~Mapping Technique Nominations~
Xgor
Looks well... but I find them breaking the flow and play pretty poorly.

ShaggoN

Xgor wrote:

Looks well... but I find them breaking the flow and play pretty poorly.

You took these words out of my mouth.
Sure
New combo plz :p
TKiller
they are great when new combos are used right on them and they are following the song's strongest lead
Mismagius
meh, doesn't really work most of the times, but when it's right it might be fun. 3'd.
Krisom
Guilty of using them. If they are following a QQ Diamond they are intuitive enough and most of the times don't need a new combo.

4'd
intermu
do not like. at all.
RandomJibberish
Usually not that confusing, but can feel awkward.
Gonzvlo
Sometimes they work nice if the notes are wide apart on the timeline.
However I would rather use consistent spacing.
ziin
I never get fooled by the second example, I don't mind using those.

I never get fooled by any actually, and they're usually not anti-jumps, just normal distances. You just have to put them where the jump works.

I'm not sure I completely agree with the new combo rule either in order to remove any spacing errors.
RandomJibberish
Using new combos is kinda silly. A well made map shouldn't need unnecesary and awkwardly placed new combos to make it readable :/
mm201
If you think adding new combos is a way of indicating jumps, you are mistaken. Rather, the correct spots for new combos can be reasonable spots for jumps. Complete combos of jumps are exempt. (These should be reserved for moments of climax, or otherwise a stark increase in energy.)

This method can work okay if it's used in complete combos of jumps. I do prefer when these combos are still approximately spaced, only enlarged. Enlarged versions of Square Formations v2 and related patterns are fine here.
Sakura
I like to use these but mostly in middle of a triangle jump combo then next note in the center, it's a good way to go back to the center after some jumps and they are perfectly readable as long as the jumps fit the music, in which case a player should be able to tell that they are all far apart the same in time.
Moefu_old
look well~
OzzyOzrock
guh, I wanna say I like these but they're not obvious enough half the time
Firo Prochainezo
Nothing special, really. 3
theowest
Pretty meh.
Equivalent_old
2. Even new combo will still make me combo break
Minty Gum
2. It seems like it would break the flow a bit, but it could be nice, and make people play in time to the rhythm instead of playing in time to the spacing.