forum

Advanced Skin.ini sound settings

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Satyrsaw
Hey, iv'e searched here and there on the forum about customizing the volume for the hit sounds. Some talk about removing the maps hit sound levels so that all are at the same level and bla bla bla. But Then i checked the commands for the Skin.ini and didn't find any commands for hit sounds. What im trying to say is maybe there should be a list of commands that would allow you do change the volume of your custom hit sounds. For example, hit sound ''normal-hitnormal '' has a volume of 100 the other hit sounds are so loud that they suppress the normal one. ( And there is this question, why don't you replace all samples or edit each its volume. Answer, not efficient + not what i want and to be honest to lazy) But it would help allot have some commands to manage the hit sounds in our skins in my opinion. I hope i made me clear :p
Seijiro
Hitsounding is done during the beatmap creation and it is an important part of the whole beatmapping process.
Volume settings should be discussed in the modding process too, to avoid that (as you mentioned) sometimes the hitsounds volumes overlap the wrong way.
Keep in mind that you are supposed to play with equal volumes for music and hitsounds (if this is the case you are in, just give up)
In short: there are no options to do that and I don't see the need to replace part of the beatmapping/modding process with such option.
Bara-
Editing sound samples is really easy.
Open audacity
Drag the file into there
Then press a button I only know the Dutch name of (versterken, something like volume changing)
Lower it and try it out. Trying out needs to happen anyway.
Export.

imo this is even faster then via skin.ini, as you can directly hear on whether the sound is good, and you don't need to refresh+play a map to hear it
Topic Starter
Satyrsaw
The idea of using audacity is good, but you need to download it,(not saying its big, or i don't have space) but having an option like that would make things more efficient no need of 3rd party software. Plus, imagine this, i only put in my skin folder ''normal-hitnormal'' so its the only sound that i can change the volume, but the game will fill the rest with the default sounds that wont appear in the skin folder. And the default sounds are suppressing my ''normal-hitnormal'' you would have to lower the default samples. So now knowing this example, i think it would make some seance at least to have some way to edit the volume of each samples/ hitsounds.