forum

[confirmed] osu! Website does not play sound correctly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
When i try to listen to a Song preview on the osu website, i just get a Loop of a maybe half a second of the song.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0JNyiKdmQ8

osu! version: 20150606cuttingedge
Trosk-
Never happened to me...

Btw, next time try to insert the Youtube video correctly, you should copy just the video code, not the entire link. In this case it should be like this:

[youtube]P0JNyiKdmQ8[/youtube]
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
I did it like this o.O
Trosk-

Shizuyi wrote:

I did it like this o.O
I think you have written something wrong.

Topic Starter
Shizuyi
Oh we ll you are right, i realized my mistake. I had the "v=" in it. Thanks!
Trosk-

Shizuyi wrote:

Oh we ll you are right, i realized my mistake. I had the "v=" in it. Thanks!
No prob. :P

Regarding to the website sound preview problem, kdo you get it at all maps, or just in that one? this never happened to me... This could be because of your browser cache or something.. but i don't know.
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
It happens to ALL maps but i use the same browser for 2-3 years now but this hapens for about 2-3 months...
Trosk-

Shizuyi wrote:

It happens to ALL maps but i use the same browser for 2-3 years now but this hapens for about 2-3 months...
Can you try on another browser?
Ayesha Altugle
It plays fine for me.

What browser are you using?
Topic Starter
Shizuyi

Trosk- wrote:

Shizuyi wrote:

Can you try on another browser?

Works fine on Opera. ALready tried that the first time i realized it but i do not want to use another Browser just for that reason.

I use the lastest Version of Internext Explorer 11.
Trosk-

Shizuyi wrote:

Works fine on Opera. ALready tried that the first time i realized it but i do not want to use another Browser just for that reason.

Try to delete browser cache, then try again, i think it should work.
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
I already tred that. Did not work.
VeilStar
I vaguely recall this having to do with adobe flash messing things up.

Just dropping that in here.
Topic Starter
Shizuyi
Since Flash Player is pre installed on Windows 8(.1), is there any chance of fixing this?
VeilStar

Shizuyi wrote:

Since Flash Player is pre installed on Windows 8(.1), is there any chance of fixing this?
Not sure, as I said it's just something I vaguely recall. I can't really say more than that without completely talking out of my ass. I'm afraid I can't really help you here. :/
Trosk-
Same as VeilStar, i actually have no idea of what it could be.
abraker

Shizuyi wrote:

Please don't, it's the worst browser out there. As you can see it's causing you problems and don't let me get started on the security risks.
Trosk-
Okay, I get the loop on Internet Explorer too :D.

Like abraker said, there are better browsers out there.
VeilStar
Not happening here on IE11 - Windows 7. Just dropping that here. Still not sure.
Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

Not happening here on IE11 - Windows 7. Just dropping that here. Still not sure.
Maybe it's only happening on Windows 8.

Video:
show more