forum

[confirmed] Giving stars to ranked maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
George
The bug is pretty explanatory, if you use Inspect Element you can give ranked maps stars

You get the maps ID from the submission URL (ex. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/292280 (292280)

and you paste it into a code you took from inspect element like this (I'm not telling exactly where to get the code although its easy unless a moderator asks for it)

'/web/kcxsau_xrxxx.php?action=xxxxx&axp;s=RankedMapID&axp;v=UserID' (censored so it isnt easy to guess)

and then you just put it into the url box and you gave a ranked map a star.

This idea came along while I was talking to one of my friends and playing around with Inspect Element, as you can see I censored some stuff to stop people from trying to use the bug, although there is no advantages (except losing KD) for using it
abraker
For the sake of not losing any of my current 2 kudosus I'm not going to try to confirm this, but I see how this is possible. Even though the button is removed, the php file which the button is supposed to initiate can still be run through the URL like a command.

It's so tempting to post the URL though. I must resist...
Argh can't resist
made you look!____________But it's so obvious though_______________________!
Trosk-
I can't test it because i don't have kudos available, maybe this should be fixed, but... What's the point on giving stars to a ranked map?
Bara-
This is a known 'bug'
You can also shoot stars to graveyarded maps (which was said in the original thread)

Edit: I should be able to see if I can confirm or not (as I have +- 40 stars left now)
If you need help confirming ask me (but I don't know for sure how >.<)
I knew it had something to do with a beatmap's thread link (copy that into an other one)
Forexample, you shoot a star a map A (Pending) you get a link xxx.xxx/xxxxxxx"BeatmapthreadA"xxxx
If you change that BeatmapthreadA to BeatmapthreadB (map B is ranked/Graved) you'll shoot a star to that map instead (which is a hidden link)
I gues this also works with feature requests (Marked threads are IIRC not able to get stars)
Topic Starter
George
like I said, if anyone actually wants to confirm the bug, just forum pm me and I'll send you what the link is you can use