forum

[confirmed] It is possible to area select when placing notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Problem Details:
For the standard gamemode in the beatmap editor select the circle button to place notes and place a note by double clicking while moving you mouse across the screen. Also when using the area select that way, when going over the placed note it changes to area select. In the case of spinners, there is no need to double click; just click and drag.

Video:

osu! version: 20150410.2beta
VeilStar
Isn't this intended?
Topic Starter
abraker
IMO, the option changing from note placement to area select without actually selecting to use area select by holding the mouse button and hovering over over the placed note is not intended.
VeilStar

abraker wrote:

IMO, the option changing from note placement to area select without actually selecting to use area select by holding the mouse button and hovering over over the placed note is not intended.
I might be misunderstanding exactly what you mean. Could you post a video of it?
Topic Starter
abraker
added video.

Also notice how the object to be placed disappears when that happens.
TheVileOne
This isn't intended. >.>
VeilStar

abraker wrote:

added video.
Thanks.

abraker wrote:

Also notice how the object to be placed disappears when that happens.
This doesn't happen to me. Unless I right-click, of course. But in that case it should delete the right-clicked object.

TheVileOne wrote:

This isn't intended. >.>
I thought it was... It just seems handy to be able to select without having to switch the tool.
It's not like you are really able to unintentionally do this either.

Ohwell. Confirming then...