forum

Kuroko no Basuke [Character Themed Difficulties]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Monstrata
The Song to be mapped is "The Other Self" by GRANRODEO. It will be TV-Size due to the number of anticipated difficulties. (At least 10, assuming 1 Easy/ 1 Normal, 1 Hard, 7 Insane/Extra's)

Here is the link to the mapset. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/240656

This is a Kuroko's Basketball mapping project. There will be many Insane/Extra difficulties mapped to the characters of Kuroko's Basketball. Please take a look and see if you might be interested in a Guest Difficulty! Below are the guidelines for each character's difficulty, however they are still open to interpretation from whoever wants to map them.

Difficulty run through:

Akashi- "Ankle-breaking" mapping style, plenty of 1/4th sliders, 1/8th sliders for streams under Kiai Time (Zoned Akashi). As one of the characters able to achieve "The Zone" the Kiai Time of this section should be even more difficult than the rest of the map. AR 10 is highly recommended to keep with the theme of the Emperor's Eye. ~ monstrata

Aomine- "Freestyle and Fast" mapping style. Streams aplenty, lots of jumps and crazy sliders. Aomine has a "freestyle" approach to basketball, so this map should be freestyle too, so simple patterns are discouraged. As one of the characters able to achieve "The Zone" the Kiai Time of this section should be even more difficult than the rest of the map. ~ monstrata

Kagami - "Freestyle and Jumpy" mapping style. Very similar to Aomine's style, Kagami's difficulty should employ more jumps than streams. Because Kagami is able to achieve the "True Zone" there should be a very noticeable increase in difficulty after Kiai Time. ~ SoumaBatata

Kise - "Copycat/A-bit-of-everything" mapping style, Copying elements from the other 4 maps (Not including Kuroko's). This difficulty is probably the most "normal" for an Insane/Extra and will not be using an excess of any one technique. ~ Open for Guest Difficulty

Kuroko - "Hidden" mapping style. This map should not be very difficult, skill and technique-wise. However, it is to be mapped with the particular goal to make the map very difficult to read. One of the goals of this difficulty is to encourage players to use the Hidden mod for better readability. AR 8 or 7.5 is recommended. ~monstrata

Midorima - "High-Accuracy" mapping style. This map should feature many screen jumps. Long and fast sliders (representing the 3-point shot arcs) may be incorporated too. This difficulty should have an OD higher than the others'. This difficulty is still up for interpretation. ~ stormshadw

Murasakibara- "Full-Screen" mapping style. This difficulty should be n either CS 3 or CS 5 (up to the mapper). The Whole screen should be used, and notes that border on the edges of the screen would be great. This difficulty is still up for interpretation. Though Murasakibara achieves "The Zone" it never amounted to anything. Therefore, the Kiai Time may be slightly more difficult, but should not be as noticeable as the others'. ~ Open for Guest Difficulty

Other Character Difficulties These difficulties are up for interpretation and are not necessary for the mapset. These are just additional ideas:

Himuro - "Polished" mapping style. Technically polished, well-executed patterns, this mapping style should be a "textbook" mapping style that doesn't try to push anything. ~ Open for Guest Difficulty

Kiyoshi - "Sharp Turns" mapping style. Possessing the "right of postponement" sliders on this difficulty should bend and snake in sharp angles, especially towards their tails. ~ Open for Guest Difficulty

Aida - She is the coach. This difficulty would probably fall under "Normal/Hard" and is up to the mapper to interpret. ~ Open for Guest Difficulty

Momoi - "Flashlight-friendly" mapping style. Also a coach, though her "ability" is to prepare research. This difficulty should be "Normal/Hard" and should be mapped with particular attention to the Flash Light mod. (FL Players need to research the map). ~ monstrata

Koganei - This mapping style is a toned down version of Kise's. Basically a regular "Hard" difficulty. ~ Open for Guest Difficulty

Mibuchi - Another shooter. This mapping style should somewhat resemble Midorima's albeit less difficult. ~ Open for Guest Difficulty

Hayama - "Lightning-Dribble" mapping style. This style should employ a lot of consecutive circle combo's over sliders. ~ monstrata

Teiko - TAG 4 ~monstrata (will most probably not be included in ranked mapset)

Light & Shadow - TAG 2 Kuroko and Kagami ~Open for Guest Difficulty (I want this to be for ranked if possible)

Feel free to suggest more characters. If you are making the Guest Difficulty, you are welcome to pick whoever you want, even Tetsuya #2.
tridragon1
I probably would be able to Midorima, so try to save him for me if you want.
Wouldn't call myself the greatest but i'll try
Dash-Slash
Akashi's difficulty has just one combo... or it was to be like that?
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Dash-Slash wrote:

Akashi's is still a complete WIP. I just *attempted* to map it last night. I tried using only straight sliders and back/forth jumps etc... but i'll probably be remapping like at least 50% of it if not re-arranging the pattern anyway. It's just an experiment atm. (Also, i usually don't add in the combo's until I finish mapping the difficulty, haha)

tridragon1 wrote:

You got it :D.
tridragon1

monstrata wrote:

Dash-Slash wrote:

Akashi's is still a complete WIP. I just *attempted* to map it last night. I tried using only straight sliders and back/forth jumps etc... but i'll probably be remapping like at least 50% of it if not re-arranging the pattern anyway. It's just an experiment atm. (Also, i usually don't add in the combo's until I finish mapping the difficulty, haha)

tridragon1 wrote:

You got it :D.
Running through the map i found the MP3 low quality (might just be me) possible to add a new mp3 and a mp4 vid maybe? i can probably code it
If not a MP4 we should probably get a different background for other chars

Could get the MP3 from here?, seems clearer to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWi0IC0VqJA
Topic Starter
Monstrata

tridragon1 wrote:

Running through the map i found the MP3 low quality (might just be me) possible to add a new mp3 and a mp4 vid maybe? i can probably code it
If not a MP4 we should probably get a different background for other chars

Could get the MP3 from here?, seems clearer to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWi0IC0VqJA

I'll try and add another mp3 to compare, definitely!

And yes, eventually there will be an mp4, and certainly different backgrounds for each character. I figured the mapper should pick their own background. We may even see different color themed skins for each difficulty.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
The problem i have with the new mp3 is that it doesn't match the anime's tv-size opening. The Mp4 would cut off at the end. Also, the mp3 trails off towards the finish which is a bit awkward.

I'll see if i can get a better quality mp3 though, but no promises. If the kbps is too high it can't be ranked anyways (copyright issues etc.. etc...) :(
tridragon1
Well i have a 17 sec demo if you want to look at it, haven't been on osu that much but i'm pretty sure this is too hard but yeah, I need your input, if you also could tell me how to post it unless you just get the beatmap automatically for some reason.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
There were some problems regarding the beatmap being unavailable for download. This has been fixed.

New difficulties have been added, including Teko (TAG4) and Light and Shadow(Kuroko/Kagami Tag Team) TAG 2.

TAG 4 most probably won't be included in the ranked mapset, but TAG 2 should be doable.