forum

Minimalist Miku [Final] [HD/SD]

posted
Total Posts
show more

AshiNoBaka wrote:

Perfect for me.
Quanteck
Id like to know what font did you use? also nice skin although missing alot of HD parts... <3
Topic Starter
Garin

Quanteck wrote:

Id like to know what font did you use? also nice skin although missing alot of HD parts... <3
It's Imagine font :) correction: score numbers is Imagine font and everything else is Maximillien :)

and yeah this was my first "real" skin, i'd already made most of the stuff before i realized i could do @2x elements.

next time 8k res 420fps

hhehe
Quanteck
what the ranks ??? I wanted that font actually...
Haskorion

Quanteck wrote:

http://www.dafont.com/cf-samurai-bob.font

default numbers

EDIT: http://www.dafont.com/journey.font
thats ranking. they look alike because of their style.
Topic Starter
Garin

ReddScorn wrote:

Quanteck wrote:

http://www.dafont.com/cf-samurai-bob.font

default numbers

EDIT: http://www.dafont.com/journey.font
thats ranking. they look alike because of their style.
this guy knows!
Startoku
Is it ok that you can answer my question? The key bindings I have for osu!mania are locked on default instead of what I modified them into. I asked earlier if its my fault because I may have downloading it wrong but now I'm sure it isn't. So is it supposed to happen that my key bindings are locked into default when playing osu!mania?
Topic Starter
Garin

Stardust23 wrote:

Is it ok that you can answer my question? The key bindings I have for osu!mania are locked on default instead of what I modified them into. I asked earlier if its my fault because I may have downloading it wrong but now I'm sure it isn't. So is it supposed to happen that my key bindings are locked into default when playing osu!mania?
go into the skin folder and open 4k.ini then change the keybindings there.
Startoku
It works, thank you! That was my only complaint but keep up the good work! This is still an amazing skin.
Shiroe1472
Really nice skin :D but there is a problem when i start spin fps decreases and it causes miss spin :(
Topic Starter
Garin

Shiroe1472 wrote:

Really nice skin :D but there is a problem when i start spin fps decreases and it causes miss spin :(
i can't recreate this on my computer it works perfectly fine for me, i've only seen one other person with this problem i have no idea what causes it sorry :/
anafluke
for some reason, the spinners don't work well D:
Topic Starter
Garin

anafluke wrote:

for some reason, the spinners don't work well D:
yeah im aware of this i think i may have found what was causing it i'll upload a fixed version soon (20~ minutes or so)
Topic Starter
Garin
Okay just updated all the links please redownload and let me know if the spinner problem is fixed thanks!
Shiroe1472
It is same for me i think its not about spinner.If i start spin randomly it still lagging for me.Also thanks for trying to fix it.
Topic Starter
Garin

Shiroe1472 wrote:

It is same for me i think its not about spinner.If i start spin randomly it still lagging for me.Also thanks for trying to fix it.
hmm now im completely stuck D:

try setting lowresolution=1 in your osu config and try that
Shiroe1472
Nope i think problem is my laptop so i give up and can i change default skin slider and hit circle skin with yours?
Topic Starter
Garin

Shiroe1472 wrote:

Nope i think problem is my laptop so i give up and can i change default skin slider and hit circle skin with yours?
yes you can

.make a new folder in osu/skins/ folder called whatever you like
.copy the files you want from my skin into that folder (dont forget skin.ini!)
.go ingame and choose your new skin :D
Shiroe1472
Thank you so much for help. :D
Haskorion
I'm gonna put it like this. Since you are using uncompressed "real HD" images osu! loads the whole file (including all the saved fully transparent pixels) while loading a spinner. Your spinner-metre.png alone is 2,7MB in size and puts a much greater processing power into it as opposed to a compressed version with a size of 140KB of it. Since you didn't chose to compress most of your files all these transparent pixel values are saved and take too much disc space. Compressing some of the images results in removing most of the transparent values and drastically reduces file size. The skin size is around 84MB uncompressed. Compressed it would be aorund 35MB and puts less power into processing.

I'm not sure if I understood the compression process right but maybe this will help.

IF you are not sure I uploaded a compressed version of the spinner-metre and can check if you still encounter this problem:
Topic Starter
Garin

ReddScorn wrote:

I'm gonna put it like this. Since you are using uncompressed "real HD" images osu! loads the whole file (including all the saved fully transparent pixels) while loading a spinner. Your spinner-metre.png alone is 2,7MB in size and puts a much greater processing power into it as opposed to a compressed version with a size of 140KB of it. Since you didn't chose to compress most of your files all these transparent pixel values are saved and take too much disc space. Compressing some of the images results in removing most of the transparent values and drastically reduces file size. The skin size is around 84MB uncompressed. Compressed it would be aorund 35MB and puts less power into processing.

I'm not sure if I understood the compression process right but maybe this will help.

IF you are not sure I uploaded a compressed version of the spinner-metre and can check if you still encounter this problem:
wow i didn't even think about that /facepalm

thanks dude i'll upload a fixed version soon

Done! please redownload and let me know if its fixed (pls god be fixed)
Nameless
I damn love this skin to bits
Gotta love my Obsessive Miku Disorder
KinomiCandy

ReddScorn wrote:

Heeey, that's a spinner-metre I made for the Project Miku skin. :oops:
Topic Starter
Garin

KinomiCandy wrote:

ReddScorn wrote:

Heeey, that's a spinner-metre I made for the Project Miku skin. :oops:
:O i searched everywhere to find the source but could never find it, i've used this metre for a loooooong time.

you don't mind do you? i'll make sure to credit you and everything, thanks btw best spinner-metre ever :P <3
KinomiCandy

[Garin] wrote:

:O i searched everywhere to find the source but could never find it, i've used this metre for a loooooong time.

you don't mind do you? i'll make sure to credit you and everything, thanks btw best spinner-metre ever :P <3
I don't really mind, feel free to use it. :oops:
Topic Starter
Garin

KinomiCandy wrote:

[Garin] wrote:

I don't really mind, feel free to use it. :oops:
thanks dude u da best <3
Terroriser_old

[Garin] wrote:

crownlol wrote:

I can see the hitcircles in the map but ingame they're standard osu, same with the cursor. Not the first time I encounter this while DL:ing a skin that's only the .osk file. Is it on my end somethings fucked?
most of the elements are only in HD resolution so if you play in a resolution sub 1000x800 they won't work.

shhh i fixed dis
Wow your skin is just SUPER sorry that this final skin :(
Topic Starter
Garin
so i just noticed that in the last version i put out i accidentally put the wrong hitcircleoverlay in the skin folder so i just reuploaded with the original one.

i also chucked in my latest hit50/100/300's the old ones are in the "Extras/Old Stuff" folder if you want them back.

HOPEFULLY i won't have to change anything again /facepalm
Camii love
[color=#0040FF]

[Garin] wrote:

Shiroe1472 wrote:

hmm now im completely stuck D:

try setting lowresolution=1 in your osu config and try that
[color=#0040FF][[color=#0080FF][/[color=#8040FF][/co[color=#BF80FF][color=#4000BF]
Sophie33
It is amaizing Skin !!!!
Varfaizer
Comfortable and pleasant skin, thank you. But, there is one small question: I would like to see thumbnails on the songs, it can be done? In skin.ini written version 2 can be simply changed to 2.2? Or it will lead to bad consequences?
Topic Starter
Garin

Varfaizer wrote:

Comfortable and pleasant skin, thank you. But, there is one small question: I would like to see thumbnails on the songs, it can be done? In skin.ini written version 2 can be simply changed to 2.2? Or it will lead to bad consequences?
yeah you can change it to 2.2 but the thumbnails look ugly with my menu-button-background
Animebirdy
Yay I'm using this too. Too much kawaii :3
Hidaki
whi is the download link?
Looking4Llamas
This skin is a great replacement for my WWW skin. I got bored of it and this skin is amazing. :D :D :D
OtakuMaria
Does this work with CTB?
Sorry it doesn't show in screenshots cx :)
Topic Starter
Garin

OtakuMaria wrote:

Does this work with CTB?
no sorry, it's standard only ><
OtakuMaria

[Garin] wrote:

OtakuMaria wrote:

Does this work with CTB?
no sorry, it's standard only ><
oh, arigato ne~ ^w^
I also checked in The Completed Skin Compendium - updated 15/09/14 ~
Rogue
Best Skin Ever :D
Neemi
Thanks a lot. It's the best skin which saw :oops:
show more