forum

Do you take CTB into consideration when making a beatmap?

posted
Total Posts

Do you take CTB into consideration when making a beatmap?

Yeah, CTB's the most important part!
20.66%
Yes, but I put more effort into the osu part.
12.40%
Kinda, I take note of it, but it's not important to me.
12.40%
No I don't, whatever it's like after I make it, whatever.
54.55%
Total votes: 121
Topic Starter
aRiskOfRain
lol copypaste

Me, I don't at all.
bagnz0r
I choose: "Yeah, CTB's the most important part!"
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
bagnz0r

0_o wrote:

..how do you map for CtB??
Make sure to add lots of jumps. Don't use stacks.
anonymous_old

BagnoGamer wrote:

0_o wrote:

..how do you map for CtB??
Make sure to add lots of jumps. Don't use stacks.
Right.

I generally space my maps because it makes the map more fun for standard.

For CTB specifically, I usually just check to make sure my sliders are possible and not completely ridiculous. It's an afterthought, though.
Xgor
I always check out so there is no impossible jumps in it and is somewhat fun but i focus more on the osu! part. (so the second alternative for me :D )
MegaManEXE
I'm not going to get into how I feel about CtB but to put it simply, the answer is no, not at all.
abalee
i make all jumps horizontal :twisted:
Derekku
Not at all. I occasionally see how it looks in CtB, but nothing more. I may make some harder jumps now, though :twisted:
Faust
If I were to map, I'd put CTB my second priority. Unless, however, it's a CTB-only Difficulty.

If so then maybe I'd be a little more spontaneous and add a few tough note placings and sliders here and there. Jumps however, shouldn't be used too frequently. It may ruin the playing experience instead of making the map flow better with the music. And IF you are making a CTB-specific map, it's still no reason to place in ridiculously long jumps and crazy sliders.

The most important thing is to ensure playability as well as set the standard of skill required.

Sorry I sound so technical here ^ ^;
Shohei Ohtani
Even though I'm a CtB player, I never map considering CtB. I'm one of those who goes "omg must distance snap" and even use x2 sections for jumps :3~.
Arusha Shuna
i dunno :/

but since most of my friends play CtB so i'll take it to consideration
theplayerbeta
Kinda, I take note of it, but it's not important to me, I choose you! (?)