Total Posts
Topic Starter
McEndu

Players

1. heipizhu
  2. Dawns
9 to start.

Rules

1. Observe osu! community rules. The consequences of breaking this can go beyond the scope of this game.
  2. General:
    1. Do not discuss about this game outside this thread while it is ongoing.
    2. No users other than "alive" participants can post in the game thread.
    3. Do not quote any PMs sent to you by the moderator. This includes PMs made-up by the posting player. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
  3. Base mechanics:
    1. There are around 240 hours for the first day and around 168 hours for later days. Night last for around 48 hours.
    2. Public discussion during the night is disallowed.
    3. A player with night action can use their action by typing <ACTION>: <playername> in the appropriate channel.
    4. Players with night actions can change their target as many times as they wish during the first 36 hours of a night.
    5. Players that have access to a moderator-provided private thread can use their thread at any time.
  4. Voting:
    1. When voting, type "VOTE: <playername>" in bold face. Anything otherwise would not constitute a vote.
    2. Votes within quotes or spoiler tags would be ignored.
    3. Players can vote for No execution. Should more than 50% of players vote for this, the day will end without an execution.
    4. Type "UNVOTE" in bold face to remove your vote.
    5. Aliases for candidates are interpreted by the moderator when possible.
    6. When more than 50% of all players vote for a single player, no more votes or unvotes would register. The player with the most votes would be executed afterwards.
    7. If the day deadline is reached with no one reaching a 50% majority, no one will be executed.
  5. Activity:
    1. The player is encouraged post at least once every 24 hours during a day.
    2. A player may receive a prod 36 hours after their last post. Should the player remain inactive, they would be replaced in 24 hours.
    3. When a player received 2 prods during a single in-game day, or received more than 3 prods overall inclusive, the player would be replaced. This is not considered a force-replacement, and after the player posts, they may contact the moderator to cancel the replacement.
    4. A player may declare themself to be on vacation or have lost access to the internet; this is known as vacation/lost access, or V/LA. Players on V/LA would not receive prods and would not be considered missing.
    5. Any player that remains or will remain inactive for more than 7 days would still be replaced.
  6. Replacement:
    1. A player can request a replacement. Additionally, the moderator may force-replace a player to enforce the rules.
    2. Rules for determining missing players apply for players being replaced.
    3. If a player went missing while being replaced, the player is no longer considered missing after a replacement is found.
    4. Replaced players are treated as not in the game and cannot talk.
    5. A player slot is considered missing if it is being replaced and 5 days elapse without a replacement candidate. They are no longer missing once a player replaces in.
    6. A missing player is considered dead for calculating the number of votes required for execution. They are considered alive for all other purposes, able to be voted on and executed.
    7. All missing players are modkilled at the end of a game.
  7. Miscellaneous:
    1. Obfuscation, including post editing, steganography and any seemingly random text, cannot be used by anyone except the moderator.
    2. The moderator reserves the right to update the rules when loopholes, errors and obscurities are found. Players would be notified in the public thread when the rules change. Rule changes apply immediately upon edit of this post.
  8. Penalties on violation:
    1. Quoting PMs would result in a modkill.
    2. Violating other rules would result in a warning on the first two violations, and a force replacement on the third.
OVERDUSTFIVA
another one? seems this place is still popular
but I'm already in osu!mafia so I can't be /in lol
heipizhu
Auto /in when I'm dead here.
heipizhu
/in
Lunexia

OVERDUSTFIVA wrote:

Silly Overdustfiva, just play both!
heipizhu

Lunexia wrote:

OVERDUSTFIVA wrote:

Silly Overdustfiva, just play both!
I don't think OVERDUSTFIVA can join in another mafia game cause he will only be able to have access to the game on weekends ;(
heipizhu
Hmmm, it seems that the place is dead again?
Dawns
/in
heipizhu
Wow, we've got a new player!
Dawns
I'm old osu mafia player. Was curious how many ppl still played! Hope it can be revived orz
Topic Starter
McEndu
this thread has been dead (as well as my osu! community presence) for a long time
BluePyTheDeer_
man, what is happening here?
Topic Starter
McEndu
Literally...nothing. Most veterans went to the bigger forum instead
BluePyTheDeer_
F in the chat for Mafia
Amianki
it's been pretty dead for quite a few years now

I don't think it's truly coming back again lol
Topic Starter
McEndu

Amianki wrote:

it's been pretty dead for quite a few years now

I don't think it's truly coming back again lol
The last revival lasted until the last year, not really a dead for a few years situation imo

only problem is the forum meta being too lurky for a meaningful game near the end
Amianki
I mean, it's been at least three years since there was a consistent presence here for longer than a couple games at a time

and even then it didn't really have the same consistency that it did back in like 2013-2016 or whenever