forum

osu! Malaysia LAN Tournament @ AniManGaki2023

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jerry

Artwork by PollyDoggo

The osu! Malaysia community booth event will be happening in the AniManGaki2023 convention on 25-27th August in The Mines Convention Centre (MIECC)!

Several booth activities such as Daily Offline Score Rankings, Merchandise Giveaways and a LAN Tournament for all four gamemodes will be held across the three days of the event.

1. General Rules and Details
  • i. This is a single-elimination 1v1 LAN Tournament involving all four separate gamemodes: osu!, osu!taiko, osu!catch and osu!mania.

ii. ScoreV2 will be used with the Head-to-Head option.

iii. This is an open-ranked tournament.

iv. Only players with the Malaysian flag on their osu! profile are allowed to participate.

v. The tournament will start with an online Qualifiers stage for each mode to narrow down the participants into the Top 4, which will then be competing live during the AMG2023 event days starting from the Semifinals stage.

vi. The score format for the live bracket stages (Semifinals and Finals) are Best-of-13 (First to 7 points win).

vii. There will be a total of 4 matches for each mode throughout the event period (2 Semifinal matches, 1 Finals Third-Place Match & 1 Finals match)

viii. All matches within each mode will be wrapped up within a day.

ix. The lineup for each gamemode across the three days are:

• Friday (Day 1) - osu!catch
    • Saturday (Day 2) - osu!taiko & osu!mania
    • Sunday (Day 3) - osu!

x. The live bracket matches are estimated to commence on each day at 12PM UTC+8

xi. The osu!mania matches on Saturday are expected to commence after 3PM UTC+8

xii. Due to concerns with time constraints during the live event, warmups will not be allowed.

xiii. Players may sign up for multiple modes.

2. Registration Details
  • i. Registrations must be submitted through the google form linked above before 3rd August 23:59UTC+8

ii. Every gamemode category are open to ALL Malaysian players regardless of rank.

iii. You MUST join the Discord Server to be eligible for the tournament.

iv. You MUST ensure that you are able to attend the event before registering. In the event that you finish in the Top 4 but are unable to attend the event, PLEASE let any of the hosts know at least 1 week before the event dates.

3. Match Rules
  • i. The Top 4 players are required to be present at the times of their match. The specific schedules will be provided one week before the live match event.

ii. Should any players be unable to attend due to some unforeseen circumstances, please inform any of the hosts at least 1 week in advance.

iii. In the unfortunate event that any players are missing during the event date without any prior notice, any other player within the Top 8 of the Qualifiers that are present during the event can take their place.

iv. Banned maps and tiebreakers are not allowed to be picked throughout the match.

v. Each player will be given a STRICT MAXIMUM of 2 minutes to select their picks. If a pick has not been decided before the countdown timer ends, the map will be randomized with !roll.

vi. After a map has been decided, players will then have a maximum of 2 minutes to ready up before the referee forces a start.

vii. Lag is not a valid reason to restart a map.

viii. Players are allowed to bring their own mouse, keyboard or tablets to use on the event day. PCs will be provided.

ix. In the event of a tie in scores, the map will be played again without any points given to both players.

x. In the unlikely event that both players get a tied score two times in a row on the same map, the map will be nullified and another map needs to be picked by the other player.

xi. Failed scores will be counted.

xii. If both players reach match point, the tiebreaker map will be played.

xiii. Unexpected incidents will be handled by the referee or tournament hosts.

Registration Phase
25th July - 3rd Aug (23:59UTC)

Qualifiers Mappool Showcase (All Modes)
4th Aug - 5th Aug

Qualifiers Week (All Modes)
6th Aug - 12th Aug

AMG2023 Bracket Mappool Showcase
18th Aug - 19th Aug

AMG2023 LAN Tournament Event
25th Aug - 27th Aug
Day 1 - osu!catch
Day 2 - osu!taiko & osu!mania
Day 3 - osu!

🥇 First Place (For each mode)
Free 1-Day Ticket to AMG2023
o!MY@AMG2023 Exclusive Merchandises and Trophies

🥈 Second Place (For each mode)

🥉 Third Place (For each mode)

🏅 Fourth Place (For each mode)

Free 1-Day Tickets would depend on day of LAN for each mode
(eg. If you are in the Top 4 for taiko, you will get a free ticket for Saturday only.)

Your donation and support will help us bring in the best we can for this event, thank you!

>>DONATE HERE<<

All donations will be used to cover the booth running expenses from the artworks, decorations, equipment and merchandises. Any excess donations will go into the prize pool.

No profits will be made from the donations received.

The following benefits will be given to all donations above $2:
1. Your username written on the booth’s banner on the day of the event
2. Special role in the discord server
3. Access to the full cost sheet of the event

Hosts
Jerry, lous, Sagisawa Arisu, Kagari, Unicow, ERA Leon

Mappoolers
lous (osu!)
Jerry, cdh (osu!taiko)
Kagari, Lute (osu!catch)
Unicow, ERA Leon (osu!mania)

Statistician
Sagisawa Arisu

Graphic Designers
Jerry, Iyouka

Illustrator
PollyDoggo

Commentators
Looking for volunteers!

Referee
Looking for volunteers!

If you are interested in signing up as a staff for any of the available positions above, please sign up here!
Sagisawa Arisu
first
Lunasa
second
lous
あぇ
OkFriz
Hadir
Kzon
noice
decaykets
Hope all goes well <3. Have fun everyone!
faroux
nice i try join OSU! MALAYSIA
arfadm
wooo
law38204
owo
nelsonshd
can I join?
Wish_
gl to those who joining! Hope the event goes well
whoka
am very rusty :(