forum

How are the Glacierfall (Park Remix) and REDLIGHT (VIP) sliders made?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VortexumGamer
There are two maps that have been ranked recently, Glacierfall and REDLIGHT that have these sliders:

I know that they are created with Olibomby's Tumour Generator, but I can't figure out how the process has been automated. Anyone know how?
gummibar
its not actually tumour generator, these were made using olibomby's "mapping tools, found at https://mappingtools.github.io/. there's a tool in there called slider merger, which is the one used for these sliders. slider merger allows for the merging of sequential sliders and hitcircles to create one continuous slider. using the following settings allows for two continuous and slightly staggered streams of hitcircles to be merged into a shape that resembles the sliderbodies seen above.

here is a more in depth method.
for starters, draw two sliders.

set the beat snap divisor to 1/8, then stagger the second sliderhead so it is 1/8th later than the first sliderhead.

select one of the sliders.
select
you clicked on this? come on man, just make the slider orange

take a quick squiz at the very top menu bar, click on compose, then hit "Convert slider to stream...". alternatively, press ctrl+shift+f
convert slider to stream
honestly, i just dont want to put a picture for this one. im just doing these for theme at this point. hope this step gives you no trouble

click on "By object count", then set the number decently high. You want to balance it between being alot of hitcircles and not having to use above 10xSV for the end result. remember what number you use. keep in mind, when using this tool you can set the number above whatever the max is by clicking in the text box, selecting a number, then hitting enter.

repeat for the second slider. for best results, use the exact same "By object count"

select the whole stream, then run slider merger.
end result

yikes lmfao. okay heres a different one.
Topic Starter
VortexumGamer
Oh, I never thought that I could use the slider merger this way. I forgot it could also connect hitcircles together.

This was very in-depth and helpful, thank you so much for your help!