forum

osu! Battle Royale 3! Open Rank [regs closed!] (BADGED TOURNAMENT (probably :3))

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_11633961

IT'S TIME AGAIN!

Registrations | Spreadsheet | Discord

1. Top 256 players after qualifiers are put in to 16 lobbies of 16 players
  2. Scoring will use Score V2 and NF enforced
  3. The player with the lowest score after each map gets knocked out of the lobby and is officially out of the tournament (not applied for qualifiers)
  4. All lobbies that aren't the final lobby will have the top 4 players move on to the next round
  5. The final round will have 2 Tie Breakers (one played at 9 players left and the final one played at the final 2)

ALL MATCHES WILL START BETWEEN 15 AND 17 UTC ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS
If EVERY player in a lobby agrees to reschedule to another time, then and ONLY then will a reschedule be made.
(this only applies to bracket rounds and this is to make sure as many players as possible can play!)

1. Registrations: March 28th - April 25th 0:00 UTC
  2. Qualifiers: May 7th - May 10th (week long break to let osu! Staff do screenings)
  3. Quaterfinals: May 15th - May 16th
  4. Semifinals: May 22nd - May 23rd
  5. Finals: June 5th - June 6th

Battle Royale Mechanic:
The way this works is that the player with the lowest score after each map gets knocked out of the tournament. This of course doesn't apply for during qualifiers.

Registrations:
To register, click on the hyperlinked "REGISTRATIONS" text at the top of this post and fill out the form! (don't forget to leave a comment here to keep this post at the top of the listing :3)

Qualifiers Procedure:
Players will sign up for a lobby during the 2 weeks after registrations end. The end of the second week (Friday to Monday) is were players will play each map. If a player is late to the start of the qualifier match they're allowed to play the maps they missed at the end of the lobby. If a player misses their qualifier match they're allowed to reschedule to another time. There will be 4NM/2HD/2HR/2DT. Seedings are calculated by adding together each players' placement on each map. The player with the lowest sum of placement (it's like golf) will be seeded the highest.

BWS:
Badges will be used to calculate BWS ranks. Though this will not affect the number of registrants accepted as this is an open rank tournament! Here is the formula we're using:

Bracket Rounds:
As stated above, the Battle Royale mechanic will be used here. The top 4 players of each lobby will move on to the next round. There will be 3 rounds in total: Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals. The Finals will be of course were the winner is decided! QF and SF have 5NM/2HD/2HR/2DT/1TB and the Final round has 6NM/2HD/2HR/3DT/2TB

Attendance:
If one or more player isn't able to make it to the match or doesn't show up, that amount of maps will not have a player knocked out. For example: 2 players missed a match. All maps will still be played but the first two will not eliminate anyone. This is to keep things as fair for everyone as possible (in terms of getting warmed up).

Map Ordering:
Each round's pools will be played in a predetermined order. The order will be chosen by the playtesters and announced to the players at the beginning of each week. Generally the order will be easy maps to start, stupid hard maps in the middle, and then hard maps at the end (may change in the future).

Mappools:
Enough people have asked questions about how the mappools will work that I have decided to add another section! All rounds will have their own dedicated pools (you can see how many picks of each mod there are in the prior sections). The NM1 star ratings of each pool are the following (and if you're interested in o!BR2's mappools click here):
Qualifiers - 6.6*
Quarterfinals - 6.8*
Semifinals - 7.1*
Finals 7.5*

TBs are freemod but no mods will be forced (except NF)! EZ will get a 1.5x multiplier!

WOW POGGERS HOLY COW PRIZES
FIRST PLACE:
Badge and $50 USD

(pending ofc)
Second Place:
$25 USD
Third Place:
$15 USD

IF YOU'D LIKE TO SUPPORT THE PRIZE POOL DONATE HERE
Any support is much appreciated and in no way do you have to donate <3

this tournament wouldn't be possible without the help of our amazing staff!

1. Hosts/Admins: HitomiChan_ | Kosetsu
  2. Sheeters: HitomiChan_
  3. GFX: HitomiChan_
  4. Poolers: HitomiChan_ | headstack | Kurashina Asuka | Tekkito | xChillin
  5. Playtesters: Tekkito | headstack | xChillin | ChomikBox | KyoouN | Kosetsu | Akiba
  6. Streamers/Commentators: HitomiChan_
  7. Referees: __Naru__ | Flapczek | Noether | JohnyC_Giant | Remissys | pauloreb28 | HitomiChan_ | HR Farmer | Tonatious | Akiba | Kosetsu
If you'd like to help out as a ref/streamer (we need streamers!) don't feel shy to fill out this form! Playtesters and Commentators are also welcome to apply if they'd like (though technically if you're a player and you'd like to commentate just let me know on discord and we can work things out)!
Miku Hatsune
Let's go!
clx
WICKED
hike
poggers
Remissys
hmmmm yes
Merkury
Pog
ColoursOfLife
Epic