forum

Help! I don't know which sound of this song should beatmapped

posted
Total Posts

Which sound should be included in this map?

Vocal + guitar
0.00%
vocal + drum
25.00%
guitar + drum
75.00%
Total votes: 4
Topic Starter
WesleyWK
HI, I really like this song, so I would like to beatmap it, and I hope it can be ranked.
but I really dont know which sound should be mapped, either the vocal, guitar sound or drum sound.
hope somebody can give me idea. I try to beat this map as 4k.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqJI4pOe0h4
WitherMite
I'm still new to mapping but I don't think that's how you should be looking at it, different parts of a song have different instruments as the main focus, and it changes throughout a song. Don't just pick one or two instruments to follow for the whole song, especially if you're mapping mania, you can map multiple different instruments at the same time. The answer is really all of them but usually not all at the same time, map whatever makes for a fun beatmap.

to answer your question though, all three, with an emphasis on drums and guitar, since you're mapping for mania and the vocals are not as rhythmically interesting as those instruments.

also, don't try to get your first map ranked, its not worth the effort.
Zelzatter Zero
I think you should know the term "filler rhythm", which is switching rhythm choice depends on certain sections. e.g. You tend to follow vocal/melody in calm parts and drums in intense part.

And yeah, it's up to your preference, but in order to make the map not boring to play, I suggest NOT just following one rhythm unless you're experienced and you know what exactly you're doing and what you're aiming to.
Topic Starter
WesleyWK
Thank you guys, those tips and options are useful to me. Thanks alot !