The last song played when closing osu!
28.40%
A random song (current behaviour).
71.60%
Total votes: 81
Polling ended
Topic Starter
peppy
I have always felt like this behaviour is a bit weird, and would personally like to change it.
VelperK
I'm okay as it is now because sometimes the song reminds me of something for example, and that's a lot of help for my crappy memory xD
BlackGear
The last song played when closing osu may be benefit more since it's almost impossible to find a specific song when once you just close the osu but hearing a nice unknown song.....
James2250
I find it much more interesting to have a random song play every time at startup. It can also remind me of songs that I haven't heard in a long time but still enjoy listening to/playing.
Andrea
I find it fine the way it is, to be honest.
NoHitter

Andrea wrote:

Same here.
TimeWalker
I like it more with random songs because with loads of Beatmaps, sometimes a few hidden gems can suddenly appear which I have to play.
Shiro
Although it's fine the way it is now, I can see the other option being useful. I'd personnally like it more because that would mean I don't get harassed by some random song I probably don't even like right when launching the game. Also, since I've been spending most of my time mapping lately, that would bring me directly to the mapset I was making.
Vish024
I prefer the current behaviour but I think it'd be useful to add an option to choose which one the user prefers.
lolcubes

Andrea wrote:

Same here.

How about a toggle which would give ability to select a song you want osu! to play on startup? When disabled it just has the current behaviour.
edit: hivemind @lavolpe haha
Stefan

BlackGear wrote:

The last song played when closing osu may be benefit more since it's almost impossible to find a specific song when once you just close the osu but hearing a nice unknown song.....
Then you should notice the Artist & Song name somewhere (e.g. in a Word Document, etc.)

The current setup is fine, because to listen at random songs on startup can give a better chance to discover nice and interesting songs for yourself.
Ekaru
I used to regularly leave osu! on overnight just so it'd stay on a specific song, so I would actually like it to be changed to the last song. :P
Sakura
I would prefer either the last song or an option to choose which song i want it to play, mostly because that way i dont have to find the song i was listening to last time everytime i open osu!
iMGoLD
Sometimes when i leave osu is for ragequits or something like that so i'll prefer the random song xD
XenoWarrior
Preferably random song on start-up. :)
Kert
Both can be useful
But I rarely need to remember what song I played last
Voted for current behaviour
Aurele
Seems to be perfect the way it is.
amnesia-
It's already fine.
Voted for the current one.
[Luanny]

Gabe wrote:

Seems to be perfect the way it is.
jabberwockey
It's fine now, sometimes I forget what I downloaded and random songs sometimes remind me :>
show more