forum

osu!core (April Fools')

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
Nightcore is a genre of pop remix where the music is made higher pitched. In the spirit of progress, and due to the huge popularity of this genre within the community, we have decided that every beatmap in the osu! repertoire should be Nightcore. The BAT all love Nightcore and have discussed this idea thoroughly. We have reached a consensus that this would be in the best interest of the community and would make osu! more enjoyable to a wider audience. To this end, I have automatically converted all of your beatmaps into Nightcore for your enjoyment.

Since there are thousands of ranked beatmaps, most of this had to be done automatically. While the formula isn't perfect, BAT members have expressed their enthusiasm for the new sound. It is most certainly a step up in quality, and should make osu! a more entertaining experience for our players.

Note:
Because this upgrade can make some of the beatmaps difficult to play, you can disable osu!core on a map by disabling DoubleTime in mod select. It will be enabled on the next map you pick, so you can experience it as intended. Keep in mind that Reset All Mods will turn it on, not off.
KRZY
Awesome idea. This will certainly take osu! to the next level. Keep it up MM201.
Guy-kun
Totally not April Fools
Shiirn
Fuck yes.
aston_old
Need an on-off switch for this :D
Rokodo
Excellent. Can't get enough Nightcore.
Luna
This should add flashing SBs to all maps as well, for the authentic Nightcore feel!
Mismagius
Don't forget to auto-google search anime BG girls and put them on the maps to have a even more authentic feel!
Darkimmortal
Not sure if troll

If not, I am ok with this.
jjrocks
This is going to be amazing.
Firo Prochainezo
Totally a wonderful idea.
K2J
God damn time zones.
NachokSnake
yay!
awesome idea! i love the nightcore maps :D
akrolsmir
I see April Fools has hit the international community already.

Although the osucore picture is quite nice. Starred!

After they change it back, I hope Nightcore stays as an option for mod. In the Special zone, but still allowing score submissions, like NoVideo. Selecting it automatically enables DoubleTime and gives that bonus, as well as doubling the song speed.
KIA
окау
Vanmonky
Finally Nightcore!

Waiting for osu!hou :3
RemixRave
This is gonna be a thing, I can tell -___-'
Well tiem to get my glow sticks.
PockyOtaku
+1 Confirm awesomeness :)
warriorjan
lol all songs nightcore, that will officially take more then a few hours totally not Apr fools :)
OzzyOzrock
HOLY SHIT YES THIS IS AMAZING
show more