forum

[Editor] Pressing Arrow keys on selected beat(s) moves by 1

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
This request is simple. When distance snap is disabled, I'd like to be able to move selected beats by using the arrow keys. Why, may you ask? While working on a particular beatmap, I've found it quite difficult to align beats EXACTLY using the mouse. I'd like this so that I have a little more control over beat placement, and not having to rely on steady hands in order to get things just right.

I guess if this were to be implemented it'd be logical for it to move beats by 1 <whatever grid level the mapper is using> or 1 osu unit if grid snap is disabled.

Comments, flames, reasoning would be appreciated.
anonymous_old
With a modifier key (e.g. shift), definitely.
Gabi
you gotta have some shakey hands., neutral on this.
Jinxy

Gabi wrote:

you gotta have some shakey hands., neutral on this.
This, and stop mapping to 1/8 with a high BPM.
ouranhshc

Gabi wrote:

neutral on this.
Gens
Flash moves shapes/symbols 1 pixel to a specific direction with the arrow keys. I once thought it would be the same for osu!. :|
Obvious support. Would be very handy.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

JInxyjem wrote:

This, and stop mapping to 1/8 with a high BPM.
I map in 1/8th? News to me :D
Dusty

Azure_Kyte wrote:

1 osu unit if grid snap is disabled.
YES! +1 support.

I've sometimes moved sliderpoints 1 osunit up/down to make more symmetrical sliders. It's hard to do that without moving it left/right also...
Derekku
It would help with my obsessive compulsive perfectionist ways when mapping. Perhaps if one tries to move a beat around with distance snap but it's out of distance snap's range, then the button could glow red like it does some other times.
Jinxy
Oh you mean on grids. I thought it was on the snap :/
TheVileOne
BUMP

Please do so.