forum

Humble Indie Bundle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ph0X
http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Pack with 5 indie game, and it's pay as much as you want.
The current average donation is at 8$, which is impressive considering all the people who pay 0.01$
Loginer
I already have one of those (World of Goo), so I don't really think it's worth the money.
Ephemeral

Loginer wrote:

I already have one of those (World of Goo), so I don't really think it's worth the money.
I'd buy Penumbra if it was on sale for a cent.

Which it is, so I just bought it.
qlum
It won't accept payments of $0.00
a cent is to expensive for me lol
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Wow, you people are horrible.

I already own WoG, yet I paid 20$ for this.
Not for the games, but because I respect indie developers who aren't selfish Bastards
*cough* Activision *cough*
awp
shiiiit that looks like pretty good stuff I am kind of cheap though and will likely only pay 10-20

paid ~15.5 dollars; exactly double what the current average was. It looks as if you could just post a key here though and just let everyone download. Or share the downloaded files.

Though I do admit that pirating indie games is an extremely douchey thing to do.
Loginer
I just bought the bundle. For a cent. With an empty virtual debit card that actually expired eons ago. Does this make me a thief, or just a massive douchebag?
Pokebis

Loginer wrote:

I just bought the bundle. For a cent. With an empty virtual debit card that actually expired eons ago. Does this make me a thief, or just a massive douchebag?
Both.
awp
It's annoying that people bitch about horrible developer practices (DRM etc) and then don't respect developers that do try to address this problem.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

awp wrote:

It's annoying that people bitch about horrible developer practices (DRM etc) and then don't respect developers that do try to address this problem.
That.
Also, I have nothing about pirating indie games. I actually do pirate sometimes when they are overpriced and that I'm not sure if they are actually good or not. I do end up buying them if I enjoy it though.

There are many indie games out there that are quite overpriced, like Machinarium that goes for 20$, compared to like Winterbottom that was only 5$. Which is why I like these "Pay as much as you want" since I can give the amount I think the game is actually worth.
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

hmmm....

Your contribution supports the amazing Child's Play charity and Electronic Frontier Foundation.
I think I vote giant douchebag
Loginer
A free copy of Samorost 2 has been added to the bundle, and is also available for download to everyone who's already bought it. Only two days left now, so hurry up and download it before it's too late.
Remco32
Bought it for $5.
Triplicity
"One-quarter of Humble Indie Bundle downloads were pirated"
Bitches and whores, you know that? Bitches. And. Whores.
Azure_Kite

Remco32 wrote:

Bought it for $5.
Loginer

ThreeLeafIvy wrote:

Wow, now that's cheap. Did they share links, or are they talking about torrents etc.?

Also, I actually tried the games the other day. Aquaria seems great so far, and might convince me to dig out $10 after all. Penumbra is the other good game in this bundle (not counting World of Goo, which everyone should have by now), and the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen in an indie game.

Gish is clever and unique, but a lot about it feels really half-assed (menus are terrible, soundtrack gets repetitive quickly, grammatical errors everywhere). Lugaru is shit. Samorost 2 is entertaining, but far too short. Post your opinions.
Bestelle

Loginer wrote:

ThreeLeafIvy wrote:

Wow, now that's cheap. Did they share links, or are they talking about torrents etc.?
Downloaded from their server, wasting their bandwidth. They even said "If you're going to pirate then use torrents". lol
Pokebis
Here's the sauce for all the real Piracy info with an in-depth analysis of it. Someone posted it on /v/ and said we should waste more of their bandwidth. The whole thing was an experiment, so yeah:
http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Saving- ... die-Bundle

Also,
OPEN SOURCE
They're releasing each game's source code to the public except for World of Goo (the one I wanted the most :( ) so we can screw around with it. Looks like they're releasing the game assets with it so they're basically giving you the games for free now anyways. Lugaru HD's code is already released and someone compiled it to Win32 already. ('Twas linux)
So, yeah, if I had the means I would have donated $50 or more. Too bad I am an unemployed child with no means of money transaction OTI.
nardii
Paypal + bank account = bad excuse.
Pokebis

nardi11011 wrote:

Paypal + bank account = bad excuse.
No source of income + restricting parents = legitimate reason
show more