forum

Nekomata Master - Smile of Split [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Stefan

Gabe wrote:

wat.

Why it can't be approved? It's still a challenging map.
It's not about challenging (anymore). It's more that the Song could have easier Diffs too.
ztrot
my two cents, I personally saw this happen in dragons and I felt as if it was cut for app, I would like to see other diffs but I wouldn't hold it back if this was the mappers intent.
Get back to me after this is sorted out I have something for you.
Seph
charles i wub u long time
Topic Starter
Charles445
Talked with the team. Looks like this can go for approval again.
Mercurial
wub wub
MMzz
What happened to "Special Cases" for some Approval songs?
And this was pre new approval rule, we're not having another o'er the flood.
Topic Starter
Charles445

MMzz wrote:

What happened to "Special Cases" for some Approval songs?
And this was pre new approval rule, we're not having another o'er the flood.
I think the idea was that it wasn't bubbled before the rule (although it was submitted).
Regardless, it looks like this can go for approval again, so it shouldn't be a problem to bubble/approve
Ephemeral
Restoring my bubble
mancuso_JM_
Hi!, Time for a little Check..

[General:]

- Your Standard Diff (Insane), is still in osu! format v9, you should update again and transform the file in V10. On the other hand, your Taiko diff is in format v10 but it is missing the Artist Unicode and Title Unicode, you should inclued them because it is unrankable I guess.
- Tags: Add MittenMasterzz because he has ranked GD with this name..

As I said before little check, looking some things. I'll recheck after you fix this.
Topic Starter
Charles445

mancusojuanmattos wrote:

Hi!, Time for a little Check..

[General:]

- Your Standard Diff (Insane), is still in osu! format v9, you should update again and transform the file in V10. On the other hand, your Taiko diff is in format v10 but it is missing the Artist Unicode and Title Unicode, you should inclued them because it is unrankable I guess.
- Tags: Add MittenMasterzz because he has ranked GD with this name..

As I said before little check, looking some things. I'll recheck after you fix this.
Fixed the file format and metadata, did not change tags as mitten hasn't included those tags for any of his new maps.
Thanks for the check!
mancuso_JM_
Discussed somethings over IRC
Everything looks good to me now
MAT Bubble #1 (FOR APPROVAL)
Topic Starter
Charles445
Alright back to bubble 1 again. Some metadata got changed, may or may not require a redownload.
Zare
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this to go for Approval, as it is a great map, but some people will most likely complain and ask the following question:

Why exactly is this an exception to the "Marathon maps only"-rule? The map is not that hard tbh, and easier diffs would be mappable theoretically.

Srsly, I'm really just curios, I don't want to offend anyone.
Topic Starter
Charles445

Zarerion wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this to go for Approval, as it is a great map, but some people will most likely complain and ask the following question:

Why exactly is this an exception to the "Marathon maps only"-rule? The map is not that hard tbh, and easier diffs would be mappable theoretically.

Srsly, I'm really just curios, I don't want to offend anyone.
The rule is very likely going to be cleared up after this map is approved. It's a gray area right now, which explains the differing opinion on this map.
ztrot
01:08:180 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - fucking stack these D:
Topic Starter
Charles445

ztrot wrote:

01:08:180 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - fucking stack these D:
I toooold you these are inteeeeentional for people to have to be caaaareful it's purposeful aaaaanti flow
lolcubes
[Taiko]
Soft hitsounds should get changed (already alerted MMzz about it).
A long break which will most likely get mapped (^).

:<

v Checked the below and it's awesome. Upload and lets do this.
MMzz
lolcubes
Yeah that works.

Lets do this again, #1.
Topic Starter
Charles445
And so continues the vicious cycle of bubbles.
Let's get to two!
Kawayi Rika
I have checked this map ~ Really fun map ~

Yay ~ Bubble #2 ~

Topic Starter
Charles445
Oh, wow, alright then! Thanks a lot!
Niva
Uhm, sorry Charles, the map is great and no problems, but after rethinking of it for some time I *still* not feel really confident to approve this (due to it's somewhat in a 'gray area' as you said above) ._.

Please kindly take my stars instead (I'm not popping the bubble though), support Nekomata Master songs~ xD

SPOILER
...one thing I can mention is perhaps moving the 'Smile of Split' text more to the left so it'll look more balanced, but it's veeeeeeeeeeery minor orz (and current Taiko BG has no problem actually ._.)

Sorry again Charles >_<
Topic Starter
Charles445

Niva wrote:

Uhm, sorry Charles, the map is great and no problems, but after rethinking of it for some time I *still* not feel really confident to approve this (due to it's somewhat in a 'gray area' as you said above) ._.

Please kindly take my stars instead (I'm not popping the bubble though), support Nekomata Master songs~ xD

SPOILER
...one thing I can mention is perhaps moving the 'Smile of Split' text more to the left so it'll look more balanced, but it's veeeeeeeeeeery minor orz (and current Taiko BG has no problem actually ._.)

Sorry again Charles >_<
Understandable that you're worried about it. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for the stars!
Sync
played for the 100th time

really solid map like usual, nothing wrong or unrankable

the background sucks though

AR-3

APPROVED
lolcubes
Gz.

Fun fact, this whole page has only 1 non-staff member post so far.
Flanster
gratz Charles! :3

LOL gg kjubz
LQA20Ans
Congratulation!!!
KRZY
Heh...I don't know about this map. I love how you are once again unique in your mapping style, but I'm kinda wondering "why" to the style you've chosen to use for this music. If I were to have mapped this, I'd have used far less hitcircles and aimed for a more typical Insane. That, and the hitsounds feel overly loud for 03:29:926 and after. Guess there's nothing wrong with trying things though. Feedback after it got appproved, I know, but as someone who enjoys playing your maps I hope it helps in your future mapping.
kriers

lolcubes wrote:

Gz.

Somebody make Zarerion a MAT. That would be legendary!

Congratz Charles! :)
Seph
AW YIS BBY CHARLES

GRATS <33
Konei
Fantastic map o3o

Gratz ~
Topic Starter
Charles445

KRZY wrote:

Heh...I don't know about this map. I love how you are once again unique in your mapping style, but I'm kinda wondering "why" to the style you've chosen to use for this music. If I were to have mapped this, I'd have used far less hitcircles and aimed for a more typical Insane. That, and the hitsounds feel overly loud for 03:29:926 and after. Guess there's nothing wrong with trying things though. Feedback after it got appproved, I know, but as someone who enjoys playing your maps I hope it helps in your future mapping.
Thanks for the feedback! You're right, there were a bunch of circles (kriers was talking about that a few months ago actually).
As for why I did this again, I was feeling quite silly and wanted to make something hard in the same way as Byakuya Gentou.
I'm not sure about the hitsounds - I think a lot of PCs play sound differently, so I'll need to look into that.

map threads should all have feedback like this, this is what mappers need
vipto
More flames :)

Gratz
wendao

vipto wrote:

More flames :)

Gratz
Cyclohexane
FINALLY

my god
Aurele
Congratulation~
Stefan
*gasp* happy that you had Success with the Map, but can't say that I am happy that it's approved.
Pereira006
Congratz !
love this map
Zare

kriers wrote:

lolcubes wrote:

Gz.

Somebody make Zarerion a MAT. That would be legendary!
Oh wow yes please

anyways, congratz Charles, as I said, awesome map :3
I really hope the rule will be "cleared up" asap as you said though
show more