forum

Field of View - Kawaita Sakebi

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toonypie
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 7:49:58 PM

Artist: Field of View
Title: Kawaita Sakebi
Source: Yu-gi-oh! The Shadow Games
Tags: shadow games yugioh Kawaita Sakebi
BPM: 115.7
Filesize: 7009kb
Play Time: 01:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Yami (3.01 stars, 96 notes)
  2. Yugi (2.05 stars, 71 notes)
Download: Field of View - Kawaita Sakebi
Download: Field of View - Kawaita Sakebi (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
7/23/10. My first beatmap! I hope everyone enjoys this japanese song. EDIT 1: Added Yami and Yugi difficulty. EDIT 2: Fixed some overlapping notes and fixed some timing. (Sorry for the constant edits.)

7/25/2010. EDIT 3. Removed annoying beep at start and reduced file size. Fixed some major placement and timing issues. EDIT 4: Added new video to Yami diff too. EDIT 5. Fixed postioning and added some hitsounds. EDIT 6: Fixed some small timing errors.
If you downloaded before 7/25/10, redownload!

I'm hoping to get this song approved.
(and hopefully ranked)
subarasikibuta
my love~
Colin Hou
[General]:
  1. omg, a BG of 320x240 pixels... try to find a better one plz.
  2. the timing is terribly wrong, get a timing help. I'm not good at it. Use this queue for help: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=13795
Do not kds this post, thx.

*I'm afraid you should better learn more about the Beatmap Editor.
Topic Starter
Toonypie

Colin Hou wrote:

[General]:
  1. omg, a BG of 320x240 pixels... try to find a better one plz.
  2. the timing is terribly wrong, get a timing help. I'm not good at it. Use this queue for help: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=13795
Do not kds this post, thx.

*I'm afraid you should better learn more about the Beatmap Editor.
Done.
Garven
As per your request:

[General]
Find a higher quality MP3. This one is too low quality to be ranked.
Your BG is awful. Find a higher-quality one.
Set your offset to 3116 so the metronome is at least on the right beat.

Um, well, check my user page. I have some general mapping tips that will probably help you out in getting this rolling.

There are a lot of spacing inconsistencies and the like. Also, tbh, the slider velocity and distance snap is WAY too low. It's not very fun just kind of, well, not moving the cursor at all.

Also, keep the Kiai sections the same throughout your own difficulties.

Call me back what you make a bit more progress and I'll see what I can help you with.
Tatsuo
Okay.. You should have followed Garven's advice... I can't really mod this due to how the beatmap is in it's current state, but I can sure give you advice.

[Overall]
You should have the song name as Field of View (TV Size), since this is indeed a TV Size song.
I also noticed that there are multiple timing sections in this song... Which can be really difficult for a beginner mapper like you.
What I noticed is that there is a BPM change right before your first Kiai time, and you being a beginner mapper, shouldn't have to deal with multiple timing sections like that.
I'm currently trying to work on getting those timing sections for you.

[Yugi]
This seems to be your easiest difficulty, considering it has 2 stars.
What I highly suggest you do is wipe this difficulty completely and remap.
You should use these settings for an easy difficulty:
Biggest circle size
3 HP Drain
3 Overall Difficulty.
Have your slider velocity set to at least 1.
Have your distance snap divisor set to at least 1.0x
With that, you should be able to make this difficulty more fun and playable.

[Yami]
This would seem to be your normal difficulty since it has three stars (and from looking at it)
You should CLEAR this difficulty and start over.
First off, Set the circle size to the second biggest, which would be one tick to the left.
Maybe you could set the HP Drain down one tick, if you wanted.
The slider velocity NEEDS to be higher on this difficulty. I suggest 1.5
Have the distance snap divisor at least 1.0x
I'm sure you would be able to make a fun and playable normal difficulty with these settings.

[A bit more advice]
I notice that you were mapping to the lyrics mostly, if not all the time.
You should be mapping to some of the lyrics, and some of the background music, that way you can keep your beatmap flowing and fun.

That's basically all, I can't give a star given the state of your beatmap right now, but maybe soon I will be able to. Just keep working on your beatmap and I'm sure you will be able to make this a capable map! :D
Topic Starter
Toonypie

Garven wrote:

As per your request:

[General]
Find a higher quality MP3. This one is too low quality to be ranked.
Your BG is awful. Find a higher-quality one.
Set your offset to 3116 so the metronome is at least on the right beat.

Um, well, check my user page. I have some general mapping tips that will probably help you out in getting this rolling.

There are a lot of spacing inconsistencies and the like. Also, tbh, the slider velocity and distance snap is WAY too low. It's not very fun just kind of, well, not moving the cursor at all.

Also, keep the Kiai sections the same throughout your own difficulties.

Call me back what you make a bit more progress and I'll see what I can help you with.
I've done the offset and am currently repositioning most of my hit objects.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding at better mp3 of this same version still.

I_Tatsuo_I wrote:

Okay.. You should have followed Garven's advice... I can't really mod this due to how the beatmap is in it's current state, but I can sure give you advice.

[Overall]
You should have the song name as Field of View (TV Size), since this is indeed a TV Size song.
I also noticed that there are multiple timing sections in this song... Which can be really difficult for a beginner mapper like you.
What I noticed is that there is a BPM change right before your first Kiai time, and you being a beginner mapper, shouldn't have to deal with multiple timing sections like that.
I'm currently trying to work on getting those timing sections for you.

[Yugi]
This seems to be your easiest difficulty, considering it has 2 stars.
What I highly suggest you do is wipe this difficulty completely and remap.
You should use these settings for an easy difficulty:
Biggest circle size
3 HP Drain
3 Overall Difficulty.
Have your slider velocity set to at least 1.
Have your distance snap divisor set to at least 1.0x
With that, you should be able to make this difficulty more fun and playable.

[Yami]
This would seem to be your normal difficulty since it has three stars (and from looking at it)
You should CLEAR this difficulty and start over.
First off, Set the circle size to the second biggest, which would be one tick to the left.
Maybe you could set the HP Drain down one tick, if you wanted.
The slider velocity NEEDS to be higher on this difficulty. I suggest 1.5
Have the distance snap divisor at least 1.0x
I'm sure you would be able to make a fun and playable normal difficulty with these settings.

[A bit more advice]
I notice that you were mapping to the lyrics mostly, if not all the time.
You should be mapping to some of the lyrics, and some of the background music, that way you can keep your beatmap flowing and fun.

That's basically all, I can't give a star given the state of your beatmap right now, but maybe soon I will be able to. Just keep working on your beatmap and I'm sure you will be able to make this a capable map! :D
Thanks, this is my first beatmap, so I'm learning what I need to get this to a good state.

I'm remapping most of my normal difficulty right now, but, I'll do what you said about the difficulty settings and the lyrics + BG music mix.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.