posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lyaneii
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 9 juli 2016 at 18:10:59

Artist: BoA
Title: MASAYUME CHASING (Speed Up Ver.)
Source: Fairy Tail
Tags: フェアリーテイル 보아 Chasing Dreams Opening 15 Sayonara Trance J-Pop Nightcore TV Size Short Fairy Tail Speed Up
BPM: 150,9
Filesize: 2339kb
Play Time: 01:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Overdose (4,89 stars, 229 notes)
  2. Platter (2,76 stars, 201 notes)
  3. Rain (3,69 stars, 232 notes)
  4. Salad (2,07 stars, 133 notes)
Download: BoA - MASAYUME CHASING (Speed Up Ver.)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Lalala Lalalala Lalala Lala He-He!
All difficulties are done by me!
Thanks to the maptesters/modders
JBHyperion(Mod)
Revialink(Mod)
RoseusJaeger(Mod)
Murutattack(Mod)
Ascendance(Mod)
N a k o
Haarashi
Crab
Alcina
xAmas0n
Kateusus
xDarkon
Nitsches
Razor Sharp
Thanks to Gero for letting me use his mp3 file for this beatmap!
Gero's Mapset: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/214667
JBHyperion
You took a look at REDALiCE - Acceleration for me a while back so I'm here to give a little help in return. Sorry for being so late! D:

General Comments:

1. Song Folder: No issues
  2. Song Setup: No issues
  3. Metadata: Salad-Raid diffs have no tags - copy the tags from the Overdose to all diffs
  4. Timing: Overdose and Raind end at a different time to the other two diffs - end the spinner in all diffs at 01:05:301 on the downbeat
  5. Hitsounds: soft-hitclap and soft-hitclap3 have over 5ms of delay at the start, which is unrankable. Here's a version without the delay - beep
  6. AImod: Unsapped objects in the Platter diff - 00:11:425 (2,4,5,1) - Possibly because you changed slider velocity at some point. Please resnap these objects

Difficulty-Specific Comments:

Salad
  1. 00:00:093 (1,1,1,1) - These sliders should each end 1/2 a beat earlier on the red tick to match the piano sounds
  2. 00:11:226 - 00:25:341 - The note density here is too high for a Salad which can make it very difficult for new players. Compare this to the second half of the song where you used more long sliders and pauses, which is more fitting and comfortable to play for new players. Try reducing the note density here to match what was used in the second half of the song
  3. 00:17:190 (5,1,1) - Try to leave more space between objects and spinners, especially when the objects are not at the centre of the play field. Reacting to spinner patterns and then back to notes can easily break combo if inadequate time is given for the player to read upcoming patterns. Same applies for other spinners such as 00:23:751 (4,1,1) -
  4. 00:51:484 (3) - If you listen closely, you'll hear that the second beat here is actually at 00:51:683 - on the blue tick, so you should replace this 1/4 slider with two circles instead. Applies to similar such as 00:53:075 (3) -
  5. 01:01:922 (1) - Spinner should probably start on the downbeat 1/2 later, as this marks the start of the last stanza of music

Platter
  1. 00:17:389 (4,1,1) - Same issue as in Salad, try to leave a little more spacing between notes and spinners, at least until you get to Rain level.
  2. 00:23:154 (3,4,1) - Jump placement is odd here, since the strong sound is (1) with the finish and not (4). Emphasis in your patterns should compliment the song, so normally you want to make jumps to the stronger sounds so it feels better to play. This is just one example - you can go through each pattern and see if jumps are placed correctly or missing yourself
  3. 00:40:649 (4) - Try splitting this into two circles like you do at 00:47:011 (2,3,4) -, since the slidertail is a really strong sound so you could do with putting more distance between these. Having strong sounds on slider tails really takes away their emphasis and leaves the map feeling awkward to follow
  4. 01:03:611 (4,5) - 1/4 hyperdashes are not allowed in Platters with BPM greater than 120. This is just one example, but you'll need to go through and either reduce the distance to make them regular dashes, or change your rhythm to give a 1/2 hyperdash instead
Apart from the spinner distances and 1/4 hyperdashes, this is actually a pretty nice diff. Well done!

Rain
  1. 00:08:641 (2) - Why is this a 1/4 kickslider when you didn't have one at either of 00:07:051 (2) - 00:07:051 (2) - ? I'd just keep this as a single circle, it seems pretty forced
  2. 00:12:319 (5,6) - Another example of misplaced jumps providing wrong emphasis. Notice how you have hyperdash to a weak sound (5), but then the strong sound (6) is just sat in the middle of a stream with very little movement? Try moving (5) next to (4), so the hyperdash is to (6) instead. Can be applied in other places too once you know what you're looking for
  3. 00:17:389 (1,1) - Note to spinner distances can be shorter in Rain difficulties, but spinner to note should still have more spacing to avoid annoying misses. Remove 00:18:979 (1) to make this more readable
  4. 00:25:043 (7,1) - Try putting a 1/4 dash between these two groups of 4 notes to make this a little more challenging, it will play quite nicely
  5. 00:27:926 (2,3) - Watch out for edge jumps! These are close to becoming a hyperdash and the strong spacing is very unexpected here. Please reduced these kinds of distances to regular jumps, or, if they warrant it, make them hyperdashes
  6. 00:47:210 (3,4) - Try to move the endpoint of the hyperjump away from the wall a little - strong hypers can force the catcher against the wall which is likely to destabilize players and make them miss
  7. 00:53:273 (6,1,2) - Hypers between these objects would play really nicely and add some variety to this intense kiai section. Can be applied to 00:59:635 (6,1,2) - and some others if you wish
  8. 01:02:420 (4,1) - Why isn't there a hyperdash between these groups of 4 like you had at 00:50:092 (4,1) - ? They should be consistent since they are mapping the same thing

Overdose
  1. 00:18:383 (3,4,5,6) - Overmapped - Remove (4,6) as there are no sounds in the music to support this stream
  2. 00:41:047 (5,6,1) - (4,5) are the strong clap sounds here, so it's weird for (6) to have even more spacing. This would be better as a normal dash, similar to what you have at 00:47:409 (5,6) -. Applies to similar such as 00:44:228 (5,6) -
A few similar things from the Rain you can apply here, but otherwise not too bad

This was a pretty general overview so I didn't go into nitpicky placement of flow stuff too much, as it's important you get the biggest things out of the way first before you start polishing small stuff. Hopefully this is helpful to you, but if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Good luck! (:
Froskya
Hi!~ Random Mod :D
General

1. From Tags delete "Speed Up Fairy Tail Chasing フェアリーテイル 보아"
  2. Delete "Widescreen Support"
  3. 01:03:810 (1) - cut in all diffs to 01:04:904 (don't forget delete next timing points)
  4. You can choose one bg from -Nya-'s map (check folder)
  5. Maybe in Salad not good using red ticks, because that hard for amateurs?

Good Luck~ :)
Topic Starter
Lyaneii

JBHyperion wrote:

You took a look at REDALiCE - Acceleration for me a while back so I'm here to give a little help in return. Sorry for being so late! D:

General Comments:

1. Song Folder: No issues
  2. Song Setup: No issues
  3. Metadata: Salad-Raid diffs have no tags - copy the tags from the Overdose to all diffs
    Added all tags to the diffs, thanks for pointing that out.
  4. Timing: Overdose and Rain end at a different time to the other two diffs - end the spinner in all diffs at 01:05:301 on the downbeat
    I don't see where they end different from the other ones, because they all end on the same point, but the unfortunate part is that I can't put the spinner on the downbeat as the mp3 ends earlier than that point. It just snaps the slider end to that point, ignoring the changes that have been made.
  5. Hitsounds: soft-hitclap and soft-hitclap3 have over 5ms of delay at the start, which is unrankable. Here's a version without the delay - beep
    Thanks for providing the hitsound, I don't usually notice the delays in sounds.
  6. AImod: Unsapped objects in the Platter diff - 00:11:425 (2,4,5,1) - Possibly because you changed slider velocity at some point. Please resnap these objects
    Resnapped them.

Difficulty-Specific Comments:

Salad
  1. 00:00:093 (1,1,1,1) - These sliders should each end 1/2 a beat earlier on the red tick to match the piano sounds
    Matched the end with the piano sound.
  2. 00:11:226 - 00:25:341 - The note density here is too high for a Salad which can make it very difficult for new players. Compare this to the second half of the song where you used more long sliders and pauses, which is more fitting and comfortable to play for new players. Try reducing the note density here to match what was used in the second half of the song
    Removed and switched up a bit of the notes.
  3. 00:17:190 (5,1,1) - Try to leave more space between objects and spinners, especially when the objects are not at the centre of the play field. Reacting to spinner patterns and then back to notes can easily break combo if inadequate time is given for the player to read upcoming patterns. Same applies for other spinners such as 00:23:751 (4,1,1) -
    Changed the spaces of some(not all) of the spinners, because I feel like for example this 00:35:083 (4,1) - It fits the beat and otherwise the spinners become too short which kind of catches you off guard.
  4. 00:51:484 (3) - If you listen closely, you'll hear that the second beat here is actually at 00:51:683 - on the blue tick, so you should replace this 1/4 slider with two circles instead. Applies to similar such as 00:53:075 (3) -
    Changed this part up, I already had a bit of trouble mapping those sounds, so thanks for pointing that out.
  5. 01:01:922 (1) - Spinner should probably start on the downbeat 1/2 later, as this marks the start of the last stanza of music
    Moved the slider to 01:02:120 (1) -

Platter
  1. 00:17:389 (4,1,1) - Same issue as in Salad, try to leave a little more spacing between notes and spinners, at least until you get to Rain level.
    Reduced spinner ends by 1/2 beat.
  2. 00:23:154 (3,4,1) - Jump placement is odd here, since the strong sound is (1) with the finish and not (4). Emphasis in your patterns should compliment the song, so normally you want to make jumps to the stronger sounds so it feels better to play. This is just one example - you can go through each pattern and see if jumps are placed correctly or missing yourself
    The strong switch in the voice is actually between (3) and (4), the finish on (1) is just the start of the snare part which I always have used for every other difficulty.
  3. 00:40:649 (4) - Try splitting this into two circles like you do at 00:47:011 (2,3,4) -, since the slidertail is a really strong sound so you could do with putting more distance between these. Having strong sounds on slider tails really takes away their emphasis and leaves the map feeling awkward to follow
    I agree, changed the slidertails to two circles.
  4. 01:03:611 (4,5) - 1/4 hyperdashes are not allowed in Platters with BPM greater than 120. This is just one example, but you'll need to go through and either reduce the distance to make them regular dashes, or change your rhythm to give a 1/2 hyperdash instead
    I changed the ending to a regular dash.
Apart from the spinner distances and 1/4 hyperdashes, this is actually a pretty nice diff. Well done!

Rain
Finally after almost one month :D I am going to apply this mod.
  1. 00:08:641 (2) - Why is this a 1/4 kickslider when you didn't have one at either of 00:07:051 (2) - 00:07:051 (2) - ? I'd just keep this as a single circle, it seems pretty forced
    I tried to build the intensity down 00:06:057 (3,4) - by reducing those notes at 00:08:641 (2) and 00:10:232 (2) in each beat, so I won't change it.
  2. 00:12:319 (5,6) - Another example of misplaced jumps providing wrong emphasis. Notice how you have hyperdash to a weak sound (5), but then the strong sound (6) is just sat in the middle of a stream with very little movement? Try moving (5) next to (4), so the hyperdash is to (6) instead. Can be applied in other places too once you know what you're looking for
    The reason why I put that hyperdash there was because of the sound gap in between the two snares 00:12:021 (4) - and 00:12:319 (5) - , although I know what you try to suggest, but I couldn't find a solution to make it look nice when I tried your suggestion, it just looked very dull as a single note right there. I would change it to your suggestion if I could find a solution for it whilst keeping the pattern good-looking.
  3. 00:17:389 (1,1) - Note to spinner distances can be shorter in Rain difficulties, but spinner to note should still have more spacing to avoid annoying misses. Remove 00:18:979 (1) to make this more readable
    I moved the spinner end back to 00:18:582 so you have a 3 tick gap instead of a 1 tick gap, I kept 00:18:979 (1) because there are vocals at that moment.
  4. 00:25:043 (7,1) - Try putting a 1/4 dash between these two groups of 4 notes to make this a little more challenging, it will play quite nicely
    It indeed plays nicer, I changed it to two groups like you said and put a hyperdash inbetween it.
  5. 00:27:926 (2,3) - Watch out for edge jumps! These are close to becoming a hyperdash and the strong spacing is very unexpected here. Please reduced these kinds of distances to regular jumps, or, if they warrant it, make them hyperdashes
    Yep, thanks for pointing that out. It is barely reachable so I reduced the jump a bit.
  6. 00:47:210 (3,4) - Try to move the endpoint of the hyperjump away from the wall a little - strong hypers can force the catcher against the wall which is likely to destabilize players and make them miss
    I agree, moved the hyperjump a bit back.
  7. 00:53:273 (6,1,2) - Hypers between these objects would play really nicely and add some variety to this intense kiai section. Can be applied to 00:59:635 (6,1,2) - and some others if you wish
    I totally agree, I didn't make it as intense because it would've upped the stars by alot, which people have told me that it was bad to have that amount of stars on a rain map, so I changed it with some hypers at 00:53:273 (6,1,2) and also 00:59:635 (6,1,2)
  8. 01:02:420 (4,1) - Why isn't there a hyperdash between these groups of 4 like you had at 00:50:092 (4,1) - ? They should be consistent since they are mapping the same thing
    That is true, however I didn't want to make the player fail at the very end because of the difficulty of those streams, so I tried to make a buildup less stronger there. But since they are the same thing I just turned them into a hyperdash between those two groups like you said.

Overdose
  1. 00:18:383 (3,4,5,6) - Overmapped - Remove (4,6) as there are no sounds in the music to support this stream
    Replaced the stream with sounds matching the kicks instead of a full stream.
  2. 00:41:047 (5,6,1) - (4,5) are the strong clap sounds here, so it's weird for (6) to have even more spacing. This would be better as a normal dash, similar to what you have at 00:47:409 (5,6) -. Applies to similar such as 00:44:228 (5,6) -
    Fixed all the spacings.
A few similar things from the Rain you can apply here, but otherwise not too bad

This was a pretty general overview so I didn't go into nitpicky placement of flow stuff too much, as it's important you get the biggest things out of the way first before you start polishing small stuff. Hopefully this is helpful to you, but if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the mod!! :) :)

Good luck! (:
Topic Starter
Lyaneii

Revialink wrote:

Hi!~ Random Mod :D
General

One major thing, it is hard for me to respond to your feedback as you don't give an explanation for everything.
  1. From Tags delete "Speed Up Fairy Tail Chasing フェアリーテイル 보아"
    Deleted the tags. Although you could explain why I should do that, clears things up for me.
  2. Delete "Widescreen Support"
    Idk why I even checked that box, removed the check.
  3. 01:03:810 (1) - cut in all diffs to 01:04:904 (don't forget delete next timing points)
    Spinner in CTB are quite important, so I wouldn't stop the spinner at that point already, seems too short to me.
  4. You can choose one bg from -Nya-'s map (check folder)
    There is nothing wrong with this background? And I don't like to take someone else's background.
  5. Maybe in Salad not good using red ticks, because that hard for amateurs?
    CTB has different standards for every difficulty, the ticks don't as long as it follows the rythm, difficulty is more of a thing in the spacing.

Good Luck~ :)
DeletedUser_6709840
Only give kudos if helpful.

General

- Uncheck "widescreen support" on all diffs in "Design" in "Song Set Up" since you don't have a storyboard. Make sure because it's showing up in mine.
- Feels like it needs a Cup diff to balance out AR 7 Salad but that's only a suggestion because Salad itself has some patterns that are hard to read.

Salad

00:17:389 (1) - This spinner feels unnecessary when you can use a long slider.
00:23:949 (1) - ^ Just use a slider and adjust the volume of the hitsounds for it.
00:46:613 (2,3,4,5) - Hard to read for a salad diff because of the jumps back and forth between (2) and (3).
00:57:548 (2,3,4) - ^ the jumps from (2) to (3) and from (3) to (4) are a little disorienting.
01:00:828 (2,3,4) - ^ same
01:02:120 (1) - Feels like it's way early. It should be started at 01:03:711 and some more notes should be mapped before it.

Platter

00:06:355 (5,1) - There doesn't need to be an h-dash pattern there because the beat doesn't seem strong enough to really trigger one.
00:17:588 (1) - Not really nessecary, could be replaced with a long slider.
00:26:931 (1) - I hear beats that could be mapped instead of using a spinner or use a long slider.
00:43:432 (2,3,4,5,6) - Lots of sashing back and forth and it gets hard to play, even for a platter.
00:49:397 (1) - I personally think you would replace this with a simple stream with the volume set low. In other words, the spinner doesn't seem necessary.

Good luck with your map and I hope I was helpful.
Topic Starter
Lyaneii

RoseusJaeger wrote:

Only give kudos if helpful.

General

- Uncheck "widescreen support" on all diffs in "Design" in "Song Set Up" since you don't have a storyboard. Make sure because it's showing up in mine.
Thanks for explaining that, I unchecked it.
- Feels like it needs a Cup diff to balance out AR 7 Salad but that's only a suggestion because Salad itself has some patterns that are hard to read.
I don't think it needs a cup, 4 difficulties is already enough and a cup difficulty doesn't seem to fit in the song

Salad

00:17:389 (1) - This spinner feels unnecessary when you can use a long slider.
That part seems too long to use a slider, I kept it as a spinner, however ↓
00:23:949 (1) - ^ Just use a slider and adjust the volume of the hitsounds for it.
The spinner seemed disorienting because it was so short, so I changed that into a slider instead.
00:46:613 (2,3,4,5) - Hard to read for a salad diff because of the jumps back and forth between (2) and (3).
It is hard for me to judge whether the salad difficulty is too hard or not, so thanks for pointing those things out. I just noticed that it looks like a quite hard jump now. I reduced the jump a bit.
00:57:548 (2,3,4) - ^ the jumps from (2) to (3) and from (3) to (4) are a little disorienting.`
I see what you mean, I reduced the jumps a bit of (2) and (3) and a tiny bit of (3) and (4).
01:00:828 (2,3,4) - ^ same
That jump didn't seem disorienting, it is an easily reachable zigzag jump for salad players
01:02:120 (1) - Feels like it's way early. It should be started at 01:03:711 and some more notes should be mapped before it.
I felt like it was going to be too much if I mapped further, but I think you are right, so I mapped some notes and moved the slider way out.

Platter

00:06:355 (5,1) - There doesn't need to be an h-dash pattern there because the beat doesn't seem strong enough to really trigger one.
That beat is actually strong enough to trigger a hyperdash, didn't change
00:17:588 (1) - Not really nessecary, could be replaced with a long slider.
Long sliders are not necessary at those places, it doesn't add anything special to that point, seems way too long to add a slider instead of a spinner.
00:26:931 (1) - I hear beats that could be mapped instead of using a spinner or use a long slider.
I hear it too, mapped that part instead of a spinner right there.
00:43:432 (2,3,4,5,6) - Lots of sashing back and forth and it gets hard to play, even for a platter.
That zigzagging adds a bit of challenge to that platter, not that hard to play, but challenging enough for the player.
00:49:397 (1) - I personally think you would replace this with a simple stream with the volume set low. In other words, the spinner doesn't seem necessary.
Replacing that with a stream is unnecessary, as it adds no difference to the diffculty, just another unnecessary forced path to follow. So I put a spinner there for free movement and also score difference in the leaderboards.

All in all, I found your mod-post helpful in the beginning, but in the platter it seemed more of a personal preference rather than actual errors, I still really appreciate your mod-post, so thank you :).

Good luck with your map and I hope I was helpful.
Moeruattack
Yo from #quickmod request (notreally 4 day pending rip)

Disable Widescreen support on all difficulty, since other modder mention it lol.

Salad
00:03:273 (1) - I think I prefer if you add movements in this section, like CTRL+G this slider and move to x:32 to create flow slider movements.
00:15:798 (4) - Move to x:224, I think because the movements kinda anti-flow in here when you need to catch 00:15:997 (1).
00:19:178 (1) - Ctrl+G this slider and move end point slider to x:128 y:176, make a bit > shaped slider.
00:32:697 (2) - CTRL+H then move to x:176
00:37:468 (1,2,3,1) - - Maybe this kinda hard since you need to dash all of this pattern, making it a bit more like Platterish diff.
00:41:047 (4) - A bit left to x:448
00:43:830 (3) - Ctrl+G then move to x:296 or x:328 (need dash to catch), anti-flow salad pattern might be tricky for new players.

On Salad diff, I think the final part kinda a bit hard for Salad (sudden 1/4 pattern) as it increase like +0.1SR only on this section but since no one mentioning it, maybe need to consider a bit lesser with using 1/4. as example like this timeline :

Other, seems fine anyway :)

Platter
00:01:683 (1,2) - Try Ctrl+H, it adds movements instead of similar pattern like previous.
00:06:355 (5) - Do not use H-Dash on this kind of BPM for platter. Cause I remember that only 120bpm or below can use H-Dash 1/4 for Platter. Try move this notes to x:272 if you like the soundings.
00:15:599 (5) - Doesn`t seem necessary to make dash on low upbeat sound, try move to x:376.
00:32:697 (3) - Maybe if you can try to make a bit slope instead of straight, that will be interesting :)
00:34:287 (3) and 00:34:685 (4) - Do Ctrl+G on each slider, maybe this slider kinda a bit hard when there`s multiple dash pattern coming from (1) (2) and (4). If did apply this through, move the 00:35:083 (5) also to x:400 to make H-Dash.
00:37:468 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Read below v
00:38:163 (4) - Same issues as 00:06:355 (5). Maybe try make streams more like this, if you can do.
Here
If don`t know, maybe like this : (1) to x:128, (2) to x:80, (3) to x:80, (4) to x:128 then next combo : (1) to x:208, (2) to x:256, (3) to x:304, and (4) to x:352.

00:51:782 (1) - Move a bit to x:296, make stream more curved :)
00:53:373 (1) - You can even make this a H-Dash, move this to x:120. And move the 00:53:770 (2) to x:304.
00:58:939 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Kinda awkward flow slider. Maybe try make S pattern stream, like this example : Here 01:00:132 (2) maybe move a bit more right to make h-dash if you did apply this mod.

01:02:120 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - I think the stream kinda weird, since it like stream but only left curved stream, try make a bit like this. If don`t know then...Kinda long to type but here:

(1) to x:184, (2) to x:144, (3) to x:144, (4) to x:184
then (1) to x:304, (2) to x:344, (3) to x:344, (4) to x:304
then (1) to x:184, (2) to x:144, (3) to x:128, (4) to x:160.
Lastly (1) to x:304, (2) to x:344, (3) to x:360, (4) to x:312 and (5) to x:160
(I did the notes based on Combo order)

01:03:711 (5) - New Combo

Overall, streams need a bit improvements, but probably this mod might help a bit.

Rain
00:27:528 (1,2) - Try sloping this both straight slider, make the 00:27:528 (1) end slider to x:224 y:288. Then 00:27:926 (2) to x:472 y:240. Make a bit varieties.
00:39:755 (6) - Move this note to x:376 to make > shaped instead.
00:44:128 (4) - Similar issues like ^. Try move to x:376.
00:51:782 (1) - Play more H-Dash in this rain diff, move this one to x:328 and set the end slider to x:240 y:112.
00:52:180 (2) - Move this to x:48 and set the end slider to x:128 y:48.
00:56:951 (3) - Such a high upbeat but this slider just awkward to play. Try set end slider to x:80 y:112 to make H-Dash in this section.
01:01:325 (1) - Move a bit right to x:320, make a bit flow to play this section.
01:01:723 (2) - Move this one to x:128, since fixing up here to make H-Dash.

I think Rain is nice :)

Overdose (Maybe I a bit weak at modding this)
00:49:794 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Too hard to catch this. Nerf a bit distance, but keep the pattern.

I think Overdose need a bit more 1/4 notes, as for example, starting on 00:38:263 (1), there`s a lot of 1/2 pattern, you can Convert slider to stream if you like it via Ctrl+Shift+F. But if can`t, maybe keep it.

Its done 8-)
Feel free to PM if any help wanna request :)
Ascendance
Hey there. Since you modded my overdose, I'll take a look at yours as well.

[
General
]

Tags
  1. Your tags are inconsistent across all diffs, be sure you fix that.
Metadata
  1. Good!
Spread/Other
  1. ok
Hitsounds
  1. nice~

[
Overdose
]

General

1. Maybe you could try silencing the slider ticks at the beginning here? They kinda feel out of place, so silencing them would bring a more natural feel to the song.
  2. 00:00:093 (1,2) - Not a fan of these hdashes, since the emphasis doesn't really feel apparent when you play them. I think lowering this, and the other ones similar to this at the beginning, to a standard dash rather than an hdash, would be really much better.
  3. 00:14:804 (2,3,4) - Really harsh distance here, it's easy to miss 3 if you leave 2 too late. I'd try moving 00:15:202 (3) - to x:192.
  4. 00:15:997 (1) - Having a near vertical slider near the wall plays a bit odd imo, try moving it to x:480 and then making it more horizontal.
  5. 00:32:299 (2,3,4) - These are pixel dashes, and they're REALLY not recommended for usage, although they are allowed. If you want to make it an hdash pattern, you can move 00:32:498 (3) - to x:208. If you don't, you can obviously move 3 to reduce grids instead.
  6. 00:33:492 (1,2) - Inconsistency here, you've had an hdash to the noise on 2 at every other part except here.
  7. 00:49:794 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - no need for the NC spam here, you can just keep this all 1 combo. The constant splashing of fruit could be too distracting anyways
  8. 00:52:876 (2,3) - Add an hdash for consistency with the previous pattern?
  9. 00:57:647 (2,3) - Same here, seems that the hdashes become inconsistent near the end, you might wanna go through and fix a few.

Overall, the difficulty was pretty nice! I don't agree with some of the overmapped parts, but that's a stylistic thing that I can't force you to change. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Lyaneii

murutattack wrote:

Yo from #quickmod request (notreally 4 day pending rip)

Disable Widescreen support on all difficulty, since other modder mention it lol.
Salad
00:03:273 (1) - I think I prefer if you add movements in this section, like CTRL+G this slider and move to x:32 to create flow slider movements.
Yep, changed it.
00:15:798 (4) - Move to x:224, I think because the movements kinda anti-flow in here when you need to catch 00:15:997 (1).
You're right, moved it to x:224.
00:19:178 (1) - Ctrl+G this slider and move end point slider to x:128 y:176, make a bit > shaped slider.
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5571389, changed it to this instead.
00:32:697 (2) - CTRL+H then move to x:176
Changed it, flows much better
00:37:468 (1,2,3,1) - - Maybe this kinda hard since you need to dash all of this pattern, making it a bit more like Platterish diff.
Yep, you are completely right. Changed it to http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5571410
00:41:047 (4) - A bit left to x:448
Hard to reach, so I changed it to your suggestion.
00:43:830 (3) - Ctrl+G then move to x:296 or x:328 (need dash to catch), anti-flow salad pattern might be tricky for new players.
Yep, changed it.
On Salad diff, I think the final part kinda a bit hard for Salad (sudden 1/4 pattern) as it increase like +0.1SR only on this section but since no one mentioning it, maybe need to consider a bit lesser with using 1/4. as example like this timeline :

Well, the flow seems fine, it isn't that hard of a pattern at all actually(atleast it seems for me), it requires no dash at all so... No change for now until others mention it.

Other, seems fine anyway :)

Platter
00:01:683 (1,2) - Try Ctrl+H, it adds movements instead of similar pattern like previous.
Yep that does add movements, changed it.
00:06:355 (5) - Do not use H-Dash on this kind of BPM for platter. Cause I remember that only 120bpm or below can use H-Dash 1/4 for Platter. Try move this notes to x:272 if you like the soundings.
Okay, changed it.
00:15:599 (5) - Doesn`t seem necessary to make dash on low upbeat sound, try move to x:376.
I tried to make some movement to match those kicks, else it just seemed too dull.
00:32:697 (3) - Maybe if you can try to make a bit slope instead of straight, that will be interesting :)
Yep, changed it.
00:34:287 (3) and 00:34:685 (4) - Do Ctrl+G on each slider, maybe this slider kinda a bit hard when there`s multiple dash pattern coming from (1) (2) and (4). If did apply this through, move the 00:35:083 (5) also to x:400 to make H-Dash.
Mehh, I put these two sliders like that because they are supposed to match the same kind of sound, so they should face the same direction.
00:37:468 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Read below v
00:38:163 (4) - Same issues as 00:06:355 (5). Maybe try make streams more like this, if you can do.
Here
If don`t know, maybe like this : (1) to x:128, (2) to x:80, (3) to x:80, (4) to x:128 then next combo : (1) to x:208, (2) to x:256, (3) to x:304, and (4) to x:352.
Changed it to this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5571554
00:51:782 (1) - Move a bit to x:296, make stream more curved :)
Yep looks better now.
00:53:373 (1) - You can even make this a H-Dash, move this to x:120. And move the 00:53:770 (2) to x:304.
Murut, I think you are drunk, because that doesn't make a H-Dash XD... Changed it to https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5571582
00:58:939 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Kinda awkward flow slider. Maybe try make S pattern stream, like this example : Here 01:00:132 (2) maybe move a bit more right to make h-dash if you did apply this mod.
Murut, go home you are drunk... I changed the pattern to https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5571633
01:02:120 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - I think the stream kinda weird, since it like stream but only left curved stream, try make a bit like this. If don`t know then...Kinda long to type but here:

(1) to x:184, (2) to x:144, (3) to x:144, (4) to x:184
then (1) to x:304, (2) to x:344, (3) to x:344, (4) to x:304
then (1) to x:184, (2) to x:144, (3) to x:128, (4) to x:160.
Lastly (1) to x:304, (2) to x:344, (3) to x:360, (4) to x:312 and (5) to x:160
(I did the notes based on Combo order)
Changed it.
01:03:711 (5) - New Combo
Changed.
Overall, streams need a bit improvements, but probably this mod might help a bit.

Rain
00:27:528 (1,2) - Try sloping this both straight slider, make the 00:27:528 (1) end slider to x:224 y:288. Then 00:27:926 (2) to x:472 y:240. Make a bit varieties.
Alternated the directions a bit
00:39:755 (6) - Move this note to x:376 to make > shaped instead.
Changed it, flows much better.
00:44:128 (4) - Similar issues like ^. Try move to x:376.
^
00:51:782 (1) - Play more H-Dash in this rain diff, move this one to x:328 and set the end slider to x:240 y:112.
Changed it to H-dash.
00:52:180 (2) - Move this to x:48 and set the end slider to x:128 y:48.
Since I did a little bit different up there, I can't apply this.
00:56:951 (3) - Such a high upbeat but this slider just awkward to play. Try set end slider to x:80 y:112 to make H-Dash in this section.
Changed it to H-dash.
01:01:325 (1) - Move a bit right to x:320, make a bit flow to play this section.
Yep, changed it.
01:01:723 (2) - Move this one to x:128, since fixing up here to make H-Dash.
Changed it a bit.

I think Rain is nice :)

Overdose (Maybe I a bit weak at modding this)
00:49:794 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Too hard to catch this. Nerf a bit distance, but keep the pattern.
Nerfed the distance a bit while keeping the pattern.
I think Overdose need a bit more 1/4 notes, as for example, starting on 00:38:263 (1), there`s a lot of 1/2 pattern, you can Convert slider to stream if you like it via Ctrl+Shift+F. But if can`t, maybe keep it.
Mehh, I am keeping it.

Its done 8-)
Feel free to PM if any help wanna request :)
Topic Starter
Lyaneii

Ascendance wrote:

Hey there. Since you modded my overdose, I'll take a look at yours as well.

[
General
]

Tags
  1. Your tags are inconsistent across all diffs, be sure you fix that.
Fixed that.
Metadata
  1. Good!
Spread/Other
  1. ok
Hitsounds
  1. nice~

[
Overdose
]

General

1. Maybe you could try silencing the slider ticks at the beginning here? They kinda feel out of place, so silencing them would bring a more natural feel to the song.
    Good idea, silenced the slider ticks.
  2. 00:00:093 (1,2) - Not a fan of these hdashes, since the emphasis doesn't really feel apparent when you play them. I think lowering this, and the other ones similar to this at the beginning, to a standard dash rather than an hdash, would be really much better.
    I think the standard dash is too easy for this part, it isn't really that challenging for an overdose difficulty.
  3. 00:14:804 (2,3,4) - Really harsh distance here, it's easy to miss 3 if you leave 2 too late. I'd try moving 00:15:202 (3) - to x:192.
    It is hard for me to spot those distances because I can't really play overdose, so thanks for pointing that out, changed it.
  4. 00:15:997 (1) - Having a near vertical slider near the wall plays a bit odd imo, try moving it to x:480 and then making it more horizontal.
    Yep, changed it.
  5. 00:32:299 (2,3,4) - These are pixel dashes, and they're REALLY not recommended for usage, although they are allowed. If you want to make it an hdash pattern, you can move 00:32:498 (3) - to x:208. If you don't, you can obviously move 3 to reduce grids instead.
    Fixed all of it.
  6. 00:33:492 (1,2) - Inconsistency here, you've had an hdash to the noise on 2 at every other part except here.
    Yep, changed it to hdash and flipped the rest like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5571880
  7. 00:49:794 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - no need for the NC spam here, you can just keep this all 1 combo. The constant splashing of fruit could be too distracting anyways
    I just thought that NC could also help HP drain a bit if you missed some parts of that stream, kept it as 1 combo.
  8. 00:52:876 (2,3) - Add an hdash for consistency with the previous pattern?
    Added a hdash.
  9. 00:57:647 (2,3) - Same here, seems that the hdashes become inconsistent near the end, you might wanna go through and fix a few.
    My hdashes become incosistent because I always have been pointed out on the star rating of my beatmaps, so at the end I try to reduce it everytime. Fixed the hdashes.

Overall, the difficulty was pretty nice! I don't agree with some of the overmapped parts, but that's a stylistic thing that I can't force you to change. Good luck!
SYAHME
M4M.
[General]
  1. All diff Object's end is not snapped! - 01:05:254.
  2. Current BG size - 1365x768, please fix to 1366x768.
  3. Please unchecked widescreen support - Salad, platter & Overdose.
  4. All diff pattern should be polish more & make sure the flows is flow well.
[Salad]
  1. 00:04:864 (1) - this is kinda awkward when this slider different than previous one, although it's seems repetitive but it's the wise movement.
  2. 00:12:816 (1) - Ctrl + G this & move 00:13:214 (2) - this to x:120.
  3. 00:14:804 (2,3) - this is much better if you can make a reverse slider, more suitable & make sure to make it horizontal.
  4. 00:17:190 - there's strong beat here & 00:17:389 (1) - start the spinner 00:17:588 - here.
  5. 00:35:083 (4,1) - this is salad diff so the gap between note and spinner must be 1/1 beat snap divisor.
  6. 00:36:872 - why not you make this consistent with the earlier part like 00:11:425 (2,3) - this.
  7. 00:38:263 (1) - this pattern not suitable for this kind of flows, please Ctrl + H & put back at the same place.
  8. 00:48:999 (3,1) - this is salad diff so the gap between note and spinner must be 1/1 beat snap divisor.
  9. 00:51:186 (2) - why not you lengthen this slider tail until strong beat 00:51:385 - here, much better.
  10. 00:52:975 - there's strong beat here.
  11. 00:54:566 - there's strong beat here.
  12. 00:57:548 (2) - why not you lengthen this slider tail until strong beat 00:57:747 - here, much better.
  13. 00:59:337 - there's strong beat here.
  14. 01:00:927 - there's strong beat here.
  15. 01:03:313 (4,1) - this is salad diff so the gap between note and spinner must be 1/1 beat snap divisor.
[Platter]
  1. 00:27:130 - there's strong beat here, maybe you can make this slider into reverse slider.
  2. 00:31:106 - same like above.
  3. 00:46:216 - same like above.
  4. 00:48:601 - same like above.
  5. 00:56:554 - same like above.
  6. 01:03:711 (1,1) - make sure the gap between note & spinner 1/2 in platter.
  7. 00:47:409 (4,1) - please reduce the distance between these notes, its so hard to catch.
  8. 00:50:987 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - 00:52:578 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - 00:54:168 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - 00:57:349 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - 00:58:939 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - 01:00:530 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - I think you can make a little variety to this stream, its a little boring.
[Rain]
  1. 00:01:285 (3,3,3) - I'm not sure about this, it's kinda overmapped to me because I can't hear any beat here.
  2. 00:17:389 (1) - drag this spinner until 00:18:780 - here because you can hear a beat here.
  3. 00:26:931 (4) - make a reverse slider to emphasize strong beat inside this slider.
  4. 00:35:381 (2) - overmapped?
  5. 00:39:755 (6) - overmapped?
  6. 00:44:128 (4) - overmapped?
  7. 00:46:017 (5) - make a reverse slider to emphasize strong beat inside this slider.
  8. 00:48:403 (3) - same like above.
  9. 00:56:355 (2) - same like above.
  10. 01:03:711 (5,1) - make sure the gap between note & spinner 1/2 in rain.
  11. I don't want to go in detail about the pattern but make sure to check especially at the beginning, kiai is okay to me.
[Overdose]
  1. 00:01:285 (3,3,3) - same as rain.
  2. Consider to check again the notes, to me there's notes that unnecessary to map like above. You need a lot of work to make the pattern looks good. Sometimes you have to experience playing overdose to make this diff, IMO.
Good luck on ranking this.
SYAHME
I want my M4M.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.