forum

The Ultimate Osu Challenge. Experts only. (MAX FOREVER)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, February 06, 2009 at 12:55:22 PM

Artist: DM Ashura
Title: MAX FOREVER
BPM: 300
Filesize: 8117kb
Play Time: 05:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Challenge (4.72 stars, 415 notes)
  2. Test (5 stars, 236 notes)
  3. Insane (4.84 stars, 743 notes)
  4. Test (4.72 stars, 415 notes)
Download: DM Ashura - MAX FOREVER
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
BACK FROM THE GRAVE. NEW MINDFUCKS, NEW DIFFICULTY SETTINGS, NEW MAP.
FULL-COMBO-ABLE.
I've FC'ed each individual part, not all in the same run obviously. But my intentions on this is to break osu get it approved, and have it FCable.

Congratulations to buraimaster1234! First to complete! :D

EDIT: STORYBOARDING FOR THIS MAP HAS BEGUN. I have bigish plans (for me at least >_>) Here is the first release. As you can see, each tribute in this song has it's own icon. Upon beating that section of the song, the icon receives a Check to show that is has been completed. The icon will turn green when the tribute is in progress, and revert back to normal when it is over. As you can see, theres something wrong with this atm. But all of the icons and checks are there. I'm also planning on having the icons fade both in and out, but I just wanted to get a little something coded to work off of.

Also, the title of the tribute's song will scroll/appear (not sure yet) at the bottom of the screen once it is in play also. Still need to code that up.

Storyboarding v.01

edit: I adjusted the deathstreams so they are more like James's We Are. They're deffinately a lot easier now, and more We-Areish. With this out of the way maybe some of you can experience the rest of the map now :P

NOTE: Any note in the bottom left corner was not meant to be hit. So no, this map is not FCable. That note is required to hit notes behind the spinners.. I will look into trying to fix that later. Just work on surviving for now :D

This beatmap was not meant to be ranked. This will most likely be the only difficulty I release with this song. My goal was to collab some of the hardest beatmaps created into one map and make one beast of an insane, unrankable map. That is all. Nothing more than a challenge to the people who like to think they are good at osu.

Alright, I'm happy to finally submit this monster of a beatmap. It will test the skills of all people who claim to be at the top of the ladder. This beatmap is a whopping 5 and a half minutes long, 300 BPM, and has 0 breaks. Think that's bad? Wait till you see all of the unrankable goodness in this puppy.

One of the coolest things about this beatmap is that I incorporated sections of some of the hardest beatmaps created. Try to pick them out ;) I will compile an invisible list later incase you want the spoilers and to see if you were right about any.

This is also my first map with any type of storyboarding in it. Peppy yelled at me for my huge and ugly code etc etc, but hey it works ;D.

I'd like to also note that this beatmap was started before the changes with the mouse controls, meaning it was a lot easier to hit those overlapping notes. It IS indeed still possible to hit them, but it requires a see-saw like motion of the left and right mouse buttons.

Do NOT by any means expect to beat this on your first try. It is also currently un-full comboable. Your one and only mission is to survive.

Post screenies ;)

EASTER EGGS/TRIBUTES/ETC
LOTS of Ultramania (eiji) / Wizards in Winter (echo) inspired spinners
00:19:14: Rize - Lady Love (Eiji)
00:44:74: Dethklok - Hatredcopter (awp)
1:16:74: TERRA - We Are [the deathstreams :P] (James)
1:42:34: Leekspin inspired spinner (Loginer)
2:33:54: Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony [shotgun clock] (Awp)
2:47:94: IOSYS - Marisa (DJPop)
2:52:74: Wizards in Winter (echo)
3:08:94: Can Can (eiji)
3:47:13: Appleseed - Goodluck [i still really love that song ;x (Eiji)
4:34:14: Shotgun Symphony
peppy
I'll just add a disclaimer here that I don't approve of this map and it is not getting ranked no matter what anyone says. :)
Kai
sad but i agree with peppy , this map is lotta-fail-ure type unless you make it more playable this will ramin unranked no matter what
Topic Starter
Rolled
I had no intentions of getting this map ranked ;)

It is just for entertainment for the very few people that will be able to beat it, and for the people that want to get better to beat it. The "Through the Fire and Flames - expert" of osu, imo. I know some people will like it and thats all that I really wanted.

And hell, if nobody even likes it I still enjoy playing it :P
peppy
I do like the strobe effect though.
EiJi
AWESOME~~~~

Best map I've ever played on Osu. Seriously. Very VERY addicting. Great job man.
Maximum
Wow. You are good at slider art. :)
machol30
OH MY...!! This is IMPOSSIBLE!! This is the best beatmap ever, Very addictive. My arm feels like it's just about to fall off. Good job! ;)

Here's a screenshot of my record. My second try at this!:
awp
Ah, so this is what you were talking about. Interesting.
Topic Starter
Rolled
VERY glad to see you guys enjoyed it :D I almost thought it was going to be one of thoese beatmaps that only the creator liked.. so I'm pretty stoked now. I'm anxious to see who be the first one to beat it!

Adding the tribute list to the first post now.
eyup
Nuclear wasted. :)

Topic Starter
Rolled
hoorah!

Maximum
I deleted this beatmap because it was too hard. Now I'm going to play it again so I can fail more, and maybe become better.
AuRevoir_old
wow what the heck... this beatmap's no good for beginners like me! =0=
It's so freaking hard.. haha
and btw, could any of you guys possibly review my beatmap? I need some feedback before I work on harder and easier version...
James
Farthest I got is at 01:17:54 part. :)
It is really fun imo, due to the music itself. 8-)
I don't mind failing lots of times as long as I enjoy the music while killing some time/playing.
/me puts the music in his playlist.

I need to learn that strobe thing!!
peppy
I agree with James that the music is great. You should really think about doing another 2 or 3 difficulties for this... then it might even be rankable :P.
James
I got a DM Ashura song too here, thinking of making one like this too, but with four difficulties so that it "would" get ranked.

Its a 5 minute song though, one of the longest in the whole O2Jam songs in the world, Astral.

Oh btw, I got passed 01:17:54 part but I pressed escape to rest a bit but pressed back to menu instead of resume. :roll:
machol30
Well, it seems like I am the first to complete! :)

Here's screenshot:

Well, it took me a while to get used to. I make some bad errors usually, but hey! I still completed it!
Echo

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Well, it seems like I am the first to complete! :) Well, it took me a while to get used to. I make some bad errors usually, but hey! I still completed it!
Congrats :P
I'm got past the 1:16 part once, but I died soon after that.

peppy wrote:

... then it might even be rankable :P.
Not until you change back the script :D
Topic Starter
Rolled
Awesome job, burai :D You are indeed the first. Was that before or after the change?
show more