forum

[resolved] Is something wrong?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LingonBusken
Problem details: only got 11pp for a 93pp play and it says that it was weighted at 74%

So i was playing this map

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/317273#osu/775561

And I was at 1,855pp before the play and I got an SS on it with DT, and on my profile it was a 93pp play, and that it was weighted at 74% so 69pp. But I only got 11pp beacause now my total pp is at 1,866. And I really don’t get it can someone explain..? I’m lost:(

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Nigrod
I think once all your score is weighted, it adds them all the weighted pp together to get your total pp.

Here is a wiki to Performance Points entry: https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Performance_Points
Topic Starter
LingonBusken

Nigrod wrote:

I think once all your score is weighted, it adds them all the weighted pp together to get your total pp.

Here is a wiki to Performance Points entry: https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Performance_Points

Thanks, but I still find it weird but I guess I got it kinda, but thank you for helping!
Nigrod
See if this helps you, this is shown in wiki i sent as well. Lets say you just got a new top play of "110pp" this is the best play you had out of the 3 you played. the other 2 plays are both "100pp" without weight. Now here is something to remember, your top play ( In this example 110pp) would always get all the pp from that play or have a weight of 100%. so
110pp weighted 100% = 110pp

The second score is worth only 95% of its total pp as it is not your top score. so
100pp weighted 95% = 95pp

Third score is worth only 90% of its total pp since its not your top two score. so
 100pp weighted 90% = 90pp

So to get the total pp you take all the weighted pp and add them together so it would look like
110 + 95 + 90 = 295pp

295pp is the one that will show as "Total pp" on your profile. This means that as you improve in osu! and get new higher scores, older and less scores will start loosing value to the point where it has no value in terms of your total pp. Is there anything i can try to explain that will help you understand better?
Topic Starter
LingonBusken

Nigrod wrote:

See if this helps you, this is shown in wiki i sent as well. Lets say you just got a new top play of "110pp" this is the best play you had out of the 3 you played. the other 2 plays are both "100pp" without weight. Now here is something to remember, your top play ( In this example 110pp) would always get all the pp from that play or have a weight of 100%. so
110pp weighted 100% = 110pp

The second score is worth only 95% of its total pp as it is not your top score. so
100pp weighted 95% = 95pp

Third score is worth only 90% of its total pp since its not your top two score. so
 100pp weighted 90% = 90pp

So to get the total pp you take all the weighted pp and add them together so it would look like
110 + 95 + 90 = 295pp

295pp is the one that will show as "Total pp" on your profile. This means that as you improve in osu! and get new higher scores, older and less scores will start loosing value to the point where it has no value in terms of your total pp. Is there anything i can try to explain that will help you understand better?

I got it now, thank you<3