forum

[Archived] Can't download beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
H33RP
I download beatmaps from third party website (https://osusearch.com/). After some downloads suddenly i can't download from the website and when i come to official website i still can't download beatmaps. is there is anything i did wrong?

It says "You shouldn't be here. You could try going back, though."

or is it because i put "quit w" on my profile
Nigrod
Did you try using a different web browser? You can also try to restart the browser you are using. What browser are you using? You also have to login in order to download beatmaps.
Death
If you download an excessive amount of beatmaps within a short period of time, the new site just shows you the generic "You shouldn't be here" page, rather than showing you a useful message.

If that is what you did, you probably just need to slow down.
Flanster

H33RP wrote:

or is it because i put "quit w" on my profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o
Topic Starter
H33RP

Death wrote:

If you download an excessive amount of beatmaps within a short period of time, the new site just shows you the generic "You shouldn't be here" page, rather than showing you a useful message.

If that is what you did, you probably just need to slow down.

Apparently yes this is the next day and i can download the map. So what is the limit to download a map? Or does it have anything to do with third party website?
Nigrod

Death wrote:

Death mentioned this already.
Death
I don't know what the exact limit is. I'm sure you could find out though, I believe it goes by how many maps you've downloaded in the past hour.

osusearch appears to redirect you to the official download link for the map you want to download, so you are actually downloading the maps through osu.ppy.sh. Because of that, each time you download a map through osusearch it still adds to how many maps you've downloaded. There are certain third party websites that do not do this. Instead you actually download the map from their servers, which doesn't add to that count.
mafuyuki_old_2
can you guys help me too? i cant download beatmaps as well it always shows a white file and thats it. i also observe in youtube that the file must be pink and have a logo note in the middle, im using latop btw...
Zelzatter Zero

mafuyuki wrote:

can you guys help me too? i cant download beatmaps as well it always shows a white file and thats it. i also observe in youtube that the file must be pink and have a logo note in the middle, im using latop btw...
Either you didn't download osu!, or the OS doesn't recognize what application the file should open with. To make sure, right-click the mouse --> Open with --> Choose default program... --> Browse... , then choose where osu! is downloaded, and remember to tick "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" before clicking OK.

Also don't bump old threads.