forum

[Archived] Osu crashing when trying to open on fullscreen with my GPU

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JustKrisso
Problem Details:
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
w OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
w OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
w OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
w OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
w #=zTtk0xiM7QxOys7FYcC6g5bzgaHxP.#=z0dTcDig=(Int32 #=zF39BTFA=, Int32 #=zGRWn5ws=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zMZ71Hwc=)
w #=zfMnzePF4GHqcn$ce4LLJqp4=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zrHnTJHE=)
w #=z8wAxnSFMoRUhIcLDHrQXOsYNExFj.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zrHnTJHE=)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
w #=zke3XeEPDgx7nmkY7Ux_NCHU=.WndProc(Message& #=zWVZj9fQ=)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The thing is :idea: :idea:
The game will work if I open it with my integrated GPU, not GeForce 1050 one that I have
also the game works fine if I change the settings to windowed borderless
the thing is. Its lagging on other options, if I use my integrated GPU it will result in around 30 fps at BEST
and when I play windowed on my GeForce GPU it will have a screen lag wich is also unbearable while playing a game like this
IMPORTANT :cry:
this is not the first time I am experiencing this issue, I've got this many times along playing osu for past 4 years.
The thing is most of the times issue was fixed on next patch and now its sitting on a problem for at least a month.
I would appreciate any help.
Also! :!: :!: :!:
All drivers are up to date, downgrading them doesn't give any result neither
I run windows 10 Home x64

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

no need to, just showing error "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver" TWICE

osu! version: 20190226.2
Death

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.
Since you already know using your integrated graphics works, you can just ignore that part.
Topic Starter
JustKrisso
Compability mode isn't a problem, changing it just makes thisngs worse.
I just can't get as much joy from playing Osu! when I play it on my integradet graphics, it all comes to using my GeForce 1050, wich I use daily and it works fine, but not with Osu!.
I tried to provide as much info as is needed and I start to believe the fix has to come from development side. I can play osu, but I get frustrated easyli when I can't make a score just because circle appears too late for me to notice it and I get avg of 20 FPS.
Death
Does that mean you have compatibility mode enabled or disabled?

I'd also like to add something to the driver portion of that quote. Intel's newer DCH drivers seemed to be causing issues for people. So if you are using those, you may need to go all the way back to some pre-DCH drivers, not just earlier versions of them. Intel mentions on their website that you need to completely uninstall your current drivers and install an older version to do so though, which means you can't just roll back through your device manager.