forum

[Archived] osu crash after install

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akimira
Problem details: osu crash after install.
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M340
all drivers are up to date
opengl and vulkan installed

#=zHKl3HInYvCwJldJ4XETBjubjqrc0: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
в OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
в OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
в OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
в OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
в #=zTtk0xiM7QxOys7FYcC6g5bzgaHxP.#=z0dTcDig=(Int32 #=zF39BTFA=, Int32 #=zGRWn5ws=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zMZ71Hwc=)
в #=zfMnzePF4GHqcn$ce4LLJqp4=.#=zCit9imy7aAXI(GraphicsContextFlags #=zMZ71Hwc=)
--- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
в #=zfMnzePF4GHqcn$ce4LLJqp4=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zrHnTJHE=)
в #=z8wAxnSFMoRUhIcLDHrQXOsYNExFj.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zrHnTJHE=)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
в #=zke3XeEPDgx7nmkY7Ux_NCHU=.WndProc(Message& #=zWVZj9fQ=)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

osu! version: Stable Fallback 20160403.6 (latest)
Death
Try restarting your computer.

If you are still having issues, try uninstalling your current graphics drivers using AMD's Cleanup Utility or Display Driver Uninstaller, and then redownload them from AMD's website. This should be the correct page.
Topic Starter
Akimira

Death wrote:

Try restarting your computer.

If you are still having issues, try uninstalling your current graphics drivers using AMD's Cleanup Utility or Display Driver Uninstaller, and then redownload them from AMD's website. This should be the correct page.

Well, I got it. But osu still crash.
btw I tried to install via old installer, and it works fine but I have no records on the most of community maps
Death
Old installer probably works because it puts you on Fallback which uses DirectX as the default renderer instead of OpenGL. I'm pretty convinced this is still a driver issue. I'd try installing something older if you are still having issues. You don't really want to play on Fallback because score submission is disabled on a bunch of maps (all new maps) and it is missing features.

You could try enabling compatibility mode on the current version of the game though. Inside your osu! folder there is a file named "osu!.pcname.cfg". Edit that file in a text editor, find the "CompatibilityContext" line and set it equal to 1. Save the file, then try starting the game again.

Just a note though, that line doesn't exist in the cfg file used by Fallback (because the setting doesn't exist in that version of the game). If you used the old installer and pointed it toward the same directory that your other, broken installation used, you'll probably need to do something else to get this to work. Otherwise, if you find the line in that file, you don't need to worry about that.
Topic Starter
Akimira

Death wrote:

Old installer probably works because it puts you on Fallback which uses DirectX as the default renderer instead of OpenGL. I'm pretty convinced this is still a driver issue. I'd try installing something older if you are still having issues. You don't really want to play on Fallback because score submission is disabled on a bunch of maps (all new maps) and it is missing features.

You could try enabling compatibility mode on the current version of the game though. Inside your osu! folder there is a file named "osu!.pcname.cfg". Edit that file in a text editor, find the "CompatibilityContext" line and set it equal to 1. Save the file, then try starting the game again.

Just a note though, that line doesn't exist in the cfg file used by Fallback (because the setting doesn't exist in that version of the game). If you used the old installer and pointed it toward the same directory that your other, broken installation used, you'll probably need to do something else to get this to work. Otherwise, if you find the line in that file, you don't need to worry about that.

Well, I tried to reinstall the driver to the older one, but it doesn't work too.
Also, I tried to reinstall osu (cause there wasn't that line in cfg file) and folder, which has been chosen in a new installer is empty.
Btw, is there any opportunity to install osu on unix-based systems?
Death

thecursed1 wrote:

Also, I tried to reinstall osu (cause there wasn't that line in cfg file) and folder, which has been chosen in a new installer is empty.
Not entirely sure what the second part of this means. Are you saying the file is empty after installing again?

thecursed1 wrote:

Btw, is there any opportunity to install osu on unix-based systems?
Which particular Unix-based system are you talking about? You might be able to get something working with Wine, but it could be difficult.
Topic Starter
Akimira
I just deleted osu, and then tried to reinstall it via a new installer. So, I got the same error and nothing have been installed (folder was empty).
Death
I think the installer should be at least be downloading most of the files necessary to run the game before the game actually opens, so I have no idea why your installation folder would be completely empty. Are you saying this messages pops up right when you run the installer or something?