forum

[Archived] My collection keeps deleting itself

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zoeskal
So basically today I opened up osu and my beatmaps needed to be processed again for some reason, so after it was done processing my collection was gone, I tried restarting the game or F5 again but nothing worked. So i opened up my osu folder and opened up collection.db and it was empty, then i realised I had a backup of my collection, which I opened up and it was all there, so i tried moving that backup into the collection.db by copy pasting it, then i open up osu and my collection disapeared again. lol
So after that i realised there was suddenly another collection.db.[random numbers].bak and inside was my copy pasted collection, and when I opened up collection.db it just had "4 " saved inside it. So for some reason whenever I edit collection.db and open up osu it moves itself to a backup and replaces itself with "4 ".
How do I fix this? I tried uninstalling osu and removing all collection files (I've got it saved on discord now) but nothing worked.

http://prntscr.com/my2ms3 <--- my backups after i copy pasted and opened up osu a few times
http://prntscr.com/my2n3w <--- collection.db and collection...bak

osu! version: 20190226.2
Death
Editing a db file in a text editor will not give you any useful information, that 4 probably has no significance.

Close osu! and move your current collection.db file outside of your installation folder. Rename your most recent collection.db.[numbers].bak to collection.db and make sure the file type actually changes to db from bak. Then try starting the game again.

Zoeskal wrote:

I tried uninstalling osu...
This was not the best idea. The collection.db file should be able to be moved into any osu! installation, but apparently the file won't actually work unless you have all of the beatmap it needs present in your game (that's according to this wiki page). If I had to guess, this is why collections can sometimes disappear after your maps reprocess, and it is also why restarting sometimes fixes them.
Topic Starter
Zoeskal
I tried that just now and it still seems to be doing the same thing. Can I somehow merge two collection.db files? Also I have all of those maps so thats not the problem (in fact my Songs folder is 160GB lol).
Death
You can try using this. That has some sort of merge function, not sure how it works though.
Topic Starter
Zoeskal
Oh shit merging the original with my backup worked lol