forum

[resolved] Hello, my problem is that when entering osu.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
durka
Problem details:Hello, my problem is that when entering osu, the screen begins to behave strangely, that is, it becomes completely white, but the sound goes, and if you move somewhere, then the sound and pressing will act. I updated the driver and reinstalled the game, the result: Nothing helped, all the same.

I have a netbook, 1 GB of RAM and a weak graphics card. Asked for help in the Russian community, did not help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I do not know how to do it, I apologize. I'm bread :)

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2
Death
Give this a try:
  1. Close osu! (do this first before doing anything else)
  2. Open your installation folder (the default filepath is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!)
  3. Find the "osu!.pcname.cfg" file (pcname will be replaced with whatever the name of your computer is) and edit it in some text editor (notepad will work)
  4. Find the lines BloomSoftening and Shaders, and set them both equal to 0 if they aren't already.
  5. Save the file, then try starting the game again.
Topic Starter
durka

Death wrote:

Give this a try:
  1. Close osu! (do this first before doing anything else)
  2. Open your installation folder (the default filepath is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!)
  3. Find the "osu!.pcname.cfg" file (pcname will be replaced with whatever the name of your computer is) and edit it in some text editor (notepad will work)
  4. Find the lines BloomSoftening and Shaders, and set them both equal to 0 if they aren't already.
  5. Save the file, then try starting the game again.

Hello, I did as you said. Nothing helped, when I opened the cfg file, I noticed that everything was set to 0 there, I tried to set it to 0 again, nothing has changed. I don’t even know what can be done ...
Death
Can you find the "CompatibilityContext" line in that same file and tell me what it is set to?
Topic Starter
durka

Death wrote:

Can you find the "CompatibilityContext" line in that same file and tell me what it is set to?

No, I don't have it.
Death
Pretty sure that line should be in there unless you are on Fallback. If the version number at the bottom of your original post is correct, you are not on fallback, but it doesn't seem too accurate considering it still says you are using some 2018 version of the game.

Find the "LastVersion" line in that file and tell me what it says.
Topic Starter
durka

Death wrote:

Pretty sure that line should be in there unless you are on Fallback. If the version number at the bottom of your original post is correct, you are not on fallback, but it doesn't seem too accurate considering it still says you are using some 2018 version of the game.

Find the "LastVersion" line in that file and tell me what it says.

This is what shows me. b20190226.2

Before you write, I downloaded from the site osu, the latest version seems to be like.
Death
Yes, that is the latest version of the game. So that CompatibilityContext line should be somewhere in that file. Try checking again? Not sure how it would be possible for it to not be in there to be honest.
Topic Starter
durka

Death wrote:

Yes, that is the latest version of the game. So that CompatibilityContext line should be somewhere in that file.

Damn, I found. That's what happens when you do not know English and beat the game. CompatibilityContext = 0
Death
It has your login credentials in it if you automatically save them, so no (unless they are removed from the file).
Topic Starter
durka

Death wrote:

It has your login credentials in it if you automatically save them, so no (unless they are removed from the file).

I apologize, I found it. CompatibilityContext = 0
Death
Try setting it to 1.