forum

[Archived] Maps dissappearing from collection after PC crashes ingame

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Benjirich
Problem details:
Due to unknown reasons my PC freezes if it's not being used sometimes, in osu! that happens on score screens, pause screen or song selection sometimes. It wouldn't be a problem but rarely when it happens there are less maps in my collection than there were before (before 40k, after 37k, another crash I am at 30k etc). And reading them all back in takes 30 minutes+.
Also my collections are deleted, those become very important with very high numbers of maps.

Is there any way around backing up the files every day or giving osu its 30 minutes to read in my maps again? For some reason my favorite maps seem to dissappear, especially the ones I found just before the crash that resulted in the problem.

Please do not attempt to fix my PC, it's been a year and countless attempts.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
-

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Nigrod
Try reprocessing your beatmaps (go into the song selection screen and press f5).
Topic Starter
Benjirich
That works, yes, until they go away with a freeze again. Also doing that often leads to freezes, they are hard to avoid because the reprocessing takes 20-30 minutes.
Nigrod
Go into your osu! folder and edit "osu!user.cfg". Try setting "CompatibilityContext" to 1. If it just crashes your game then set it back to 0. Try deleting some maps or something so processing doesn't take that long. Your computer probably can't handle 20k+ beatmaps.